CSNbbs
Haven't Seen This In A While: ESPN Bracketoloy with UNCW in NCAA Tournament - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CAAbbs (/forum-676.html)
+---- Forum: CAA Conference Talk (/forum-677.html)
+----- Forum: UNCW (/forum-686.html)
+----- Thread: Haven't Seen This In A While: ESPN Bracketoloy with UNCW in NCAA Tournament (/thread-727596.html)

Haven't Seen This In A While: ESPN Bracketoloy with UNCW in NCAA Tournament - 70shawk - 02-19-2015 12:52 PM

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology/_/iteration/234

FWIW.

That's the good news. The bad news is they have us bracketed in the #16 play-in game spot against Texas Southern, with the winner to face Kebntucky in the next game in Louisville.

Anyway it's all fun, fantasy, stuff at this point. But It's been 9 years since we have been on anybody's "Bracketology" projections!

Haven't Seen This In A While: ESPN Bracketoloy with UNCW in NCAA Tournament - Seahawk Nation 08 - 02-19-2015 01:25 PM

Definitely fun to be part of the tournament discussions, but I wouldn't worry at all about where the CAA champ gets seeded. Too early for that.

RE: Haven't Seen This In A While: ESPN Bracketoloy with UNCW in NCAA Tournament - bricksnivy - 02-19-2015 02:40 PM

Lunardi usually gets the actual teams correct, which isn't that hard, but he isn't accurate on seedings.

RE: Haven't Seen This In A While: ESPN Bracketoloy with UNCW in NCAA Tournament - solohawks - 02-19-2015 03:45 PM

Hopefully we will be ablw to see what type of seed we get. Per conference rpi we are in line for a 13 or 14. But then you have teams like wofford that are in a lower ranked coconference but have a much higher rpi. If we make it i see us as a 14th maybe a 15th. I don't see us as a 16th at all particularly if we win out

Haven't Seen This In A While: ESPN Bracketoloy with UNCW in NCAA Tournament - Seahawk Nation 08 - 02-19-2015 03:55 PM

(02-19-2015 02:40 PM)bricksnivy Wrote:  Lunardi usually gets the actual teams correct, which isn't that hard, but he isn't accurate on seedings.

Yeah, it really comes down to those "last 4 in". If you only get 2 of those right, it means you don't know sh**. Bracketology's usefulness only extends to letting you know about teams and their resumes, not prediction.

RE: Haven't Seen This In A While: ESPN Bracketoloy with UNCW in NCAA Tournament - B_Hawk06 - 02-19-2015 04:00 PM

That is all only a result of current CAA standings. Don't let this fool you into thinking that Lunardi even remembers UNCW, or has any knowledge of our season expectations/results thus far.

RE: Haven't Seen This In A While: ESPN Bracketoloy with UNCW in NCAA Tournament - solohawks - 02-20-2015 02:54 PM

just took a look at the RPI. unless there are a lot of upsets in other conference tournaments, we are looking at a 16th seed this year should we beat the Tribe on Monday night in Baltimore 03-wink

RE: Haven't Seen This In A While: ESPN Bracketoloy with UNCW in NCAA Tournament - EvanJ - 02-20-2015 08:17 PM

Based on the RPI, I would say Northeastern and William & Mary are guaranteed to not have to play in the First Four as a 16 seed. If anybody else wins the CAA Tournament, the First Four is a possibility.

Haven't Seen This In A While: ESPN Bracketoloy with UNCW in NCAA Tournament - B_Hawk06 - 02-20-2015 08:19 PM

I agree with Evan. If we win, we are absolutely looking at a play in game. All of that is a long ways off though. Let's hope the team finishes the regular season 3-0 and see how that works out with final standings and CAAT seeding.