CSNbbs
Basketball Recruit Updates - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CAAbbs (/forum-676.html)
+---- Forum: CAA Conference Talk (/forum-677.html)
+----- Forum: UNCW (/forum-686.html)
+----- Thread: Basketball Recruit Updates (/thread-727343.html)

RE: Recruit Updates - Gary Miller - 03-25-2018 08:26 PM

Class of 2019 RDC Lakers SG Jayvis Harvey is a solid mid-major prospect. Said he's receiving interest from UNC-Greensboro, UNC-Wilmington, and NC Central.

RE: Recruit Updates - billthebighawksfan - 03-25-2018 08:33 PM

I really like Jervae Robinson's ability. He would be a terrific addition to the team. Apparently, others like him too. He attacks the rim nicely and can finish well.

RE: Recruit Updates - Gary Miller - 03-26-2018 09:54 AM

(03-25-2018 08:33 PM)billthebighawksfan Wrote:  I really like Jervae Robinson's ability. He would be a terrific addition to the team. Apparently, others like him too. He attacks the rim nicely and can finish well.

I agree. He's got great speed and his ability to finish in traffic looks good. Reminds me of Ty Taylor.

RE: Recruit Updates - Rueben Kincaid - 03-26-2018 11:29 AM

You guys can really determine this by looking at a brief youtube video?

Recruit Updates - B_Hawk06 - 03-26-2018 12:12 PM

(03-26-2018 11:29 AM)Rueben Kincaid Wrote:  You guys can really determine this by looking at a brief youtube video?

Some of us have a very particular set of skills. Skills we have acquired over a very long career on message boards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Recruit Updates - bricksnivy - 03-26-2018 12:42 PM

(03-26-2018 12:12 PM)CG_Hawk06 Wrote:  
(03-26-2018 11:29 AM)Rueben Kincaid Wrote:  You guys can really determine this by looking at a brief youtube video?

Some of us have a very particular set of skills. Skills we have acquired over a very long career on message boards.

Indeed, we have several brilliant basketball minds on this board. We're all the next Dave Telep.

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--spurs-hire-respected-scout-dave-telep-045304067.html

RE: Recruit Updates - Uncw3 - 03-26-2018 04:35 PM

Looks like Channel Banks has changed his interest from none to medium today.

RE: Recruit Updates - B_Hawk06 - 03-26-2018 04:42 PM

(03-26-2018 04:35 PM)Uncw3 Wrote:  Looks like Channel Banks has changed his interest from none to medium today.

Interesting turn of events.

RE: Recruit Updates - Gary Miller - 03-26-2018 05:10 PM

(03-26-2018 04:35 PM)Uncw3 Wrote:  Looks like Channel Banks has changed his interest from none to medium today.

So on Saturday, he tweeted that his final 2 were Akron and East Tennessee State, the tweet has since been deleted and he tweeted today "This is stressful!!!!" Between this and the Cacok rumors, it's officially twitter drama season!

RE: Recruit Updates - 82hawk - 03-26-2018 05:33 PM

(03-26-2018 05:10 PM)Gary Miller Wrote:  

So on Saturday, he tweeted that his final 2 were Akron and East Tennessee State, the tweet has since been deleted and he tweeted today "This is stressful!!!!" Between this and the Cacok rumors, it's officially twitter drama season!

I'm glad we have people following this, I pay no attention except for what makes it to this board. Thank you for you service....04-cheers

Recruit Updates - B_Hawk06 - 03-26-2018 05:37 PM

(03-26-2018 05:33 PM)82hawk Wrote:  

I'm glad we have people following this, I pay no attention except for what makes it to this board. Thank you for you service....04-cheers

Been some decent growth on the board this year. Been lots to talk about too... that definitely helps.

RE: Recruit Updates - bricksnivy - 03-27-2018 06:00 AM

The odd thing is that he still has the tweet saying he's narrowed it down to ETSU and Akron pinned, but on VC, it looks like all teams are medium interest again. I refuse to get to wrapped up in the tweets of a teenager, but this one is certainly interesting. It's a big decision for him, so I understand the "stressful" sentiment. Hopefully we have a shot.

RE: Recruit Updates - Gary Miller - 03-27-2018 08:04 AM

(03-27-2018 06:00 AM)bricksnivy Wrote:  

The odd thing is that he still has the tweet saying he's narrowed it down to ETSU and Akron pinned, but on VC, it looks like all teams are medium interest again. I refuse to get to wrapped up in the tweets of a teenager, but this one is certainly interesting. It's a big decision for him, so I understand the "stressful" sentiment. Hopefully we have a shot.

I originally saw the tweet by following @JucoRecruiting as they quote tweeted him, it has since been deleted by him and it's no longer pinned. I looked in his mentions and a lot of Akron and ETSU fans responded going back and forth about which school is better... So he could possibly be stressed about deciding between those two schools. I almost tweeted at him asking him whether he'd prefer the beach during winter or Akron... LOL... I refrained, I think it's pretty lame for anyone to use twitter to persuade a recruit. I wish him the best of luck in his tough decision.

RE: Recruit Updates - Seahawkhoops - 03-27-2018 08:07 AM

(03-27-2018 08:04 AM)Gary Miller Wrote:  

I almost tweeted at him asking him whether he'd prefer the beach during winter or Akron... LOL... I refrained, I think it's pretty lame for anyone to use twitter to persuade a recruit. I wish him the best of luck in his tough decision.
DO IT!!!!!!COGS

RE: Recruit Updates - 82hawk - 03-27-2018 08:41 AM

(03-27-2018 08:04 AM)Gary Miller Wrote:  

I originally saw the tweet by following @JucoRecruiting as they quote tweeted him, it has since been deleted by him and it's no longer pinned. I looked in his mentions and a lot of Akron and ETSU fans responded going back and forth about which school is better... So he could possibly be stressed about deciding between those two schools. I almost tweeted at him asking him whether he'd prefer the beach during winter or Akron... LOL... I refrained, I think it's pretty lame for anyone to use twitter to persuade a recruit. I wish him the best of luck in his tough decision.

A picture is worth a thousand words. Just tweet a pic of Wrightsville beach #UNCW

RE: Recruit Updates - SEA33HAWK - 03-27-2018 08:45 AM

I don't know how strict they are about it, but it's against NCAA rules for fans or anyone associated with the school to recruit players. Except for the coaches. It would be our luck that we would receive sanctions from a documented tweet.

RE: Recruit Updates - Proff - 03-27-2018 09:09 AM

Well said 33. Someone with the best of intentions could cause a problem.

Sent from my SM-G955U using CSNbbs mobile app

RE: Recruit Updates - Seahawkhoops - 03-27-2018 09:24 AM

(03-27-2018 08:45 AM)SEA33HAWK Wrote:  I don't know how strict they are about it, but it's against NCAA rules for fans or anyone associated with the school to recruit players. Except for the coaches. It would be our luck that we would receive sanctions from a documented tweet.

with social media being what it is, this happens all the time. Now if an AD, Professor, something like that did it, it could be a problem.

RE: Recruit Updates - Gary Miller - 03-27-2018 09:28 AM

(03-27-2018 09:24 AM)Seahawkhoops Wrote:  
(03-27-2018 08:45 AM)SEA33HAWK Wrote:  I don't know how strict they are about it, but it's against NCAA rules for fans or anyone associated with the school to recruit players. Except for the coaches. It would be our luck that we would receive sanctions from a documented tweet.

with social media being what it is, this happens all the time. Now if an AD, Professor, something like that did it, it could be a problem.

Yeah if that rule was related to fans, ETSU and Akron should get hit with penalties hard. It's pretty funny to read some of the back and forth... I saw an Akron fan say "You can play pickup with the "King" during the summer"... LOL. For now, I'll let it the staff do their job and if he does decide to commit I might show him some appreciation.

RE: Recruit Updates - tke75hawk - 03-27-2018 09:59 AM

If you make a donation to uncw or Seahawk club it would be a violation of ncaa rules.the Seahawk club sends out what you can not do when you contribute.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using CSNbbs mobile app