CSNbbs
Kiss of Death - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Western Michigan (/forum-469.html)
+------ Forum: The Dan Burgardt Memorial Bronco Football Forum (/forum-489.html)
+------ Thread: Kiss of Death (/thread-712155.html)

Kiss of Death - Hoekjeness - 11-11-2014 06:32 PM

Well if this isn't the ultimate kiss of death, then I don't know what is...

WMU football kicker Andrew Haldeman on a roll after missed PAT in Toledo loss left him 'devastated'
http://www.mlive.com/broncos/index.ssf/2014/11/wmu_football_kicker_andrew_hal_5.html#incart_river

Quote:Haldeman has made his last 11 point-after kicks. He is 19-20 on PAT tries since the Toledo game and is 4-for-4 on field goal attempts since Oct. 4.

Quote:Haldeman has good mojo on his side heading into the Broncos' game against Eastern Michigan Saturday as he was a bright spot in WMU's 35-32 overtime loss to the Eagles last year. He was 6-for-6 on field goals, with a long of 48 yards, and 2-for-2 on PATs in the loss.

This is like when The Colonel said Franklin hadn't fumbled in a while... and then he fumbled the next game.

Please don't jinx it DD!! 03-weeping

RE: Kiss of Death - Kimbosucks - 11-11-2014 06:38 PM

I think a team that's divided that all of a sudden when he misses that they all want his head," the second-year coach said. "This team supported him. We have each other's back. We all could have played better that game and coached better. We could have done a lot of things better. It just happened to be that play that people looked at. There were 50 plays in that game that could have made a huge difference. Some of the playcalling and decisions that I made, I look back on that and learn from that."

I see this as growth. I don't think PJ says this last year. I like that he and the team are standing behind kickers (players hate kickers) and he points out that it is rarely the last play in football that truly causes you to win or lose and that it falls on players and coaches. Good stuff.

RE: Kiss of Death - Dci007 - 11-11-2014 08:04 PM

(11-11-2014 06:38 PM)Kimbosucks Wrote:  I think a team that's divided that all of a sudden when he misses that they all want his head," the second-year coach said. "This team supported him. We have each other's back. We all could have played better that game and coached better. We could have done a lot of things better. It just happened to be that play that people looked at. There were 50 plays in that game that could have made a huge difference. Some of the playcalling and decisions that I made, I look back on that and learn from that."

I see this as growth. I don't think PJ says this last year. I like that he and the team are standing behind kickers (players hate kickers) and he points out that it is rarely the last play in football that truly causes you to win or lose and that it falls on players and coaches. Good stuff.

Ditto

RE: Kiss of Death - John52168 - 11-11-2014 09:33 PM

(11-11-2014 06:38 PM)Kimbosucks Wrote:  I think a team that's divided that all of a sudden when he misses that they all want his head," the second-year coach said. "This team supported him. We have each other's back. We all could have played better that game and coached better. We could have done a lot of things better. It just happened to be that play that people looked at. There were 50 plays in that game that could have made a huge difference. Some of the playcalling and decisions that I made, I look back on that and learn from that."

Well said.

RE: Kiss of Death - stdatwmu - 11-11-2014 11:11 PM

Listen to the coach, folks. 04-rock

RE: Kiss of Death - The Colonel - 11-12-2014 12:03 AM

(11-11-2014 06:32 PM)Hoekjeness Wrote:  This is like when The Colonel said Franklin hadn't fumbled in a while... and then he fumbled the next game. Please don't jinx it DD!! 03-weeping

The gift that keeps on giving... 03-banghead

Considering he missed a PAT at BG and isn't batting 1.000 since Toledo, we're probably good. Worst case scenario: better to be jinxed for EMU instead of our last two games...

Kiss of Death - Hoekjeness - 11-15-2014 02:42 PM

BUMP!!

RE: Kiss of Death - Ubish - 11-15-2014 02:44 PM

well at least it happened in this game and not CMU or NIU

RE: Kiss of Death - toddjnsn - 11-15-2014 03:43 PM

Well, hopefully next weekend in the cold he doesn't bonk an XP. He's proven that the one today is NOT the last one he'll miss. He'll miss 2-3 more, IMO.

We need every point we can get against @CMU -- and NIU.

RE: Kiss of Death - MileHighBronco - 11-15-2014 05:04 PM

(11-15-2014 03:43 PM)toddjnsn Wrote:  Well, hopefully next weekend in the cold he doesn't bonk an XP. He's proven that the one today is NOT the last one he'll miss. He'll miss 2-3 more, IMO.

We need every point we can get against @CMU -- and NIU.

Why so negative? He missed. It happens. Haldeman will get it worked out this week.

We won. Be happy. It's a new era and you're cheering for the boat rowers from the shore. Get on board, dude. Not everything will be perfect but a 44 point butt whuppin' of one of our supposed rivals ought to make your day. Lose the 'old' Bronco fan attitude and get with the program! We covered the spread rather handily, which ought to make the gambler in you smile.

"There you go with those negative vibes again..." - Oddball, Kelly's Heroes

RE: Kiss of Death - Hoekjeness - 11-15-2014 05:17 PM

Kickers shouldn't miss 3 extra points. Haldeman has got to get better. Glad Fleck is patient with him, because I've lost mine.

RE: Kiss of Death - The Colonel - 11-15-2014 05:21 PM

(11-15-2014 05:17 PM)Hoekjeness Wrote:  Kickers shouldn't miss 3 extra points. Haldeman has got to get better. Glad Fleck is patient with him, because I've lost mine.

Not to bag on him, but I think he's missed four this year: at Purdue, Toledo, at BG, and today. Nice to see him hit that FG in the second half. We're going to need him in a big spot at some point down the stretch.