CSNbbs
Best of luck saturday! - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Western Michigan (/forum-469.html)
+------ Forum: The Dan Burgardt Memorial Bronco Football Forum (/forum-489.html)
+------ Thread: Best of luck saturday! (/thread-719574.html)

Best of luck saturday! - 1boisebro - 12-18-2014 04:01 PM

Boise State fan here.

I have nothing against Air Force, but it's hard to not support a team called the Broncos in Boise. 03-thumbsup

Hope you guys have an great game and bring home Bowl Win #1! It sounds like the team and coaches are having a blast so far.

04-cheers

RE: Best of luck saturday! - WesternSkillet - 12-18-2014 05:26 PM

Thank you 1boisebro. I really do hope that we win our first bowl game on the Broncos(BSU) home field.

I've been hoping for a few years that we could play Boise State in a bowl game. It could be nicknamed the "Bronco Bowl."

Good luck with your game against Arizona. Looks like a hard match up but you all have been on the big stage before and I know you have a chance to take them. 04-cheers

RE: Best of luck saturday! - ltcpilot - 12-18-2014 05:49 PM

Seriously? Wait...AF gave now #20 Boise State Broncos their only loss of the season 28-14...I get it. No worries......

...and seriously, good luck to Boise State...represent the MWC well as we will try to do!

GO FALCONS

RE: Best of luck saturday! - Hoekjeness - 12-18-2014 05:55 PM

(12-18-2014 04:01 PM)1boisebro Wrote:  I have nothing against Air Force, but it's hard to not support a team called the Broncos in Boise. 03-thumbsup

I was thinking about this wondering if the locals would all be rooting for us for that exact reason.

1) We are playing against a conference rival
2) We are also the "Broncos"

04-cheers

RE: Best of luck saturday! - 1boisebro - 12-18-2014 06:27 PM

(12-18-2014 05:49 PM)ltcpilot Wrote:  Seriously? Wait...AF gave now #20 Boise State Broncos their only loss of the season 28-14...I get it. No worries......

...and seriously, good luck to Boise State...represent the MWC well as we will try to do!

GO FALCONS

Thanks for the good wishes. 04-cheers

As i said, it's nothing against the Falcons. But i'm originally from the midwest and like to support the midwest teams when i can.

Besides, AF already has a deep and rich history of bowl victories. I'd like to see WMU get their first. 03-thumbsup

A shame the Broncos aren't playing Nevada or Idaho. WMU would easily have the entire city of Boise on their side. 03-yes

I think there will be a slight pro-Falcon crowd, though. We haven't been rivals long, and despite the Falcons kicking our butt this year there's still a lot of respect for AF here.

RE: Best of luck saturday! - The Colonel - 12-18-2014 11:22 PM

(12-18-2014 06:27 PM)1boisebro Wrote:  A shame the Broncos aren't playing Nevada or Idaho. WMU would easily have the entire city of Boise on their side. 03-yes

Thanks for the support, BoiseBro! 04-cheers

We already took care of Idaho earlier this season - I'm sure the Boise fans aware of that appreciate it. If Boise fans knew more about our coach, I have a feeling they'd like him - he has spoken openly about wanting to make us "the new Boise," and our helmets during his first season a year ago were designed like Boise's (player number on one side of the helmet; Bronco logo on the other).

We appreciate whatever support we get from Boise on Saturday!