CSNbbs
Billybobby's Bold Prediction: Marshall won't get Access Bowl - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: AAC Conference Talk (/forum-409.html)
+---- Thread: Billybobby's Bold Prediction: Marshall won't get Access Bowl (/thread-714534.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Billybobby's Bold Prediction: Marshall won't get Access Bowl - billybobby777 - 11-23-2014 03:22 PM

On Sunday, November 23 I'm predicting this:
Marshall will not get the G5 Access Bowl Bid.
My Rankings:
1. Boise St-needs to win final 2 games and they get it
2. Colorado St-needs Boise to lose 1, and needs to final 2 games to get it
3. Marshall-needs BOTH Boise and CSU to lose 1 more game and needs to win final 2 games to get it; undefeated is not enough with UAB stinker yesterday
4a ECU: Needs all the above teams to lose and win out; Best OOC resume
4b Memphis: Needs all the above to lose and needs to win out.
4c Cincinnati: Needs all the above to lose and needs to win out.
4d UCF: Needs all the above to lose and needs to win out.

Air Force (8-3) and Utah St (9-3) only other decent non-cartel schools worth a mention. AF pounded Boise, but that's about it. Utah St had a decent year but lost to Ark St. I don't see any other contenders at all. OK Banker, bring it.

RE: Billybobby's Bold Prediction: Marshall won't get Access Bowl - PlainTiger - 11-23-2014 03:25 PM

ECU can not get the access bowl unless all of Memphis, Cincinnati, and UCF lose at least one more game.

RE: Billybobby's Bold Prediction: Marshall won't get Access Bowl - pesik - 11-23-2014 03:29 PM

i agree except ecu, they are out...utst/niu probably gets back in before ecu...

RE: Billybobby's Bold Prediction: Marshall won't get Access Bowl - billybobby777 - 11-23-2014 03:32 PM

(11-23-2014 03:25 PM)PlainTiger Wrote:  ECU can not get the access bowl unless all of Memphis, Cincinnati, and UCF lose at least one more game.

I know, but it's still possible. If that were to happen, ECU has a pretty good OOC compared to any other non-cartel conference school. Only Colorado St comes close when it comes to OOC resumes.

RE: Billybobby's Bold Prediction: Marshall won't get Access Bowl - PlainTiger - 11-23-2014 03:37 PM

(11-23-2014 03:32 PM)billybobby777 Wrote:  
(11-23-2014 03:25 PM)PlainTiger Wrote:  ECU can not get the access bowl unless all of Memphis, Cincinnati, and UCF lose at least one more game.

I know, but it's still possible. If that were to happen, ECU has a pretty good OOC compared to any other non-cartel conference school. Only Colorado St comes close when it comes to OOC resumes.

I agree with you on that. I guess my point is, ECU should be listed behind Memphis, Cincinnati, and UCF, cause all of them need to lose before ECU has a chance.

I agree that its Boise, CSU, Marshall, and then the AAC teams next in the pecking order. NIU is not out of the picture yet either.

RE: Billybobby's Bold Prediction: Marshall won't get Access Bowl - Cubanbull - 11-23-2014 03:40 PM

I think it's either Boise or CSU if they win out
Marshall if the two above lose one and they win out.
Memphis needs boise,CSU and Marshall to lose

RE: Billybobby's Bold Prediction: Marshall won't get Access Bowl - billybobby777 - 11-23-2014 03:48 PM

(11-23-2014 03:37 PM)PlainTiger Wrote:  
(11-23-2014 03:32 PM)billybobby777 Wrote:  

I agree with you on that. I guess my point is, ECU should be listed behind Memphis, Cincinnati, and UCF, cause all of them need to lose before ECU has a chance.

I agree that its Boise, CSU, Marshall, and then the AAC teams next in the pecking order. NIU is not out of the picture yet either.

You could be right. You did mention Utah St. They had a good year but that loss to Ark St hurts them bad. I looked, and Ark st is 6-5, and they did beat UTST at home in OT....
As far as NIU: 9-2, with a win over Northwestern as their best, which isn't saying much. They also lost to Arkansas 52-14 and to Central Michigan. Resume is not strong enough IMHO. I'll give NIU this: They played a better schedule than Marshall.

Billybobby's Bold Prediction: Marshall won't get Access Bowl - TIGERBUDDY - 11-23-2014 04:02 PM

Memphis OOC had UCLA and OLE MISS and both were top ten at the time. Looks good to committee.

Posted from my mobile device using the CSNbbs App

RE: Billybobby's Bold Prediction: Marshall won't get Access Bowl - BamaScorpio69 - 11-23-2014 04:03 PM

(11-23-2014 03:22 PM)billybobby777 Wrote:  3. Marshall-needs BOTH Boise and CSU to lose 1 more game and needs to win final 2 games to get it; undefeated is not enough with UAB stinker yesterday

I know you have this hate for Marshall but if the Herd don't get the Access Bowl slot it's not going to be because of a so-called "stinker" loss on the road to UAB.

RE: Billybobby's Bold Prediction: Marshall won't get Access Bowl - DowdyPirate - 11-23-2014 04:09 PM

(11-23-2014 04:03 PM)BamaScorpio69 Wrote:  
(11-23-2014 03:22 PM)billybobby777 Wrote:  3. Marshall-needs BOTH Boise and CSU to lose 1 more game and needs to win final 2 games to get it; undefeated is not enough with UAB stinker yesterday

I know you have this hate for Marshall but if the Herd don't get the Access Bowl slot it's not going to be because of a so-called "stinker" loss on the road to UAB.

Yes it is. Marshall had to blow everyone out to have a chance, and they didn't.

RE: Billybobby's Bold Prediction: Marshall won't get Access Bowl - pesik - 11-23-2014 04:10 PM

it honestly might be.... this is honestly the week a g5 will get into the ranking and it was a tight race between CSU and marshall....Marshall chose the wrong week to be mediocre, and csu/boise chose the right week to demolish someone..csu has put itself above marshall and marshall debate has moved to who is second between marshall and boise...

RE: Billybobby's Bold Prediction: Marshall won't get Access Bowl - billybobby777 - 11-23-2014 06:02 PM

(11-23-2014 04:10 PM)pesik Wrote:  

it honestly might be.... this is honestly the week a g5 will et in to the raking and it was a tight race between CSU and marshall....Marshall chose the wrong week to mediocre, and csu/boise chose the right week to demolish someone..csu has put itself above marshall and marshall debate has moved to who is second between marshall and boise...

I didn't watch the game because I couldn't find it on TV, but I read the ESPN article about it and it seems Marshall got lucky in the 4th quarter to win it. I don't hate Marshall. I do have two issues with Marshall though: 1. I hate that Marshall lets NQ's play, and then their fans say that NQ's are the same as juco's. If every non-cartel school allowed NQ's then Marshall wouldn't have the athletes you do; it's an uneven playing field and an advantage over the rest of us. If allowing NQ's is no big deal, THEN STOP allowing NQ's. 2.The schedule Marshall played this year is the worst in FBS football history. If anyone wants to list a team with a worse schedule, then by all means prove I'm wrong. At least a dozen non-cartel 5 schools would go undefeated with that schedule this year. I know it's not completely Marshall's fault because Louisville backed out of a game, but if you would've scheduled more than 1 C5 school like the rest of us we wouldn't be having this discussion.

RE: Billybobby's Bold Prediction: Marshall won't get Access Bowl - shere khan - 11-23-2014 08:46 PM

First, memphis has not beaten uconn. We arent as good as some think we are and uconn certainly isnt as bad as is assumed. So its all moot.

Second I am so happy we have won eight games arent playing like complete buffoons that i dont give 2 shites what bowl we go get. just control what we can control and enjoy the ride.

Man we have won 8 freaking games. 8. Who would have ever thought that. Heck christmas came early. the rest is gravy, icing on the cake.

RE: Billybobby's Bold Prediction: Marshall won't get Access Bowl - No Bull - 11-23-2014 08:51 PM

buck foise. Why would they deserve it over CSU?

RE: Billybobby's Bold Prediction: Marshall won't get Access Bowl - mtmedlin - 11-23-2014 08:53 PM

(11-23-2014 08:51 PM)No Bull Wrote:  buck foise. Why would they deserve it over CSU?

Because only the conference champ can get the access bowl and Boise beat CSU, so they win the tie breaker.

Its not about deserving. Its the rules.

RE: Billybobby's Bold Prediction: Marshall won't get Access Bowl - billybobby777 - 11-23-2014 08:55 PM

(11-23-2014 08:46 PM)shere khan Wrote:  First, memphis has not beaten uconn. We arent as good as some think we are and uconn certainly isnt as bad as is assumed. So its all moot.

Second I am so happy we have won eight games arent playing like complete buffoons that i dont give 2 shites what bowl we go get. just control what we can control and enjoy the ride.

Man we have won 8 freaking games. 8. Who would have ever thought that. Heck christmas came early. the rest is gravy, icing on the cake.

You'll get to 10. UCONN and then in what would (I'd assume) be a dream ending for you this season: a bowl win over Tennessee or Arkansas. If we can't win the AAC and get an SEC bowl matchup I'll settle for Military vs dookie

RE: Billybobby's Bold Prediction: Marshall won't get Access Bowl - billybobby777 - 11-23-2014 08:59 PM

(11-23-2014 08:51 PM)No Bull Wrote:  buck foise. Why would they deserve it over CSU?

Buck foise indeed but that's the way the rules have this access bowl.
There's only a total of 5 candidates for the big game and they are as follows:
AAC champ
MWC champ
CUSA champ
Sun Belt champ
MAC champ

No one else is eligible. Neither are independents BYU, Navy or Army.

RE: Billybobby's Bold Prediction: Marshall won't get Access Bowl - Sundanceuiuc - 11-23-2014 09:00 PM

Marshall wins out, it's them I feel. One loss and they are toast.

Then:
2a/b: 2 loss MWC champ (either Boise of CSU)
3a/b: 3 loss AAC champ if the others lose.

The AAC has a shot, but we need help!

RE: Billybobby's Bold Prediction: Marshall won't get Access Bowl - Fo Shizzle - 11-23-2014 09:07 PM

If that scenario comes to pass....I hope ECU does not get the access bowl. We do not deserve it. We have not played high level football over the last 6 games. We are a decent team that can be good. We are not great by any stretch of the term. I would think that bowl spot would be filled by a great team.

RE: Billybobby's Bold Prediction: Marshall won't get Access Bowl - billybobby777 - 11-23-2014 09:09 PM

(11-23-2014 09:00 PM)Sundanceuiuc Wrote:  Marshall wins out, it's them I feel. One loss and they are toast.

Then:
2a/b: 2 loss MWC champ (either Boise of CSU)
3a/b: 3 loss AAC champ if the others lose.

The AAC has a shot, but we need help!

I would think that almost every season the access slot will go to a team from either the MWC or AAC as 13 of the top 15 G5 teams belong to one of those 2 leagues.
MAC Attack, CrUdSA and Sun Butt champs will rarely ever get the spot unless they play a schedule allowing them to go undefeated which would require scheduling FCS schools, each other, and no P5's OOC, which of course is a virtual impossibility. So, uh wait, er....what? Who did that? What the?.....