CSNbbs
Wolo said the dumbest thing this morning... - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: MemphisTigers.org (/forum-446.html)
+------ Forum: Dockery-Finch Memorial Tiger Sports Forum (/forum-499.html)
+------ Thread: Wolo said the dumbest thing this morning... (/thread-713661.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Wolo said the dumbest thing this morning... - mairving - 11-19-2014 11:12 AM

...he said "I am going to open up the phone lines".

Yikes, that was brutal.

RE: Wolo said the dumbest thing this morning... - Downtown Tiger - 11-19-2014 11:14 AM

At least he didn't take off like he did after the CBU game

RE: Wolo said the dumbest thing this morning... - Joe1 - 11-19-2014 11:20 AM

George just said in a yelling way.....for the fans to SHUT UP, stop calling for the coaches head. It isn't going to happen. So, since GL says it won't happen, i guess we have to settle for mediocre results at best. WOW

RE: Wolo said the dumbest thing this morning... - HoopDreams - 11-19-2014 11:21 AM

George and Josh got a kinship.

RE: Wolo said the dumbest thing this morning... - mairving - 11-19-2014 11:24 AM

(11-19-2014 11:20 AM)Joe1 Wrote:  George just said in a yelling way.....for the fans to SHUT UP, stop calling for the coaches head. It isn't going to happen. So, since GL says it won't happen, i guess we have to settle for mediocre results at best. WOW

George is somewhat right. You certainly can't blame fans for their reactions although some are way over the top. But it's doubtful that he would get fired with a big buyout on his contract at least this year. Parrish said on his show yesterday that Pastner wouldn't get fired but it would be awful for Pastner (and anyone else) to have to live through all the vitriol that he would get.

RE: Wolo said the dumbest thing this morning... - TigersRuleAll - 11-19-2014 11:27 AM

If this team ends the season below .500 I can promise you that all options are on the table.

RE: Wolo said the dumbest thing this morning... - Joe1 - 11-19-2014 11:27 AM

(11-19-2014 11:24 AM)mairving Wrote:  
(11-19-2014 11:20 AM)Joe1 Wrote:  George just said in a yelling way.....for the fans to SHUT UP, stop calling for the coaches head. It isn't going to happen. So, since GL says it won't happen, i guess we have to settle for mediocre results at best. WOW

George is somewhat right. You certainly can't blame fans for their reactions although some are way over the top. But it's doubtful that he would get fired with a big buyout on his contract at least this year. Parrish said on his show yesterday that Pastner wouldn't get fired but it would be awful for Pastner (and anyone else) to have to live through all the vitriol that he would get.

maybe that will be the way he leaves then.

RE: Wolo said the dumbest thing this morning... - bluebacker - 11-19-2014 11:27 AM

No, we're not changing coaches this year. Nor, should we.

Let the season play out (there's no other choice)

If JP can mesh and mold this group into a good team and make the NCAA tournament or even if they narrowly miss but are playing great ball at the end of the year and get to the NIT final four then he will have earned his spurs with most (not all) Tiger fans.

If the disaster continues and this team just sucks all year then yeah, pull the trigger and make the change.

RE: Wolo said the dumbest thing this morning... - gotigers1 - 11-19-2014 11:30 AM

Just this morning he said something dumb?

RE: Wolo said the dumbest thing this morning... - mairving - 11-19-2014 11:32 AM

(11-19-2014 11:27 AM)Joe1 Wrote:  

Maybe but Josh Pastner may be a lot of things but he's not a quitter. Going to be hard on his family as well if the season continues in a downward spiral. Just need to let the season play out a little more. Coaching has to be the worst job in the world to have nowadays but the pay is good.

RE: Wolo said the dumbest thing this morning... - HoopDreams - 11-19-2014 11:33 AM

He's probably going to have to play some zone with this group.

RE: Wolo said the dumbest thing this morning... - Joe1 - 11-19-2014 11:34 AM

I don't feel sorry for any coach, due to the big $$$ they get. Even when they get fired they are still set for life.

RE: Wolo said the dumbest thing this morning... - Mick Light - 11-19-2014 11:36 AM

(11-19-2014 11:21 AM)HoopDreams Wrote:  George and Josh got a kinship.

Josh probably let's George into practice where Cal did not.

RE: Wolo said the dumbest thing this morning... - Downtown Tiger - 11-19-2014 11:37 AM

(11-19-2014 11:27 AM)TigersRuleAll Wrote:  If this team ends the season below .500 I can promise you that all options are on the table.

RE: Wolo said the dumbest thing this morning... - TiminMem23 - 11-19-2014 11:40 AM

(11-19-2014 11:32 AM)mairving Wrote:  

Maybe but Josh Pastner may be a lot of things but he's not a quitter. Going to be hard on his family as well if the season continues in a downward spiral. Just need to let the season play out a little more. Coaching has to be the worst job in the world to have nowadays but the pay is good.

I realize I've never been in a position like Pastner, with so much attention on it. However, I don't get what people mean when they say it's going to be so hard on him. What is hard? The things people say on sports radio shows, message boards, and a few articles in the paper? He can ignore that. Sure, he'll know that people are unhappy, but he doesn't have to listen to anyone outside the program.

It's not like people are going to set booby traps for him and his family on their way to work or school. No one is going to boo his wife at the grocery store (if they do, that's sad).

So what's the big deal? He's already made millions. He'll get another job, even if just as an assistant, making hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Why is it "so hard" for him? You want to know who has it rough? Drive to South Memphis and look around. That's hard.

RE: Wolo said the dumbest thing this morning... - bluebacker - 11-19-2014 11:42 AM

(11-19-2014 11:40 AM)TiminMem23 Wrote:  
(11-19-2014 11:32 AM)mairving Wrote:  

I realize I've never been in a position like Pastner, with so much attention on it. However, I don't get what people mean when they say it's going to be so hard on him. What is hard? The things people say on sports radio shows, message boards, and a few articles in the paper? He can ignore that. Sure, he'll know that people are unhappy, but he doesn't have to listen to anyone outside the program.

It's not like people are going to set booby traps for him and his family on their way to work or school. No one is going to boo his wife at the grocery store (if they do, that's sad).

So what's the big deal? He's already made millions. He'll get another job, even if just as an assistant, making hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Why is it "so hard" for him? You want to know who has it rough? Drive to South Memphis and look around. That's hard.

^ THIS RIGHT HERE.

RE: Wolo said the dumbest thing this morning... - ncrdbl1 - 11-19-2014 11:43 AM

I did a very dumb thing today. I opened this asinine thread.

RE: Wolo said the dumbest thing this morning... - poppaslaw - 11-19-2014 11:48 AM

(11-19-2014 11:12 AM)mairving Wrote:  ...he said "I am going to open up the phone lines".

Yikes, that was brutal.

[Image: DealwithIT_Pastner_zps59929fa2.gif]

RE: Wolo said the dumbest thing this morning... - UofMstateU - 11-19-2014 12:07 PM

(11-19-2014 11:27 AM)TigersRuleAll Wrote:  If this team ends the season below .500 I can promise you that all options are on the table.

I can promise that as well.

However, some on here act that we have been a .500 team the past few years. There is an enormous divide between where we are and sub .500. Enormous.

RE: Wolo said the dumbest thing this morning... - Mick Light - 11-19-2014 12:09 PM

(11-19-2014 11:43 AM)ncrdbl1 Wrote:  I did a very dumb thing today.

Just today?