CSNbbs
Some random observations from Marshall UAB game. - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CUSAbbs (/forum-514.html)
+---- Forum: CUSA Conference Talk (/forum-439.html)
+---- Thread: Some random observations from Marshall UAB game. (/thread-714275.html)

Pages: 1 2

Some random observations from Marshall UAB game. - KTNHerd - 11-22-2014 04:36 PM

1. I think fans of both teams can agree these refs had their heads up their asses today.

2. I love Legion Field. I have been to a lot of UAB Marshall games there and I always take a walk around the stadium and check out the place. This is one of the most storied stadiums in all of football and even if it is 3/4 empty it is a great place to see a game.

3. UAB has made great strides. They just took it to Marshall today and absolutely gave their best shot. You've got players and you've got a coach, and it looks like some better fan support than in the past. Let's hope UAT doesn't kill it before it has a chance to really achieve something.

4. My only two complaints watching the game were the sound system (it is waaaaay too loud) and those ridiculous spots with students that are played on the video board during time out. The guy singing "My Girl" just about made a bunch of people leave, and that super loud sound system just made it worse. Just my opinion, other reasonable minds may disagree.

RE: Some random observations from Marshall UAB game. - BleedsGreen33 - 11-22-2014 05:06 PM

(11-22-2014 04:36 PM)KTNHerd Wrote:  1. I think fans of both teams can agree these refs had their heads up their asses today.

2. I love Legion Field. I have been to a lot of UAB Marshall games there and I always take a walk around the stadium and check out the place. This is one of the most storied stadiums in all of football and even if it is 3/4 empty it is a great place to see a game.

3. UAB has made great strides. They just took it to Marshall today and absolutely gave their best shot. You've got players and you've got a coach, and it looks like some better fan support than in the past. Let's hope UAT doesn't kill it before it has a chance to really achieve something.

4. My only two complaints watching the game were the sound system (it is waaaaay too loud) and those ridiculous spots with students that are played on the video board during time out. The guy singing "My Girl" just about made a bunch of people leave, and that super loud sound system just made it worse. Just my opinion, other reasonable minds may disagree.

No they didn't. Our OLine was legitimately getting those penalties and Vedvick kicked it out of bounds twice. Jasperse has an issue with tilting the all before he snaps it. Some of his friends and family told me that last week. The only people with their heads up their butts were our guys for playing so undisciplined. The only really head scratching deal was the us getting the second attempt on the 2-point. I didn't hear what they said but it took a while to come to their decision.

RE: Some random observations from Marshall UAB game. - BamaScorpio69 - 11-22-2014 05:50 PM

(11-22-2014 04:36 PM)KTNHerd Wrote:  1. I think fans of both teams can agree these refs had their heads up their asses today.

The singing bit is meant to be funny. How could it be taken any other way?

RE: Some random observations from Marshall UAB game. - KTNHerd - 11-22-2014 06:34 PM

(11-22-2014 05:50 PM)BamaScorpio69 Wrote:  

It was not funny. I did not hear anyone laughing but I did see a lot of folks cringing.

RE: Some random observations from Marshall UAB game. - AnimeBlazer - 11-22-2014 06:36 PM

(11-22-2014 06:34 PM)KTNHerd Wrote:  
(11-22-2014 05:50 PM)BamaScorpio69 Wrote:  

It was not funny. I did not hear anyone laughing but I did see a lot of folks cringing.

We use it like the military used pop tunes and a bull horn against Manuel Noriega in Panama! 03-lmfao

RE: Some random observations from Marshall UAB game. - T_Won1 - 11-22-2014 06:57 PM

UAB pooped their pants. Should've won. (imo)

RE: Some random observations from Marshall UAB game. - HerdAlum83 - 11-22-2014 07:05 PM

(11-22-2014 06:57 PM)T_Won1 Wrote:  UAB pooped their pants. Should've won. (imo)

Case could be made that Marshall crapped their pants as well.. I mean we out gained UAB by 200 yards but a ton of dumb penalties and two trips inside the 5 that resulted in 0 points made this one closer than it really was.

But credit UAB for some of that as well.

RE: Some random observations from Marshall UAB game. - Smaug - 11-22-2014 07:42 PM

(11-22-2014 07:05 PM)HerdAlum83 Wrote:  
(11-22-2014 06:57 PM)T_Won1 Wrote:  UAB pooped their pants. Should've won. (imo)

Case could be made that Marshall crapped their pants as well.. I mean we out gained UAB by 200 yards but a ton of dumb penalties and two trips inside the 5 that resulted in 0 points made this one closer than it really was.

And how many points did UAB leave on the field, plus the turnover in our own end zone?

You got taken to the wall today.

RE: Some random observations from Marshall UAB game. - FNblazer - 11-22-2014 08:36 PM

On the 2-point play, the ref said "just kidding guys--the first one didn't count" because they were reviewing the Marshall TD. They should've let it go. It's inexplicable that the refs would allow that and should be reviewed by the league office. Just think if Marshall would've converted the first time and had to do over!

RE: Some random observations from Marshall UAB game. - BamaScorpio69 - 11-22-2014 08:41 PM

(11-22-2014 07:42 PM)Smaug Wrote:  

And how many points did UAB leave on the field, plus the turnover in our own end zone?

Please don't get into the who left points on the field and so forth. Both teams poop their pants & both teams left points on the field. Marshall made one more play than UAB and won the game. Can we just leave it at that?

RE: Some random observations from Marshall UAB game. - EagleX - 11-22-2014 08:43 PM

you shoulda won. kudos, great respect, & etc.

see ya next saturday.

RE: Some random observations from Marshall UAB game. - HerdAlum83 - 11-22-2014 08:43 PM

I wasn't saying that we weren't taken to the wall.. I just hate when people look at a close game and say things like the team that won should have lost if a couple of things went different for the team that lost.. Yes that's true, but you can always flip that and say that if a couple things went different for the team that won it may have not been that close. It is always a two way street.. That's all I was saying.. You guys feel like you left 5 points on the field at least with the missed 2 point conversions and not kicking the FG on one drive.. And Marshall feels like we left 15 points off the board.. You fumbled in your own end zone and we fumbled out of it going for a score. Bottom line is both teams had missed opportunities and UAB could have easily won today, or they could have got beaten by 20 instead of 5.. But, they didn't they got beat by 5.. Why come on here and talk about could've, should've and would haves? Especially when they weren't a fan of either team.

UAB played their asses off and played as hard as you can possibly ask a team to play.

RE: Some random observations from Marshall UAB game. - BamaScorpio69 - 11-22-2014 08:44 PM

KTNHerd Wrote:It was not funny. I did not hear anyone laughing but I did see a lot of folks cringing.

Bad singing is suppose to make you cringe. And I am sure people were laughing but maybe just not around you. Glad you enjoyed your visit.

RE: Some random observations from Marshall UAB game. - Smaug - 11-22-2014 08:52 PM

(11-22-2014 08:43 PM)HerdAlum83 Wrote:  

I wasn't saying that we weren't taken to the wall.. I just hate when people look at a close game and say things like the team that won should have lost if a couple of things went different for the team that lost.. Yes that's true, but you can always flip that and say that if a couple things went different for the team that won it may have not been that close. It is always a two way street.. That's all I was saying.. You guys feel like you left 5 points on the field at least with the missed 2 point conversions and not kicking the FG on one drive.. And Marshall feels like we left 15 points off the board.. You fumbled in your own end zone and we fumbled out of it going for a score. Bottom line is both teams had missed opportunities and UAB could have easily won today, or they could have got beaten by 20 instead of 5.. But, they didn't they got beat by 5.. Why come on here and talk about could've, should've and would haves? Especially when they weren't a fan of either team.

UAB played their asses off and played as hard as you can possibly ask a team to play.

I was responding the bolded portion of your comment.

RE: Some random observations from Marshall UAB game. - HD76 - 11-22-2014 09:33 PM

(11-22-2014 08:36 PM)FNblazer Wrote:  On the 2-point play, the ref said "just kidding guys--the first one didn't count" because they were reviewing the Marshall TD. They should've let it go. It's inexplicable that the refs would allow that and should be reviewed by the league office. Just think if Marshall would've converted the first time and had to do over!

That was the craziest thing I've seen since they implemented reviews. I thought once another play was run, the review didn't count? How could they possibly justify giving us another chance? Totally bogus call imo.

RE: Some random observations from Marshall UAB game. - HERDDDDD - 11-22-2014 09:37 PM

quick question to anyone,if mMarshall doesnt get the ny6 bowl then which bowl would they choose presumably?

RE: Some random observations from Marshall UAB game. - UAreynolds2 - 11-22-2014 09:38 PM

C-USA refs at their finest.

RE: Some random observations from Marshall UAB game. - MU ATO - 11-22-2014 09:49 PM

Close only matters in horseshoes and hand grenades.

RE: Some random observations from Marshall UAB game. - Smaug - 11-22-2014 10:10 PM

(11-22-2014 09:49 PM)MU ATO Wrote:  

Close only matters in horseshoes and hand grenades.

Thank you for that astute observation. At least you didn't say it was closer than it really was.

RE: Some random observations from Marshall UAB game. - oldtiger - 11-22-2014 10:18 PM

(11-22-2014 04:36 PM)KTNHerd Wrote:  ...

I also liked going to Legion Field.

You can almost hear history talking to you when you walk in the place.

edit: I'd be remise if I didn't wish best of luck UAB and Blazer fans in your efforts to keep your program intact. I always loved the trip to Birmingham and the Blazer fans are a good group.