CSNbbs
Tulane launching billion dollar campaign - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: AAC Conference Talk (/forum-409.html)
+---- Thread: Tulane launching billion dollar campaign (/thread-719302.html)

Tulane launching billion dollar campaign - JDTulane - 12-16-2014 10:03 PM

http://www.nola.com/education/index.ssf/2014/12/tulane_president_michael_fitts.html#incart_river
Quote:Tulane University has begun a campaign to raise at least $1 billion for its endowment, President Michael Fitts disclosed Tuesday. He called the goal crucial for Tulane to remain relevant in the country's increasingly competitive higher education market.

Fitts said Tulane raised $100 million last year, although he would not disclose the total amount the university has secured as part of the campaign. To run a $1 billion campaign, the university must raise $100 million or more every year, he said.

RE: Tulane launching billion dollar campaign - oldtiger - 12-16-2014 10:19 PM

(12-16-2014 10:03 PM)JDTulane Wrote:  http://www.nola.com/education/index.ssf/2014/12/tulane_president_michael_fitts.html#incart_river
Quote:Tulane University has begun a campaign to raise at least $1 billion for its endowment, President Michael Fitts disclosed Tuesday. He called the goal crucial for Tulane to remain relevant in the country's increasingly competitive higher education market.

Fitts said Tulane raised $100 million last year, although he would not disclose the total amount the university has secured as part of the campaign. To run a $1 billion campaign, the university must raise $100 million or more every year, he said.

Impressive.

This is an area where Tulane can absolutely excel. I'm sure that the university will be successful in meeting the $1 billion goal.

RE: Tulane launching billion dollar campaign - Native Georgian - 12-16-2014 10:31 PM

Fitts just took office this past summer. He obviously hasn't wasted any time setting a very ambitious agenda. Good.

RE: Tulane launching billion dollar campaign - techdawg88 - 12-16-2014 11:11 PM

what are the plans for $1 billion?

RE: Tulane launching billion dollar campaign - JDTulane - 12-16-2014 11:37 PM

(12-16-2014 11:11 PM)techdawg88 Wrote:  what are the plans for $1 billion?

Raising or use you mean?

Use is financial aid, investment, medical hirings, campus projects, and probably some to athletics.

RE: Tulane launching billion dollar campaign - shere khan - 12-17-2014 12:51 AM

I saw the official announcement in the paper today

[Image: eb331b1b9bf0f029722a7e734a51c9fcb7aaefb6...0eff9e.jpg]

RE: Tulane launching billion dollar campaign - Savacool - 12-17-2014 07:28 AM

Fitts as former Dean of the University of Pennsylvania Law School had great fund raising success there. A major reason that he was hired as Tulane President.

RE: Tulane launching billion dollar campaign - pablowow - 12-17-2014 08:29 PM

Guess that settles whether we think big as a school. Glad to see our president putting it out there in a big way. And to mention athletics as a focus in this type of declaration should tell everyone we expect to stay relevant across the board. Very excited today

RE: Tulane launching billion dollar campaign - mtmedlin - 12-17-2014 09:03 PM

USF has raised over $800 million on their campaign and we have very few wealth alumni and have a much shorter history then Tulane... as well as academic ranking, so I have no doubt that they can hit that figure.

RE: Tulane launching billion dollar campaign - Native Georgian - 12-17-2014 09:13 PM

(12-17-2014 09:03 PM)mtmedlin Wrote:  USF has raised over $800 million on their campaign and we have very few wealth alumni and have a much shorter history then Tulane... as well as academic ranking, so I have no doubt that they can hit that figure.
Very impressive result for USF… May I ask, how long was that campaign in effect?

RE: Tulane launching billion dollar campaign - mtmedlin - 12-17-2014 09:21 PM

(12-17-2014 09:13 PM)Native Georgian Wrote:  
(12-17-2014 09:03 PM)mtmedlin Wrote:  USF has raised over $800 million on their campaign and we have very few wealth alumni and have a much shorter history then Tulane... as well as academic ranking, so I have no doubt that they can hit that figure.
Very impressive result for USF… May I ask, how long was that campaign in effect?

Ours isnt strictly for endowment but there will be quite a bit that will be applied there. Our endowment jumped about $60 million last year and were shooting to be over $500 million within a year ot 18 months.

It was started about 4 years ago and were currently sitting at $828 million.

http://www.unstoppable.usf.edu/fnd_web/about-the-campaign.aspx

RE: Tulane launching billion dollar campaign - swampbear - 12-17-2014 10:27 PM

(12-16-2014 10:03 PM)JDTulane Wrote:  http://www.nola.com/education/index.ssf/2014/12/tulane_president_michael_fitts.html#incart_river

Good luck to you guys JD