CSNbbs
Basketball Recruit Updates - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CAAbbs (/forum-676.html)
+---- Forum: CAA Conference Talk (/forum-677.html)
+----- Forum: UNCW (/forum-686.html)
+----- Thread: Basketball Recruit Updates (/thread-727343.html)

Recruit Updates - Seahawkhoops - 04-05-2017 04:25 PM

SOB! So now we lost all 4 recruits? Welcome to Moss part 2

RE: Recruit Updates - bricksnivy - 04-05-2017 04:37 PM

(04-05-2017 04:25 PM)Seahawkhoops Wrote:  SOB! So now we lost all 4 recruits? Welcome to Moss part 2

You are in rare form. Off the ledge. McGrath hasn't even been introduced and you're comparing him to Benny Moss.

FWIW, State's only incoming recruit from the previous staff also decommitted. It's a little early to panic.

Recruit Updates - Seahawkhoops - 04-05-2017 04:45 PM

(04-05-2017 04:37 PM)bricksnivy Wrote:  
(04-05-2017 04:25 PM)Seahawkhoops Wrote:  SOB! So now we lost all 4 recruits? Welcome to Moss part 2

You are in rare form. Off the ledge. McGrath hasn't even been introduced and you're comparing him to Benny Moss.

FWIW, State's only incoming recruit from the previous staff also decommitted. It's a little early to panic.

One vs all it two entirely different things! Unless he has a rabbit in his hat we are set back two years. Keatts filled his scolly with a 4 star stud pg, so him losing a recruit really doesn't matter. You almost always lose one or two with a coaching change losing all 4 is not good at all no matter which way you slice it

RE: Recruit Updates - SEA33HAWK - 04-05-2017 05:05 PM

It's​ my understanding that State only lost one recruit because there was only one. Plus the freshman is gone. We still have a transfer in Taylor. It's not pretty, but it could be worse.

Recruit Updates - Seahawkhoops - 04-05-2017 05:16 PM

(04-05-2017 05:05 PM)SEA33HAWK Wrote:  It's​ my understanding that State only lost one recruit because there was only one. Plus the freshman is gone. We still have a transfer in Taylor. It's not pretty, but it could be worse.

Hopefully he has a few next tier guys that just didn't make cut at unc up his sleeve

RE: Recruit Updates - Dash Rip Rock Jr - 04-05-2017 05:41 PM

The JUCO from New Bern is still coming

RE: Recruit Updates - getmhawks - 04-05-2017 05:45 PM

(04-05-2017 05:16 PM)Seahawkhoops Wrote:  
(04-05-2017 05:05 PM)SEA33HAWK Wrote:  It's​ my understanding that State only lost one recruit because there was only one. Plus the freshman is gone. We still have a transfer in Taylor. It's not pretty, but it could be worse.

Hopefully he has a few next tier guys that just didn't make cut at unc up his sleeve

Interesting comments regarding Bass via Whitley in the Seahawk News article. Whitley shouldn't have come out as strong about staying on if he wasn't even going to talk to our coach. Young mistake. He should have sat quietly. 10 dollars says he lands with Dooley to make it sting more. I'm less worried about the guards because it's much easier to fill the gap there late. The loss of Cole and Boutte are more troubling.

RE: Recruit Updates - bricksnivy - 04-05-2017 05:55 PM

That's right. State lost their entire class (of 1). I'm not trying to put lipstick on a pig! This sucks, but to come out and saying this is Moss part II is an emotional response. McGrath hasn't even been introduced yet and we're calling him a failure? That's unfair, illogical, and absurd. There a lots of scenarios where we can patch together a class for next year. What if we DID hire Shammond Williams and he brought his godson with him? What if Sean Obi transferred to UNCW from Duke? Both examples are hypothetical, but there are too many possibilities to fold before McGrath is introduced.

Whitley had great things to say about UNCW a week ago. Something seems odd about him requesting his release because he was disappointed with the communication with Bass. I agree with Hoops, though. I'd like to see McGrath in front of Whitely soon. If he loved UNCW a week ago, hopefully there is still a chance.

Recruit Updates - Seahawkhoops - 04-05-2017 06:04 PM

(04-05-2017 05:55 PM)bricksnivy Wrote:  

That's right. State lost their entire class (of 1). I'm not trying to put lipstick on a pig! This sucks, but to come out and saying this is Moss part II is an emotional response. McGrath hasn't even been introduced yet and we're calling him a failure? That's unfair, illogical, and absurd. There a lots of scenarios where we can patch together a class for next year. What if we DID hire Shammond Williams and he brought his godson with him? What if Sean Obi transferred to UNCW from Duke? Both examples are hypothetical, but there are too many possibilities to fold before McGrath is introduced.

Whitley had great things to say about UNCW a week ago. Something seems odd about him requesting his release because he was disappointed with the communication with Bass. I agree with Hoops, though. I'd like to see McGrath in front of Whitely soon. If he loved UNCW a week ago, hopefully there is still a chance.

I'm sorry man I was really hoping we'd have a semi seamless transition and it doesn't appear that will be the case. I just don't want to fall back to the middle of the pack and beyond. And state losing its recruit doesn't mean jack because he filled it with a better recruit.

RE: Recruit Updates - SEA33HAWK - 04-05-2017 06:21 PM

But it still only adds up to one recruit. Keatts has work to do.

RE: Recruit Updates - getmhawks - 04-05-2017 06:27 PM

Someone got in Whitley's ear (another program or mentor) or he hates Carolina as some the guys on the board. Whitley went from being a fan favorite here based on his early stance on coming to another guy somewhere else.

Recruit Updates - Seahawkhoops - 04-05-2017 08:34 PM

(04-05-2017 06:21 PM)SEA33HAWK Wrote:  But it still only adds up to one recruit. Keatts has work to do.

They only had two openings, he upgraded one, and we all know he will fill the other with Someone who can contribute.

RE: Recruit Updates - bricksnivy - 04-06-2017 02:02 PM

(04-05-2017 08:34 PM)Seahawkhoops Wrote:  
(04-05-2017 06:21 PM)SEA33HAWK Wrote:  But it still only adds up to one recruit. Keatts has work to do.

They only had two openings, he upgraded one, and we all know he will fill the other with Someone who can contribute.

A little misleading to say he upgraded. Both guys are four stars according to Scout, and Thomas Allen is likely going to end up with KU now. I haven't seen either play, but Allen has a slightly better offer list than Batts.

Recruit Updates - Seahawkhoops - 04-06-2017 04:50 PM

Quite a few articles have said Batts is the best recruit in Nc that says a lot. Allen has a ton of offers most are mids except Vcu, Xavier, State Cinci. Batts has less offers but they are all legit major schools and his higher grade 83 vs 81 is higher. It's legit to say he upgraded

Recruit Updates - B_Hawk06 - 04-06-2017 07:08 PM

(04-06-2017 04:50 PM)Seahawkhoops Wrote:  Quite a few articles have said Batts is the best recruit in Nc that says a lot. Allen has a ton of offers most are mids except Vcu, Xavier, State Cinci. Batts has less offers but they are all legit major schools and his higher grade 83 vs 81 is higher. It's legit to say he upgraded

This is getting off topic, but VCU is still a Mid.

Now... UNCW recruits... go!

Recruit Updates - Seahawkhoops - 04-06-2017 09:40 PM

(04-06-2017 07:08 PM)CoastGuardHawk06 Wrote:  
(04-06-2017 04:50 PM)Seahawkhoops Wrote:  Quite a few articles have said Batts is the best recruit in Nc that says a lot. Allen has a ton of offers most are mids except Vcu, Xavier, State Cinci. Batts has less offers but they are all legit major schools and his higher grade 83 vs 81 is higher. It's legit to say he upgraded

I guess I meant teams that are not typically in the top 10....

RE: Recruit Updates - bricksnivy - 04-06-2017 09:42 PM

(04-06-2017 09:40 PM)Seahawkhoops Wrote:  
(04-06-2017 07:08 PM)CoastGuardHawk06 Wrote:  

I guess I meant teams that are not typically in the top 10....

Allen has narrowed his choices to KU and OSU, but I'm okay getting back on topic.

RE: Recruit Updates - Coast2Coast - 04-07-2017 07:40 AM

New video of Zac Cuthbertson. He will definitely help this year if he still decides to come to UNCW (so far it sounds promising).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBxu3X2G9xM

RE: Recruit Updates - Screamin' Seahawk - 04-07-2017 07:58 AM

http://www.starnewsonline.com/sports/20170406/mcgraths-first-task-find-recruits-and-quick

Nice article on McGrath and some of the work he's done with Cuthbertson and our current players. Apparently Bryce "intends to be on the team next year but may revisit his status in the next month or so." FWIW. Losing Bryce would really suck but after the presser yesterday I feel pretty good about CB regardless. That being said... here's hoping they all stay!!

RE: Recruit Updates - Dash Rip Rock Jr - 04-07-2017 08:00 AM

So if he likes Mcgrath over the next month he likely will stay but if everything doesn't go his way then he will transfer