CSNbbs
Back from Mt. Pleasant! - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Western Michigan (/forum-469.html)
+------ Forum: The Dan Burgardt Memorial Bronco Football Forum (/forum-489.html)
+------ Thread: Back from Mt. Pleasant! (/thread-714399.html)

Back from Mt. Pleasant! - BroncoMD - 11-23-2014 12:08 AM

Despite an icy driveway, my son and I made the trek to Mt. Pleasant today. I-94/US-127 was just fine on the way up from the Ann Arbor area. There was a small but vocal group of WMU fans there -- not as many as I would've expected but considering the weather there was enough to make our presence known. CMU fans were fine but not overally cordial. Overall it was a great experience! After the win, my son asked if we could go onto the field. Daniel Braverman greeted each of us with a "high five" and thanked us for coming to the game! WMU has GREAT group of young men!

GO BRONCOS! RTB!

RE: Back from Mt. Pleasant! - Motown Bronco - 11-23-2014 12:20 AM

Good summary, glad you had a good time!

The hardware sure looks nice in our hands.

[Image: B3FD9LCCEAE0S-y.0.0.jpg]

RE: Back from Mt. Pleasant! - brovol - 11-23-2014 07:29 AM

(11-23-2014 12:08 AM)BroncoMD Wrote:  Despite an icy driveway, my son and I made the trek to Mt. Pleasant today. I-94/US-127 was just fine on the way up from the Ann Arbor area. There was a small but vocal group of WMU fans there -- not as many as I would've expected but considering the weather there was enough to make our presence known. CMU fans were fine but not overally cordial. Overall it was a great experience! After the win, my son asked if we could go onto the field. Daniel Braverman greeted each of us with a "high five" and thanked us for coming to the game! WMU has GREAT group of young men!

GO BRONCOS! RTB!

Exactly my assessment.

RE: Back from Mt. Pleasant! - BroncoMD - 11-23-2014 11:39 PM

(11-23-2014 12:20 AM)Motown Bronco Wrote:  Good summary, glad you had a good time!

The hardware sure looks nice in our hands.

[Image: B3FD9LCCEAE0S-y.0.0.jpg]

Indeed!

My wife actually scored free UM football tickets for my son but he gave them away to his buddies for opportunity to attend his first WMU-CMU rivalry game. Once home, I added up our costs to attend the game:

Gas: $25
Tickets: $24
Moe's Southwestern Grill: $12
Total: $61
WMU win over CMU: Priceless!!!

Mid-American Conference games continue to be the best value in college football!