CSNbbs
North Texas Knocks Out Ash for BYU - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CUSAbbs (/forum-514.html)
+---- Forum: CUSA Conference Talk (/forum-439.html)
+---- Thread: North Texas Knocks Out Ash for BYU (/thread-701153.html)

North Texas Knocks Out Ash for BYU - Side Show Joe - 09-01-2014 05:33 PM

I hope Ash will be okay.

"AUSTIN, Texas — Texas quarterback David Ash, who missed most of last season with concussion symptoms, will not play this week against BYU after getting headaches and feeling dizzy in the hours following the Longhorns’ season-opening win over North Texas.

Ash took several hard hits to the head in the 38-7 win, but head coach Charlie Strong said Monday that Ash showed no symptoms during the game. Ash called staff to report his symptoms about 90 minutes after the game ended, and the medical staff brought him in for evaluation.

“It shows his toughness. I know how important this football team is to him,” Strong said."

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/college-sports/texas-longhorns/20140901-texas-won-t-have-qb-david-ash-for-byu-tyrone-swoopes-expected-to-start.ece

RE: North Texas Knocks Out Ash for BYU - NorthTexan95 - 09-01-2014 05:44 PM

I think this is the least surprising injury of the first week. Hopefully he'll be ok.

RE: North Texas Knocks Out Ash for BYU - Niner National - 09-01-2014 05:50 PM

sounds like the guy should probably quit football if this is a recurring problem.

RE: North Texas Knocks Out Ash for BYU - olliebaba - 09-01-2014 06:04 PM

I hope he gets well. He should quit if he keeps getting concussions.

RE: North Texas Knocks Out Ash for BYU - cokermania - 09-01-2014 06:21 PM

Oh brother. Bragging about knocking a player out with a concussion is pathetic, even more so when the hit was barely a love tap.

https://vine.co/v/OBP7l7dAEVK

UNT's defense did play relatively well against UT though

RE: North Texas Knocks Out Ash for BYU - Irish Rowdy - 09-01-2014 07:18 PM

(09-01-2014 06:21 PM)cokermania Wrote:  Oh brother. Bragging about knocking a player out with a concussion is pathetic, even more so when the hit was barely a love tap.

i don't think he was bragging.

RE: North Texas Knocks Out Ash for BYU - demiveeman - 09-01-2014 07:35 PM

(09-01-2014 07:18 PM)Irish Rowdy Wrote:  
(09-01-2014 06:21 PM)cokermania Wrote:  Oh brother. Bragging about knocking a player out with a concussion is pathetic, even more so when the hit was barely a love tap.

i don't think he was bragging.

No?

(09-01-2014 05:33 PM)Side Show Joe Wrote:  SMU better hide their QB.

RE: North Texas Knocks Out Ash for BYU - ExcitedOwl18 - 09-01-2014 08:09 PM

Yeah, this thread should be deleted... A guy getting a concussion shows that "the North Texas defense can still get after it"... If this is what you have to hang your hat on, your football team sucks.

North Texas Knocks Out Ash for BYU - Pony94 - 09-01-2014 08:11 PM

Side Show come on, you are way better than this

RE: North Texas Knocks Out Ash for BYU - Side Show Joe - 09-01-2014 08:51 PM

I apologize if it came off as bragging about hurting a player. That was not my intent. I was merely trying to point out that North Texas still has a solid defense. As for the SMU comment, I wasn't advocating targeting their QB. just making an indirect comment regarding their ability to protect their QB against Baylor. I never want a player to get hurt. I have removed my comments. Next time I will choose my words more closely.

RE: North Texas Knocks Out Ash for BYU - correcamino - 09-01-2014 08:57 PM

http://www.gomeangreen.com/forums/topic/98735-unt-broke-david-ash/

smh some dude just called their D 'hitmen'

It doesn't make any sense even without the insensitive comments. Ash has had concussion problems throughout his career. Handing him another one is hardly an accomplishment.

RE: North Texas Knocks Out Ash for BYU - Green Menace - 09-01-2014 09:32 PM

I attended the UNT-Texas game and I couldn't believe Strong left Ash in the game. Anyone could see UNT was not going to be a threat in beating the whorns, especially at the half. Ash should have been pulled after the first quarter. Stupid on Strong's part.

North Texas Knocks Out Ash for BYU - Pony94 - 09-01-2014 09:35 PM

(09-01-2014 08:51 PM)Side Show Joe Wrote:  I apologize if it came off as bragging about hurting a player. That was not my intent. I was merely trying to point out that North Texas still has a solid defense. As for the SMU comment, I wasn't advocating targeting their QB. just making an indirect comment regarding their ability to protect their QB against Baylor. I never want a player to get hurt. I have removed my comments. Next time I will choose my words more closely.

SSJ, no worries as we don't have a QB

RE: North Texas Knocks Out Ash for BYU - TodgeRodge - 09-01-2014 09:36 PM

Ash has not played in nearly a year and it is an entirely new offense for him to learn

Texas is not gearing up to go 7-5 and try and sneak into the CUSA CCG they are trying to win The Big 12 and their QB needed playing time

plus he thinks it happened early in the game not later in the game when some think he should have been pulled

it sucks for Ash, but really it is probably better for Texas overall as a program anyway because they probably were not going to win The Big 12 anyway and now they can find out what they have for next year and beyond

RE: North Texas Knocks Out Ash for BYU - BamaScorpio69 - 09-01-2014 10:47 PM

(09-01-2014 09:36 PM)TodgeRodge Wrote:  Ash has not played in nearly a year and it is an entirely new offense for him to learn

Texas is not gearing up to go 7-5 and try and sneak into the CUSA CCG they are trying to win The Big 12 and their QB needed playing time

plus he thinks it happened early in the game not later in the game when some think he should have been pulled

it sucks for Ash, but really it is probably better for Texas overall as a program anyway because they probably were not going to win The Big 12 anyway and now they can find out what they have for next year and beyond anyway

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcStnwLewjKCm-RE0wYewaF...pD5zIU2Lc8]