CSNbbs
We still have a chance at Creighton - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Western Michigan (/forum-469.html)
+------ Forum: The Dan Burgardt Memorial Bronco Football Forum (/forum-489.html)
+------ Thread: We still have a chance at Creighton (/thread-712877.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

We still have a chance at Creighton - Chipdip2 - 11-15-2014 03:57 PM

Fleck will probably get hired away about the time that Creighton gets fired

RE: We still have a chance at Creighton - MileHighBronco - 11-15-2014 04:14 PM

Maybe the two just switch places. If PJ could revive that program, he'd be national coach of the year.

Dang, there goes the shutout. 03-drunk

RE: We still have a chance at Creighton - MajorHoople - 11-15-2014 04:22 PM

This season is not over, nor is Fleck's tenure here -

but, after last year, he's making Kathy and-or Dunn look like a genius.

Credit where credit is due.

RE: We still have a chance at Creighton - toddjnsn - 11-15-2014 04:29 PM

Quote:This season is not over, nor is Fleck's tenure here -

I completely agree. I never thought PJ would sink the ship entirely, even during mid-season last year. His motivation & drive & exuberance, which gets traditionalists pissy is going make your team at least .500 when things settle in.

So it was too early to tell -- but given his 1st season I figured it would be a much slower building process to get to respectable. He's crossed the respectable line into MAC Power this year. Nice.

NEXT year is going to be his real test as a HC. Extremely tough schedule (@GA-Southern a top-G5 program; @Ohio State; MSU; @NIU; @Toledo). To keep us at .500 or better next year will be key.

RE: We still have a chance at Creighton - MajorHoople - 11-15-2014 04:33 PM

(11-15-2014 04:29 PM)toddjnsn Wrote:  I completely agree. I never thought PJ would sink the ship entirely, even during mid-season last year. His motivation & drive & exuberance, which gets traditionalists pissy is going make your team at least .500 when things settle in.

So it was too early to tell -- but given his 1st season I figured it would be a much slower building process to get to respectable. He's crossed the respectable line into MAC Power this year. Nice.

NEXT year is going to be his real test as a HC. Extremely tough schedule (@GA-Southern a top-G5 program; @Ohio State; MSU; @NIU; @Toledo). To keep us at .500 or better next year will be key.

Yes.

As we often were during Cubit's tenure, we're seriously over-scheduled next year.

RE: We still have a chance at Creighton - MileHighBronco - 11-15-2014 04:49 PM

(11-15-2014 04:22 PM)MajorHoople Wrote:  This season is not over, nor is Fleck's tenure here -

Credit where credit is due.

Gotta agree with this. Hard to argue it at this point without looking like an idiot.

RE: We still have a chance at Creighton - Hoekjeness - 11-15-2014 05:12 PM

I felt the most sorry for the poor scrub who had to hold that giant pipe wrench the whole game... either him or the guy wearing the white hard hat. 03-weeping

RE: We still have a chance at Creighton - MajorHoople - 11-16-2014 09:19 AM

Creighton and Martin have won twice as many games in their first years taking over worse programs record-wise than Fleck did in his.

We still have a chance at Creighton - EA3 - 11-16-2014 09:21 AM

You want to wager on either of them getting to 7 wins next year? 6?

I don't see it happening for either.

RE: We still have a chance at Creighton - DesertBronco - 11-16-2014 09:27 AM

First off, it's feasable one of them could, but saying it wouldn't and acting like you're already correct is very familiar.

RE: We still have a chance at Creighton - MajorHoople - 11-16-2014 09:35 AM

(11-16-2014 09:21 AM)EA3 Wrote:  You want to wager on either of them getting to 7 wins next year? 6?

You maybe right, but -

None of the Fleck fans here thought HE would do a Darnell/Cubit-type turnaround this year, either. Even most optimistic predictions were for around four wins.

RE: We still have a chance at Creighton - Bronco'14 - 11-16-2014 09:37 AM

I could see Miami getting 6 next season.

FCS
Bottom of the West
Few East teams
Maybe a West upset

We still have a chance at Creighton - EA3 - 11-16-2014 09:43 AM

They also lose their QB transfer from Notre Dame. I wouldn't bet on it. It's unlikely IMO.

RE: We still have a chance at Creighton - DesertBronco - 11-16-2014 09:46 AM

(11-16-2014 09:43 AM)EA3 Wrote:  They also lose their QB transfer from Notre Dame. I wouldn't bet on it. It's unlikely IMO.

I can't confirm nor deny where I heard this, or have any firsthand knowledge of the people who wrote the past record books, but winning six or seven in your first or second season isn't unheard of in the MAC. We've had a number of coaches who have done that here.

But let's not act like it's a foregone conclusion, I think that's bad form and reflects negatively on our fan base, makes us almost "chimp like".

We still have a chance at Creighton - EA3 - 11-16-2014 09:48 AM

I didn't. I said I wouldn't bet on it.

Is that ok with you? You would bet on it? Congrats we have different opinions about other HCs in the MAC.

RE: We still have a chance at Creighton - DesertBronco - 11-16-2014 09:49 AM

(11-16-2014 09:48 AM)EA3 Wrote:  I didn't. I said I wouldn't bet on it.

Is that ok with you? You would bet on it? Congrats we have different opinions about other HCs in the MAC.

Funny, I don't remember having this discussion with you EA3. 03-shhhh

RE: We still have a chance at Creighton - DesertBronco - 11-16-2014 09:52 AM

(11-16-2014 09:35 AM)MajorHoople Wrote:  
(11-16-2014 09:21 AM)EA3 Wrote:  You want to wager on either of them getting to 7 wins next year? 6?

You maybe right, but -

None of the Fleck fans here thought HE would do a Darnell/Cubit-type turnaround this year, either. Even most optimistic predictions were for around four wins.

No they didn't, they were hedging against the four gimmies and the chance at stealing two this season. Weren't at all hopeful.

I expect both EMU and Miami to be much better next year, and in the years to come. Miami gets "that schedule" next year, it could show in "W's" there first but both will make strides.

Martin has had success and seen it first hand. He even saw it across the field playing WMU. Maybe he'll go get a stud RB, an awesome WR ah la Rutgers style, and light the world on fire. It's a proven formula to pull a team out of the basement, regardless of how you got there.

RE: We still have a chance at Creighton - Hoekjeness - 11-16-2014 09:57 AM

Hijacking threads again already... DB at his finest... do we have a mod here to kick this clown out? This is seriously so annoying.

RE: We still have a chance at Creighton - DesertBronco - 11-16-2014 10:00 AM

(11-16-2014 09:57 AM)Hoekjeness Wrote:  Hijacking threads again already... DB at his finest... do we have a mod here to kick this clown out? This is seriously so annoying.

I see, a good discussion about football and you claim a hijack? Could it be that you hate to see sock puppets of yours get debated? 03-shhhh

I'm sure you'll report me to Moe and have me on lockdown soon enough. Good thing we have alternatives these days. 03-zzz

RE: We still have a chance at Creighton - BCBronco - 11-16-2014 10:06 AM

(11-16-2014 09:52 AM)DesertBronco Wrote:  
(11-16-2014 09:35 AM)MajorHoople Wrote:  

You maybe right, but -

No they didn't, they were hedging against the four gimmies and the chance at stealing two this season. Weren't at all hopeful.

I expect both EMU and Miami to be much better next year, and in the years to come. Miami gets "that schedule" next year, it could show in "W's" there first but both will make strides.

Martin has had success and seen it first hand. He even saw it across the field playing WMU. Maybe he'll go get a stud RB, an awesome WR ah la Rutgers style, and light the world on fire. It's a proven formula to pull a team out of the basement, regardless of how you got there.

Miami, likely. EMU, not likely.