CSNbbs
Baseball Regional Projections (5/13) - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+---- Thread: Baseball Regional Projections (5/13) (/thread-689214.html)

Baseball Regional Projections (5/13) - GaSoEagle - 05-13-2014 09:21 PM

Several out today.

ESPN has Louisiana as a #5 national seed with Louisiana regional having LSU, Bryant and Stony Brook in it. This projection has Ark. St. as 1 of first 9 out.

College Baseball Daily has Louisiana as the #8 national seed with Louisiana regional having LSU, Kansas and Creighton in it. This projection has Ark. St. as 1 of first 4 out.

SB Nation has Louisiana as the #5 national seed with Louisiana hosting Texas A&M, Dallas Baptist and SE Missouri St. in it. This one does not list Ark. St. in its first 5 out. Interesting that this one has LSU also hosting a regional.

My general feeling over the years is that any team with an RPI over 50 is probably not getting an at-large and many years teams really need a low 40s RPI to get serious consideration for an at-large. I am hoping Ark. St. can get in but it does not look real good right now unless they win the tourney.

RE: Baseball Regional Projections (5/13) - chiefsfan - 05-13-2014 09:36 PM

(05-13-2014 09:21 PM)GaSoEagle Wrote:  Several out today.

ESPN has Louisiana as a #5 national seed with Louisiana regional having LSU, Bryant and Stony Brook in it. This projection has Ark. St. as 1 of first 9 out.

College Baseball Daily has Louisiana as the #8 national seed with Louisiana regional having LSU, Kansas and Creighton in it. This projection has Ark. St. as 1 of first 4 out.

SB Nation has Louisiana as the #5 national seed with Louisiana hosting Texas A&M, Dallas Baptist and SE Missouri St. in it. This one does not list Ark. St. in its first 5 out. Interesting that this one has LSU also hosting a regional.

My general feeling over the years is that any team with an RPI over 50 is probably not getting an at-large and many years teams really need a low 40s RPI to get serious consideration for an at-large. I am hoping Ark. St. can get in but it does not look real good right now unless they win the tourney.

We tried to start a bunch of guys with 8 and 9 plus ERA's who never pitch against the #11 team in the country tonight. At last check they had scored 15 runs.

RE: Baseball Regional Projections (5/13) - GaSoEagle - 05-13-2014 09:41 PM

We played out last regular season game tonight as we beat Jacksonville 10-9. Both teams pitched a number of guys who had very few innings and I think something like 30 total hits were made in the game.

We finished with a 34-20 record and will start the SoCon tourney next week as the #4 seed.

RE: Baseball Regional Projections (5/13) - chiefsfan - 05-13-2014 10:23 PM

Ole Miss wins in Jonesboro 16-9. ASU threw our right fielder in the 9th for a 1-2-3 inning to finish things up. Wind was blowing out, and neither pitching staff was very good.