CSNbbs
Congrats to the Flying Rodents and Moonshiners... - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+---- Thread: Congrats to the Flying Rodents and Moonshiners... (/thread-714333.html)

Pages: 1 2

Congrats to the Flying Rodents and Moonshiners... - TXSTCAT - 11-22-2014 08:10 PM

I supported adding you two and you guys lived up to expectations. Now just take the next step and get those OOC wins. I like the direction our conference is headed. My Cats had a lot of immaturity to contend with this year and didn't play up to their potential. The ArkSt game gives me hope that we may have turned a corner. But again lots of good going on at many of the Schools. USA and TXST can't let you two upstage us next year.

04-cheers

Congrats to the Flying Rodents and Moonshiners... - GaSouthern - 11-22-2014 08:12 PM

Tonight I was pulling for USA, App and Georgia State, I've never as a fan enjoyed rooting for everyone in our conference vs OOC teams.

RE: Congrats to the Flying Rodents and Moonshiners... - EigenEagle - 11-22-2014 08:23 PM

I'm excited for the future of this league. No one can deny that this can be a great G5 football league.

Now if we can just secure a good basketball school or two...

RE: Congrats to the Flying Rodents and Moonshiners... - chiefsfan - 11-22-2014 08:25 PM

(11-22-2014 08:23 PM)EigenEagle Wrote:  I'm excited for the future of this league. No one can deny that this can be a great G5 football league.

I Found One

RE: Congrats to the Flying Rodents and Moonshiners... - OsageJ - 11-22-2014 08:27 PM

(11-22-2014 08:25 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  
(11-22-2014 08:23 PM)EigenEagle Wrote:  I'm excited for the future of this league. No one can deny that this can be a great G5 football league.

I Found One

That's the one!

RE: Congrats to the Flying Rodents and Moonshiners... - Warsaw landing - 11-22-2014 08:40 PM

The sooner we add New Mexico State in all sports the better.

RE: Congrats to the Flying Rodents and Moonshiners... - TrueBlueDrew - 11-22-2014 08:43 PM

Thanks kitty cats. I will say that Texas State's football stadium is one of the most beautiful stadiums out there. Definitely the best in the sun belt. I dream of the day when Paulson Stadium can expand to match it. As for the conference, I'm so proud to be a part of a group of like-minded schools for once. It's so refreshing to play conference teams that actually give a damn about football. This season has been really special for us down here in Statesboro, and I look forward to many more amazing things to come for all of us. I hope we can pull our weight in Basketball, but we'll have to see. For now, you might just get good football and baseball from us, but we're trying! I think I speak for the Eagles and the dirty mountain people when I say that we are beyond thrilled to be here! See y'all on the courts. 04-cheers

RE: Congrats to the Flying Rodents and Moonshiners... - TheRevSWT - 11-22-2014 08:55 PM

I'm really happy with the addition of Georgia Southern.

App I was excited about... Until they did the unthinkable. Now I hate them.

RE: Congrats to the Flying Rodents and Moonshiners... - appsfan - 11-22-2014 09:31 PM

(11-22-2014 08:12 PM)GaSouthern Wrote:  Tonight I was pulling for USA, App and Georgia State, I've never as a fan enjoyed rooting for everyone in our conference vs OOC teams.

It is odd to be pulling for our fellow conference mates. It is more fun than what went on in the SmallCon... 04-cheers

RE: Congrats to the Flying Rodents and Moonshiners... - TXSTCAT - 11-22-2014 09:51 PM

(11-22-2014 08:40 PM)Warsaw landing Wrote:  

The sooner we add New Mexico State in all sports the better.

I agree NMSt for all sports and Missouri St would round out our conference nicely.

RE: Congrats to the Flying Rodents and Moonshiners... - rbostic218 - 11-22-2014 10:03 PM

Could we just take MoState for basketball, maybe I'm the only one that don't think their football is any good.

RE: Congrats to the Flying Rodents and Moonshiners... - chiefsfan - 11-22-2014 10:12 PM

(11-22-2014 10:03 PM)rbostic218 Wrote:  Could we just take MoState for basketball, maybe I'm the only one that don't think their football is any good.

If we do that, we might as well just take EKU who has better football, but not as great basketball.

Best option is to figure out how to get both and rid ourselves of a certain football school from the Pacific Northwest.

RE: Congrats to the Flying Rodents and Moonshiners... - TXSTCAT - 11-22-2014 10:19 PM

(11-22-2014 10:03 PM)rbostic218 Wrote:  Could we just take MoState for basketball, maybe I'm the only one that don't think their football is any good.

If we are picking them up for Basketball I don't care about their Football. That woul be like saying we shouldn't have picked up App St and GSU because they have bad basketball. NMSt and MSU would help raise the SunBelt name in Basketball.

RE: Congrats to the Flying Rodents and Moonshiners... - jim121256 - 11-23-2014 12:15 AM

(11-22-2014 10:19 PM)TXSTCAT Wrote:  

If we are picking them up for Basketball I don't care about their Football. That woul be like saying we shouldn't have picked up App St and GSU because they have bad basketball. NMSt and MSU would help raise the SunBelt name in Basketball.

Good point... and having to play them every year might make some of the other schools play up to that standard.

Congrats to the Flying Rodents and Moonshiners... - slycat - 11-23-2014 01:59 AM

Two great adds. Next years going to be a 5-6 team race for the title.

Re: RE: Congrats to the Flying Rodents and Moonshiners... - SBEagle - 11-23-2014 08:22 AM

(11-23-2014 01:59 AM)slycat Wrote:  Two great adds. Next years going to be a 5-6 team race for the title.

Yep, sure looks that way.

RE: Congrats to the Flying Rodents and Moonshiners... - fjblair - 11-23-2014 11:11 AM

Me too. It is great to be in a conference with like minded schools. The SB is only going to get better.

RE: Congrats to the Flying Rodents and Moonshiners... - fjblair - 11-23-2014 11:13 AM

(11-22-2014 10:19 PM)TXSTCAT Wrote:  

Yeah hopefully our BB program is on the mend with a new coach that people actually believe in.

RE: Congrats to the Flying Rodents and Moonshiners... - bobcat09 - 11-23-2014 08:35 PM

(11-22-2014 08:43 PM)TrueBlueDrew Wrote:  Thanks kitty cats. I will say that Texas State's football stadium is one of the most beautiful stadiums out there. Definitely the best in the sun belt. I dream of the day when Paulson Stadium can expand to match it. As for the conference, I'm so proud to be a part of a group of like-minded schools for once. It's so refreshing to play conference teams that actually give a damn about football. This season has been really special for us down here in Statesboro, and I look forward to many more amazing things to come for all of us. I hope we can pull our weight in Basketball, but we'll have to see. For now, you might just get good football and baseball from us, but we're trying! I think I speak for the Eagles and the dirty mountain people when I say that we are beyond thrilled to be here! See y'all on the courts. 04-cheers

I think somewhere in the master plan they are supposed to add seat all the way up to the field house and put in suites on the visitor's side. But Im sure that is years from now since we cant even sell out what we have.

RE: Congrats to the Flying Rodents and Moonshiners... - Cat79 - 11-24-2014 01:50 PM

(11-23-2014 08:35 PM)bobcat09 Wrote:  
(11-22-2014 08:43 PM)TrueBlueDrew Wrote:  Thanks kitty cats. I will say that Texas State's football stadium is one of the most beautiful stadiums out there. Definitely the best in the sun belt. I dream of the day when Paulson Stadium can expand to match it. As for the conference, I'm so proud to be a part of a group of like-minded schools for once. It's so refreshing to play conference teams that actually give a damn about football. This season has been really special for us down here in Statesboro, and I look forward to many more amazing things to come for all of us. I hope we can pull our weight in Basketball, but we'll have to see. For now, you might just get good football and baseball from us, but we're trying! I think I speak for the Eagles and the dirty mountain people when I say that we are beyond thrilled to be here! See y'all on the courts. 04-cheers

I think somewhere in the master plan they are supposed to add seat all the way up to the field house and put in suites on the visitor's side. But Im sure that is years from now since we cant even sell out what we have.

I believe this image has Bobcat Stadium at 45,000 capacity. The next addition has additional suites and an additional 5,000 seats taking the capacity to 35,000. There has been talk that Bobcat Stadium could become a bowl destination.