CSNbbs
New Scoreboard for Waldo - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Western Michigan (/forum-469.html)
+------ Forum: The Dan Burgardt Memorial Bronco Football Forum (/forum-489.html)
+------ Thread: New Scoreboard for Waldo (/thread-718661.html)

New Scoreboard for Waldo - okgc - 12-12-2014 09:41 AM

Goal is to have installed for MSU game.
$3 million fund raising started. Open those check books

New Scoreboard for Waldo

RE: New Scoreboard for Waldo - WesternSkillet - 12-12-2014 10:19 AM

Random idea: would it work to have a double sided score board? The other side being for the baseball field. Do you think that could functionally work to see if someone was at a baseball game?

RE: New Scoreboard for Waldo - Nacho - 12-12-2014 10:37 AM

Just wrote a 3 million dollar check. You are welcome.

RE: New Scoreboard for Waldo - SilentStryk09 - 12-12-2014 10:52 AM

For the love of god, don't read the comments on that article. Once again far too many people don't understand how these things are funded.

RE: New Scoreboard for Waldo - uclabruin - 12-12-2014 12:34 PM

(12-12-2014 10:52 AM)SilentStryk09 Wrote:  For the love of god, don't read the comments on that article. Once again far too many people don't understand how these things are funded.

Assuming that would also include "bowling in" the stands or not? Personally, I think it would be cool to have it bowled in modestly and putting new stands in the endzone with not so many rows.

RE: New Scoreboard for Waldo - ColinApocalypse - 12-12-2014 01:04 PM

(12-12-2014 10:37 AM)Nacho Wrote:  Just wrote a 3 million dollar check. You are welcome.

04-bow

RE: New Scoreboard for Waldo - The Colonel - 12-12-2014 04:04 PM

(12-12-2014 12:34 PM)uclabruin Wrote:  Assuming that would also include "bowling in" the stands or not? Personally, I think it would be cool to have it bowled in modestly and putting new stands in the endzone with not so many rows.

If it ever became necessary (due to either a late '90s-like attendance boost and/or P5/G5 survival of the fittest), I would prefer "bowled in modestly" to the near-complete occupation of the hill with bleachers that we saw at the end of that video.

RE: New Scoreboard for Waldo - toddjnsn - 12-12-2014 08:54 PM

Quote:If it ever became necessary (due to either a late '90s-like attendance boost and/or P5/G5 survival of the fittest), I would prefer "bowled in modestly" to the near-complete occupation of the hill with bleachers that we saw at the end of that video.

I like the grass -- and there's always the other grass area too -- but I would want that "bowled in" thing for seats to be BIG -- no sense in covering up merely a decent portion of that to take the grass seating out of the picture. I'd want to see it HUGE to ensure just as many seats if not a bit more.

RE: New Scoreboard for Waldo - uclabruin - 12-13-2014 08:54 AM

I don't shop scoreboards every 11 years, but three million just for the scoreboard seems a bit high. I am guessing that would include updated cameras and switching boards etc. The reason I prefer modest bowled in is because it would be nice to see a full stadium as often as possible...but maybe I am not thinking positive enough

RE: New Scoreboard for Waldo - stdatwmu - 12-18-2014 08:44 PM

Given the level of commitment our donors are suddenly displaying, I'm starting to feel like the south endzone will look a tad more up-to-date when the Spartans come to Waldo in September!

02-13-banana

RE: New Scoreboard for Waldo - MileHighBronco - 12-18-2014 09:14 PM

(12-18-2014 08:44 PM)stdatwmu Wrote:  Given the level of commitment our donors are suddenly displaying, I'm starting to feel like the south endzone will look a tad more up-to-date when the Spartans come to Waldo in September!

02-13-banana

New scoreboard (w/upgraded video screen) - sure, I can see that. If that is what you were referencing, it should look better.

However, any additional seating, such as bowling in the end can't be done that quickly. Planning, permitting, etc., demolition and building takes time. Even if they wanted to do that now (doubtful) it could not be done before next season, unless they had been working on a plan behind the scenes for awhile now and were already getting started with the demo.

First, we need to see bigger crowds. Much bigger. It could happen but I wouldn't bet on it. Not yet.

RE: New Scoreboard for Waldo - stdatwmu - 12-18-2014 09:27 PM

(12-18-2014 09:14 PM)MileHighBronco Wrote:  
(12-18-2014 08:44 PM)stdatwmu Wrote:  Given the level of commitment our donors are suddenly displaying, I'm starting to feel like the south endzone will look a tad more up-to-date when the Spartans come to Waldo in September!

02-13-banana

New scoreboard (w/upgraded video screen) - sure, I can see that. If that is what you were referencing, it should look better.

However, any additional seating, such as bowling in the end can't be done that quickly. Planning, permitting, etc., demolition and building takes time. Even if they wanted to do that now (doubtful) it could not be done before next season, unless they had been working on a plan behind the scenes for awhile now and were already getting started with the demo.

First, we need to see bigger crowds. Much bigger. It could happen but I wouldn't bet on it. Not yet.

Yep, I'm just talking scoreboard.

New Scoreboard for Waldo - Hoekjeness - 12-18-2014 10:23 PM

Those drawings of stadium expansion are all conceptual I'm sure. Right now, I'm betting they are solely focused on the scoreboard.

RE: New Scoreboard for Waldo - ColinApocalypse - 12-18-2014 10:26 PM

Scoreboard is all we need right now. We can't even fill the stadium we have now, why bother expanding it?

RE: New Scoreboard for Waldo - The Colonel - 12-18-2014 11:24 PM

It is good to know that we have donors willing to pony up $ for the program. It definitely improves the odds of seeing a new scoreboard at Waldo when MSU rolls into town around Labor Day.

RE: New Scoreboard for Waldo - wmutkelaw - 12-19-2014 05:53 AM

(12-18-2014 09:14 PM)MileHighBronco Wrote:  

02-13-banana

considering the people involved, I don't agree with this: "However, any additional seating, such as bowling in the end can't be done that quickly. Planning, permitting, etc., demolition and building takes time. Even if they wanted to do that now (doubtful) it could not be done before next season, unless they had been working on a plan behind the scenes for awhile now and were already getting started with the demo."

Where there is a will ($$$) there is a way. Granted, I too believe it is stretch, but don't discount the ability of certain people or groups to move mountains.