CSNbbs
Virginia Tech Game at Lane Stadium. - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Western Michigan (/forum-469.html)
+------ Forum: The Dan Burgardt Memorial Bronco Football Forum (/forum-489.html)
+------ Thread: Virginia Tech Game at Lane Stadium. (/thread-705561.html)

Virginia Tech Game at Lane Stadium. - ITalian83i - 09-28-2014 08:01 PM

I was at the game on Saturday and I have to give a few observations. The stadium was electric to begin and the people of Blacksburg were among the best I have met. Everyone was welcoming and eager to learn about our Broncos. I sat 3rd row in the corner where VT came out before the game on the home sideline. I felt like the only Bronco on that side of the stadium, but I really enjoyed the game.

Despite the awful start, our boys battled hard all game and I got several compliments about how hard we played. I am not willing to put Fleck in the hall of fame, but I thought we had great talent and energy even without 2 of our better receivers. The future looks bright of we continue to progress.

RE: Virginia Tech Game at Lane Stadium. - Dirty Ernie - 09-28-2014 08:30 PM

Always nice to hear first hand observations. Glad it was a good experience, and glad we made a good impression.

RE: Virginia Tech Game at Lane Stadium. - bsarz23 - 09-29-2014 02:21 PM

I was there as well up in the nosebleeds. The atmosphere overall was great. In comparison to a nonconference game like this in East Lansing or Ann Arbor, people seemed to be much more into the game. Everyone I met was very friendly and welcoming, a guy at the bar even bought us a pitcher of Two Hearted and thanked us for making the drive down.

I'm definitely glad I made the trip. Although it was exhausting (had tickets at Comerica yesterday so we had to leave around 3 am), definitely was worth it. We played hard and aside from a few plays really competed, which is all I could really hope for.

RE: Virginia Tech Game at Lane Stadium. - bostonbronco - 09-29-2014 04:16 PM

(09-29-2014 02:21 PM)bsarz23 Wrote:  I was there as well up in the nosebleeds. The atmosphere overall was great. In comparison to a nonconference game like this in East Lansing or Ann Arbor, people seemed to be much more into the game. Everyone I met was very friendly and welcoming, a guy at the bar even bought us a pitcher of Two Hearted and thanked us for making the drive down.

I'm definitely glad I made the trip. Although it was exhausting (had tickets at Comerica yesterday so we had to leave around 3 am), definitely was worth it. We played hard and aside from a few plays really competed, which is all I could really hope for.

Welcome to the board and thank you for your contributions.

People in the south tend to be very gracious and recognize the qualities of their competitors. We live in Nashville and really enjoy events here partly because the folks are into it and fun.

RE: Virginia Tech Game at Lane Stadium. - ChuckNorris - 09-29-2014 04:51 PM

My seats were on about the 40 yard line, about 20 rows up (on the VT sideline). Everyone around us were very kind, even gave high fives after WMU scored first touchdown. Gosh were they down on their quarterback though! The fans in the parking lot and on campus were all really nice actually, there were no hecklers at all. I've been to a lot of venues, and I have to say that VT fans are the nicest/classiest bunch around. The campus is absolutely beautiful too. If you ever have a chance to take in a game there, I highly suggest it.

We lost, but it was a great experience. The fact that we were within one score at halftime made it so much fun, considering the way the game started. I was proud of the effort the team and the coaching staff put out there on Saturday. I really think we are going to be a team to be reckoned with in the coming years.

RE: Virginia Tech Game at Lane Stadium. - ITalian83i - 09-29-2014 08:24 PM

(09-29-2014 04:51 PM)ChuckNorris Wrote:  My seats were on about the 40 yard line, about 20 rows up (on the VT sideline). Everyone around us were very kind, even gave high fives after WMU scored first touchdown. Gosh were they down on their quarterback though! The fans in the parking lot and on campus were all really nice actually, there were no hecklers at all. I've been to a lot of venues, and I have to say that VT fans are the nicest/classiest bunch around. The campus is absolutely beautiful too. If you ever have a chance to take in a game there, I highly suggest it.

We lost, but it was a great experience. The fact that we were within one score at halftime made it so much fun, considering the way the game started. I was proud of the effort the team and the coaching staff put out there on Saturday. I really think we are going to be a team to be reckoned with in the coming years.

I live in North Carolina and I agree with the southern hospitality portion. With the exception of the WMU vs Duke game here a few years back in basketball. They were not real nice to me. The worst fans I have encountered while following my Broncos have been West Virginia a few years back. They said awful unspeakable things to myself and others that were with us including my dear old mother unprovoked.

Sounds like everyone enjoyed the VT fans like I did. I have been to some great venues the last few years while following the Broncos and this ranks at the top. I can't wait for the future.