CSNbbs
This trash ball is the result of bad coaching - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: MemphisTigers.org (/forum-446.html)
+------ Forum: Dockery-Finch Memorial Tiger Sports Forum (/forum-499.html)
+------ Thread: This trash ball is the result of bad coaching (/thread-728774.html)

Pages: 1 2

This trash ball is the result of bad coaching - midtowncowboy - 02-28-2015 10:34 PM

Nuff said.

RE: This trash ball is the result of bad coaching - EvilLore - 02-28-2015 10:36 PM

The opposite of love isn't hate, it's indifference.

I'm just about to that point now. Oh well, bring on Fuente's Tigers.

RE: This trash ball is the result of bad coaching - tigerderek - 02-28-2015 10:37 PM

Will he use Austin's injury as an excuse??? He was doing it in the pregame interview! Lmao.

RE: This trash ball is the result of bad coaching - tigerlands - 02-28-2015 10:39 PM

We could see this post coming from a mile away.

RE: This trash ball is the result of bad coaching - tigerpride96 - 02-28-2015 10:40 PM

A current top 25 coach said of Pastner within this past year that "He's the biggest joke in Div 1 basketball". I think he may be right.

RE: This trash ball is the result of bad coaching - tigerderek - 02-28-2015 10:43 PM

(02-28-2015 10:39 PM)tigerlands Wrote:  We could see this post coming from a mile away.

True too.

RE: This trash ball is the result of bad coaching - JMSTiger - 02-28-2015 10:45 PM

6 years in and there is still no real offense. Just the same one-on-one, dribble it around, freak out and chunk a three. I think the guy is clueless. He was advertised as some sort of genius when he was hired. I am sorry. I don't see it. Never have.

RE: This trash ball is the result of bad coaching - midtowncowboy - 02-28-2015 10:45 PM

(02-28-2015 10:45 PM)JMSTiger Wrote:  6 years in and there is still no real offense. Just the same one-on-one, dribble it around, freak out and chunk a three. I think the guy is clueless. He was advertised as some sort of genius when he was hired. I am sorry. I don't see it. Never have.

I have officially joined the club.

Wish him the best. Just not the head coach Memphis needs.

RE: This trash ball is the result of bad coaching - tiger-viper - 02-28-2015 10:46 PM

jmstiger has spoken.

RE: This trash ball is the result of bad coaching - presskh - 02-28-2015 10:48 PM

(02-28-2015 10:40 PM)tigerpride96 Wrote:  A current top 25 coach said of Pastner within this past year that "He's the biggest joke in Div 1 basketball". I think he may be right.

Reference? Which coach said this? I don't think Pastner is a great coach either but I would be surprised if a top 25 coach actually said this in a public forum (although he might say this to a recruit).

RE: This trash ball is the result of bad coaching - dgold38 - 03-01-2015 07:26 PM

(02-28-2015 10:45 PM)JMSTiger Wrote:  6 years in and there is still no real offense. Just the same one-on-one, dribble it around, freak out and chunk a three. I think the guy is clueless. He was advertised as some sort of genius when he was hired. I am sorry. I don't see it. Never have.

That is not true, they run a pick and roll and then they run there high low set, they actually run the best offense this year then in all of his previous teams.

The problem I see is he runs no counters once the team has seen the play 3 or 4 times is how you get easy back door dunks or lobs but he does not even attempt to counter his set plays. Its like a boxer who just keeps throwing the same combinations over and over again.

So I voted to go another direction and that is how I feel, but this year he actually is running a play or two. I really feel this is best job coaching since he got here.

RE: This trash ball is the result of bad coaching - macgar32 - 03-01-2015 07:29 PM

(02-28-2015 10:48 PM)presskh Wrote:  
(02-28-2015 10:40 PM)tigerpride96 Wrote:  A current top 25 coach said of Pastner within this past year that "He's the biggest joke in Div 1 basketball". I think he may be right.

Reference? Which coach said this? I don't think Pastner is a great coach either but I would be surprised if a top 25 coach actually said this in a public forum (although he might say this to a recruit).

Napier was asked why they played so well in Memphis and he responded it is not being in Memphis but it is the way memephis plays defense...huge insult

RE: This trash ball is the result of bad coaching - MTigerBlue - 03-01-2015 08:09 PM

So, UConn beat SMU, and now Tulsa is in first place. I feel much better. That was the first place AAC team that beat us at home after being down nine. It's like how Virginia was a top five team this year, so it wasn't really an embarrassment getting drubbed by them last year in the NCAA tournament, the fact that they lost the very next game notwithstanding.

RE: This trash ball is the result of bad coaching - ByrdMan - 03-01-2015 08:17 PM

(03-01-2015 08:09 PM)MTigerBlue Wrote:  So, UConn beat SMU, and now Tulsa is in first place. I feel much better. That was the first place AAC team that beat us at home after being down nine. It's like how Virginia was a top five team this year, so it wasn't really an embarrassment getting drubbed by them last year in the NCAA tournament, the fact that they lost the very next game notwithstanding.

I hope my sarcasm meter is about to blow up

RE: This trash ball is the result of bad coaching - snowtiger - 03-01-2015 08:17 PM

(02-28-2015 10:36 PM)EvilLore Wrote:  The opposite of love isn't hate, it's indifference.

Hate is not the opposite of love; apathy is.
-Rollo May

RE: This trash ball is the result of bad coaching - snowtiger - 03-01-2015 08:20 PM

(03-01-2015 08:17 PM)ByrdMan Wrote:  
(03-01-2015 08:09 PM)MTigerBlue Wrote:  So, UConn beat SMU, and now Tulsa is in first place. I feel much better. That was the first place AAC team that beat us at home after being down nine. It's like how Virginia was a top five team this year, so it wasn't really an embarrassment getting drubbed by them last year in the NCAA tournament, the fact that they lost the very next game notwithstanding.

I hope my sarcasm meter is about to blow up

Got a web cam...? Not I, but some here might like to watch.

RE: This trash ball is the result of bad coaching - Strat57 - 03-01-2015 08:22 PM

It doesn't matter who weighs in about Pastner, does it? I would think, in all honesty, that the only people who really matter are not here using nicknames, lol. Rudd, Bowen, Graf and Rose aren't posting. They are the ones who matter.

RE: This trash ball is the result of bad coaching - Sundanceuiuc - 03-01-2015 08:26 PM

(03-01-2015 08:22 PM)Strat57 Wrote:  It doesn't matter who weighs in about Pastner, does it? I would think, in all honesty, that the only people who really matter are not here using nicknames, lol. Rudd, Bowen, Graf and Rose aren't posting. They are the ones who matter.

I reject this premise, I actually think you're Graf...

03-wink

RE: This trash ball is the result of bad coaching - tigerpride96 - 03-01-2015 08:32 PM

(02-28-2015 10:48 PM)presskh Wrote:  

I'm not going to say. It's similar sentiment that other coaches have towards the Memphis program though.

RE: This trash ball is the result of bad coaching - snowtiger - 03-01-2015 08:34 PM

(03-01-2015 08:22 PM)Strat57 Wrote:  It doesn't matter who weighs in about Pastner, does it? I would think, in all honesty, that the only people who really matter are not here using nicknames, lol. Rudd, Bowen, Graf and Rose aren't posting. They are the ones who matter.

Pretty much correct.

This is just a studio without a mixing board. As far as I can tell there are too many main vocals and they're all compressed. I'm not mixer though.