CSNbbs
"You want the truth" - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: UAB (/forum-448.html)
+------ Forum: UAB Blazers (/forum-384.html)
+------- Forum: The Gene Bartow Memorial Forum (/forum-388.html)
+------- Thread: "You want the truth" (/thread-711576.html)

"You want the truth" - Taylor Blazer - 11-07-2014 11:47 PM

If it were me, I would make a public information requests for the following:

1. The RFP (request for proposals) on conducting the evaluation of the athletic department. Since it was a professional service contract, it may not have been conducted.

2. A copy of the contract between UAB and Carr and Associates. This contract will have outlined the scope of services, and may have specific responsibilities outlined. We also need any amendments since the time of execution.

3. I would requests emails, letters, texts, phone calls and all other communications between Dr. Watts, Mr. Mackin and all BOT members over the past 36 months. In particular, all communications dealing with or subject to the discussion of UAB Athletics.

4. I would notify Dr. Watts that alumni believe that SACs investigation may be warranted to see if the BOT has intefered with the day-to-day operations of UAB.

We better begin to fight now - They are moving for the kill shot and the AD's latest statement was all but an obituary for UAB Football, in my opinion.

RE: "You want the truth" - oldragon - 11-07-2014 11:59 PM

Wow,this is spot on. The weak statement by the AD said it all. This would be good next step

RE: "You want the truth" - Grammar-Nazi - 11-08-2014 12:04 AM

Every email sent over the University email accounts is a public record. Every. Single. One.

RE: "You want the truth" - the Dragon - 11-08-2014 12:06 AM

How long would they have to turn them over. I've never made such a request, but would be glad to do it. Who do we approach?

RE: "You want the truth" - Blazer Engineer - 11-08-2014 08:51 AM

Alabama open records

Here is a discussion of our open records act

RE: "You want the truth" - B'ham Blazer - 11-08-2014 08:59 AM

When have they ever followed the laws though?

RE: "You want the truth" - GreenMississippi - 11-08-2014 10:27 AM

(11-08-2014 08:59 AM)Bham Blazer Wrote:  When have they ever followed the laws though?
Never, but this is still our best not-immediately-obvious step yet. We need to get a lawyer on this asap.

RE: "You want the truth" - Matrix - 11-08-2014 05:19 PM

saw him (Mackin) at the game, standing in the north end zone, kind of standoffish, during his one photo op...total silence and lukewarm applause after the presentation was done...love that sign posted on the fence near the student section..."Dr. Watts...thank you for giving us something to believe in..." Go Blazers! #Birmingham'sTeam