CSNbbs
Bahamas Bowl Invite - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CUSAbbs (/forum-514.html)
+---- Forum: CUSA Conference Talk (/forum-439.html)
+---- Thread: Bahamas Bowl Invite (/thread-714391.html)

Bahamas Bowl Invite - ThreeifbyLightning - 11-22-2014 11:37 PM

May be extended as early as tomorrow.

Unless the league forces them to hold off on announcing it.

RE: Bahamas Bowl Invite - goherd24herdfans - 11-22-2014 11:40 PM

God i hope so. I keep seeing predictions of us being in it and that would be an awful ending to this season. (No offense, at 6-6 or 7-5, etc, its a good bowl, but a slap in the face for a 13-0 team).

RE: Bahamas Bowl Invite - ThreeifbyLightning - 11-22-2014 11:52 PM

There is still some murmuring that the Boca Bowl is in play for us, but I mostly view that as nonsensical misdirection. It does lead me to believe though that the league may have a vested interest in not allowing announcements to be made this soon as means to a) appear to be fair to all parties and b) to keep the suspense going into the final weekend.

RE: Bahamas Bowl Invite - Ole Blue - 11-22-2014 11:53 PM

I'm sure McPhee has been in close contact with the Bahamas people. Now that we're six wins and a guaranteed second place finish in the division, it should be a pretty quick deal.

RE: Bahamas Bowl Invite - techdawg88 - 11-23-2014 01:08 AM

i read a news article stating that most bowl games are going to start holding off on announcing who they've chosen until the playoffs and other big time bowls are set

RE: Bahamas Bowl Invite - BeliefBlazer - 11-23-2014 01:11 AM

If MT loses next week and WKU wins (bear with me) then the Blue Raiders would be no higher than 6th in the C-USA bowl pecking order. I don't see a bowl invite being announced before then.

but I am wrong sometimes.

Re: RE: Bahamas Bowl Invite - ThreeifbyLightning - 11-23-2014 08:43 AM

(11-22-2014 11:53 PM)Ole Blue Wrote:  I'm sure McPhee has been in close contact with the Bahamas people. Now that we're six wins and a guaranteed second place finish in the division, it should be a pretty quick deal.

You mean his brother?

Posted from my mobile device using the CSNbbs App

RE: Bahamas Bowl Invite - MinerInWisconsin - 11-23-2014 10:13 AM

The conference should allow bowl selections asap for the sake of selling tickets and making travel plans. As long as spots are saved for any better than 6-6 teams.

RE: Bahamas Bowl Invite - goodknightfl - 11-23-2014 10:24 AM

(11-22-2014 11:40 PM)goherd24herdfans Wrote:  God i hope so. I keep seeing predictions of us being in it and that would be an awful ending to this season. (No offense, at 6-6 or 7-5, etc, its a good bowl, but a slap in the face for a 13-0 team).

Barring an Access bowl, Everyone in G5 gets a slap when it comes to bowl games.