CSNbbs
GIVE ME THE BALL!!!! - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Western Michigan (/forum-469.html)
+------ Forum: The Dan Burgardt Memorial Bronco Football Forum (/forum-489.html)
+------ Thread: GIVE ME THE BALL!!!! (/thread-719883.html)

Pages: 1 2

GIVE ME THE BALL!!!! - FrankFoHeisman2015 - 12-20-2014 08:00 PM

I AM THE MAC PLAYER OF THE YEAR!!! FEED ME CIARROCCA!!!!!

RE: GIVE ME THE BALL!!!! - New School Bronco - 12-20-2014 08:02 PM

You haven't done nothing

RE: GIVE ME THE BALL!!!! - The Colonel - 12-20-2014 11:15 PM

My single biggest issue today was the use/non-use/misuse of Franklin. Essentially, it boils down to two questions (depending on the answer to the first):

- Why didn't Franklin get more carries/touches?

- If the answer is some variation of, "We went away from the game plan," the second question is, Why? That would be on Ciarocca, and it's hard to see any reasonable justification for it.

- If the answer is some variation of, "He was hurt," the next question is, Why did you keep him in the game? That would be on P.J., and it's also hard to see any reasonable justification for it.

Terrell is getting a lot of criticism, which is understandable but only to a point. IMO the staff hung Terrell out to dry by making the offense one-dimensional and having him throw over 80% of the time (especially in those conditions). No way were/are we going to beat a team as good as Air Force by being one-dimensional, no matter what the weather was like.

We would have been better off with a healthy Chance in there to keep the Air Force defense honest. Instead, we either used Franklin as a decoy (inexcusable) or kept him in the game when it was clearly affecting the offense. Not good, regardless of which was true.

RE: GIVE ME THE BALL!!!! - Chipdip2 - 12-20-2014 11:25 PM

I cant disagree with that at all Col.

But I do think Terrell and Davis under performed. I don't think we have anyone who will be an upgrade of Davis. But I think we might be able to upgrade ZTs spot.

That's not a knock against ZT. As we saw with OSU their back up was better than Braxton Miller, but most coaches will go with the status quo if they're having success.

RE: GIVE ME THE BALL!!!! - Motown Bronco - 12-20-2014 11:30 PM

The final 6 quarters of the season felt out of sync compared to all previous games. The 8-win year, as a whole, obviously feels a lot better than last year's disaster. But being second-half NIU and AFA the last things we witnessed, it'll kind of stew over the off-season. Granted, we played better competition in those teams than the Ohio-Miami-EMU-CMU streak. But still... those are good burning questions.

RE: GIVE ME THE BALL!!!! - The Colonel - 12-20-2014 11:35 PM

(12-20-2014 11:25 PM)Chipdip2 Wrote:  I cant disagree with that at all Col. But I do think Terrell and Davis under performed. I don't think we have anyone who will be an upgrade of Davis. But I think we might be able to upgrade ZTs spot. That's not a knock against ZT. As we saw with OSU their back up was better than Braxton Miller, but most coaches will go with the status quo if they're having success.

As crazy as it sounds considering he had 3 TDs and well over 100 yards receiving, you're probably right about Davis. The conditions were what they were, but still too many drops.

I don't have any problem with competition at the QB spot. As you said, CD, Ohio State is a good example. Utah State is another one: they went through FOUR QBs on the season, and still beat BYU on the road and won their bowl game.

RE: GIVE ME THE BALL!!!! - Motown Bronco - 12-20-2014 11:58 PM

OSU amazes me. Every QB they throw up there plays like a superstar. They are the polar opposite of scUM lately.

RE: GIVE ME THE BALL!!!! - MajorHoople - 12-21-2014 10:32 AM

Is (was) Franklin injured, or not?

RE: GIVE ME THE BALL!!!! - WesternSkillet - 12-21-2014 10:51 AM

(12-21-2014 10:32 AM)MajorHoople Wrote:  Is (was) Franklin injured, or not?

I have been wondering the same thing. There were a lot of people saying he would be 100% but I had a little doubt in my mind on him being fully healthy.

This team is just not the same when Franklin is not 100%.

GIVE ME THE BALL!!!! - Hoekjeness - 12-21-2014 11:02 AM

Franklin was getting the ball... he just wasn't doing much with it. And our OL wasn't getting the holes we're used to seeing. That's a credit to Air Force's defense.

RE: GIVE ME THE BALL!!!! - Stampede your face!! - 12-21-2014 11:27 AM

(12-21-2014 11:02 AM)Hoekjeness Wrote:  Franklin was getting the ball... he just wasn't doing much with it. And our OL wasn't getting the holes we're used to seeing. That's a credit to Air Force's defense.

Dont credit the other team. I mean they weren't any good with their 9 wins in a tougher conference. 05-stirthepot

RE: GIVE ME THE BALL!!!! - Cant make this sh t up - 12-21-2014 11:44 AM

(12-21-2014 11:02 AM)Hoekjeness Wrote:  Franklin was getting the ball... he just wasn't doing much with it. And our OL wasn't getting the holes we're used to seeing. That's a credit to Air Force's defense.

Seemed to me that the middle of the OL was not picking up all the different rushes, blitz packages that AF was running. Seemed like that was where all the pressure was coming from, and AF was keying on Franklin coming up the middle.

RE: GIVE ME THE BALL!!!! - bostonbronco - 12-21-2014 05:29 PM

We lost to a 9-3 Air Force team in a bowl game.

Disappointed we lost but optimistic about the future.

Many young starters back at many positions.

Many players waiting in the wings chomping at the bit for their chance.

Staff and players learning from their mistakes.

Future looks good. Whoever thought that we would end the season losing in a bowl game when this season started?

RE: GIVE ME THE BALL!!!! - acer1 - 12-25-2014 10:29 AM

Flanklin's injury was a high ankle sprain. No wonder he did not look right the last three games.

Air Force was going to take us out of the running game, does that make us a "bad running" team or them a successful defensive team. I'd say that they accomplished the goal that they set.

Does anyone think that the fact that they played around 20 seniors in the two deep, what did we have in a senior class. Most of their players have been to bowl games, not last year, but they have won. Does that make a difference?

In this fans perspective I think that these are key issues to consider. I'm one damn proud Bronco and will be looking forward to going to more bowl games in the future................and we will win them.

Always proud to be a Bronco, RTB.

RE: GIVE ME THE BALL!!!! - ColinApocalypse - 12-25-2014 10:52 AM

We had 12 seniors on the entire roster.

RE: GIVE ME THE BALL!!!! - wmutkelaw - 12-25-2014 01:03 PM

Probably get called out as a Fleck Fanboy...but, I think WMU's brand is on the rise. We will not only go to bowls, I think we will see better bowl games. I would like a Florida location for selfish reasons. My parents are snow birds.

RE: GIVE ME THE BALL!!!! - brovol - 12-25-2014 02:37 PM

I really wish there was another Ford Field option. I know its not sexy, but its local, and everyone who wants to go can go, even if you don't have the time or money for travel. The school doesn't loose money, and there is a great crowd for a bowl game. Not to mention the fact that it is like a home game. Ford Field is a fantastic venue.

RE: GIVE ME THE BALL!!!! - MajorHoople - 12-25-2014 02:41 PM

tkelaw, Fleck was hired to take us to the "next level" - meaning MAC championships and bowl wins.

He promised as much. He has been given all the tools he asked for. He is now highest paid coach in the MAC.

So we should expect nothing less at least by end of his original contract.

RE: GIVE ME THE BALL!!!! - Stampede your face!! - 12-25-2014 04:10 PM

(12-25-2014 02:41 PM)MajorHoople Wrote:  tkelaw, Fleck was hired to take us to the "next level" - meaning MAC championships and bowl wins.

He promised as much. He has been given all the tools he asked for. He is now highest paid coach in the MAC.

The end of his original contract is 2017, so that seems fair to me.

RE: GIVE ME THE BALL!!!! - bostonbronco - 12-25-2014 09:49 PM

(12-25-2014 04:10 PM)Stampede your face!! Wrote:  
(12-25-2014 02:41 PM)MajorHoople Wrote:  tkelaw, Fleck was hired to take us to the "next level" - meaning MAC championships and bowl wins.

The end of his original contract is 2017, so that seems fair to me.

Agree with both posts. Two strong recruiting classes and a bowl appearance in his second season with mostly freshmen and sophomores. . . . seems like Western's football program is headed in the right direction!