CSNbbs
If South Alabama builds an on-campus football stadium, where should it be located? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+---- Thread: If South Alabama builds an on-campus football stadium, where should it be located? (/thread-687657.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

If South Alabama builds an on-campus football stadium, where should it be located? - FloridaJag - 04-28-2014 09:18 AM

If South Alabama builds an on-campus football stadium, where should it be located?

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/04/if_south_alabama_builds_an_on-_1.html#incart_river_default

It should be on the West end of campus in Hillsdale Heights. Right behind the Football Field House.

RE: If South Alabama builds an on-campus football stadium, where should it be located? - CatMom - 04-28-2014 09:19 AM

On campus????? 03-lmfao

RE: If South Alabama builds an on-campus football stadium, where should it be located? - trojanbrutha - 04-28-2014 09:25 AM

don't care 07-coffee3

RE: If South Alabama builds an on-campus football stadium, where should it be located? - JoeJag - 04-28-2014 10:54 AM

(04-28-2014 09:19 AM)CatMom Wrote:  On campus????? 03-lmfao

Things still boring in Corpus I see.

RE: If South Alabama builds an on-campus football stadium, where should it be located - TroyFootball05 - 04-28-2014 11:01 AM

Spanish Fort. Though, Fairhope is a good second option.

RE: If South Alabama builds an on-campus football stadium, where should it be located? - Trojans1andAll - 04-28-2014 05:37 PM

Let's just pummel them until they don't feel like playing football anymore.

RE: If South Alabama builds an on-campus football stadium, where should it be located? - ATX Bobcat - 04-28-2014 06:06 PM

I dont know. But i hope you guys get one.

RE: If South Alabama builds an on-campus football stadium, where should it be located? - FAUAEPi - 04-28-2014 06:51 PM

After looking at your campus on Google Maps, I'd say as close to the field house as possible. Is there anyway to connect the field house with the stadium, or is the area behind the field house designated for residential?

RE: If South Alabama builds an on-campus football stadium, where should it be located? - Louisianafanrcajun90 - 04-28-2014 07:00 PM

Is this really what your campus looks like? It looks really small and I'm sorry but ugly. I see plenty of green space where you could build a nice new on campus stadium. It could rejuvenate what looks from the air to be ugly campus. Good luck! I understand you guys have plenty of money but are unwilling to spend it.

We are lucky. Our stadium isn't very far from the main campus. The university is buying land and building towards it with some rail system in the works to bring students back and forth.

RE: If South Alabama builds an on-campus football stadium, where should it be located? - garmen - 04-28-2014 07:08 PM

East of campus in Florida. That way if the football players form a union they won't have to pay state income taxes. Just make sure the stadium has stadium dorms. :)

RE: If South Alabama builds an on-campus football stadium, where should it be located? - SlyFox - 04-28-2014 07:14 PM

Well played, garmen.

And ease up on the Corpus hate. There are much worse places to call home. In fact, Corpus & Mobile have a great deal in common.

RE: If South Alabama builds an on-campus football stadium, where should it be located? - garmen - 04-28-2014 07:21 PM

(04-28-2014 07:14 PM)SlyFox Wrote:  Well played, garmen.

And ease up on the Corpus hate. There are much worse places to call home. In fact, Corpus & Mobile have a great deal in common.

No Corpus much better being just south of some of the greatest areas in the US. Texas hill country a blast and the south Tx beaches are very respectable.. 04-cheers

If South Alabama builds an on-campus football stadium, where should it be located? - chargeradio - 04-28-2014 07:27 PM

I talked to my dad last night about this who retired from the University about a decade ago. As large as South's campus is, nearly a fourth of it has some wetland protection which would require federal environmental permits. Te best place would have been where the new intramural fields are, but there's not much parking around that site.

If the issues with the soil/groundwater can be worked out, it could be built behind where the practice field is now, but it may be challenging to keep the stadium from settling during construction. The only drawback is I'm not sure the University owns all of that tract, and there appears to be some type of road being built through there. I guess the road could be removed, since it never connected to Crossroad Drive or Old Shell Road in the two decades I lived in Mobile.

RE: If South Alabama builds an on-campus football stadium, where should it be located? - JoeJag - 04-28-2014 07:49 PM

(04-28-2014 07:00 PM)Louisianafanrcajun90 Wrote:  Is this really what your campus looks like? It looks really small and I'm sorry but ugly. I see plenty of green space where you could build a nice new on campus stadium. It could rejuvenate what looks from the air to be ugly campus. Good luck! I understand you guys have plenty of money but are unwilling to spend it.

We are lucky. Our stadium isn't very far from the main campus. The university is buying land and building towards it with some rail system in the works to bring students back and forth.

So, this means you'll be staying clear, right? That could be a good thing.

RE: If South Alabama builds an on-campus football stadium, where should it be located? - Louisianafanrcajun90 - 04-28-2014 08:34 PM

(04-28-2014 07:49 PM)JoeJag Wrote:  
(04-28-2014 07:00 PM)Louisianafanrcajun90 Wrote:  Is this really what your campus looks like? It looks really small and I'm sorry but ugly. I see plenty of green space where you could build a nice new on campus stadium. It could rejuvenate what looks from the air to be ugly campus. Good luck! I understand you guys have plenty of money but are unwilling to spend it.

Probably not. Mobile is about as far as Lafayette for me. If we stay in the Belt a few more years, I will be heading to Mobile for a game. Instead of some stupid comment, prove me wrong and post some pictures showing the beauty of the Campus. My daughter went to Spring Hill and I always wanted to take the exit and drive though to checkout your campus. I never had the time. I believe you guys have a hospital which is excellent for your school. Post some links or pictures of the campus.

RE: If South Alabama builds an on-campus football stadium, where should it be located? - The4thOption - 04-28-2014 10:57 PM

(04-28-2014 07:08 PM)garmen Wrote:  East of campus in Florida. That way if the football players form a union they won't have to pay state income taxes. Just make sure the stadium has stadium dorms. :)

That's good. Maybe GAST should try this! Once they by the Ted, they can convert a lot of it to Dorms and guarantee a bunch of student attendance. Imagine watching the game Live from your Dorm - maybe have a little balcony on the back of each like an apartment?

It's funny... but imagine how cool it would actually be 03-drunk04-cheers

RE: If South Alabama builds an on-campus football stadium, where should it be located? - Tom in Lazybrook - 04-28-2014 11:24 PM

(04-28-2014 08:34 PM)Louisianafanrcajun90 Wrote:  

Probably not. Mobile is about as far as Lafayette for me. If we stay in the Belt a few more years, I will be heading to Mobile for a game. Instead of some stupid comment, prove me wrong and post some pictures showing the beauty of the Campus. My daughter went to Spring Hill and I always wanted to take the exit and drive though to checkout your campus. I never had the time. I believe you guys have a hospital which is excellent for your school. Post some links or pictures of the campus.

What exit are you talking about. USA is two miles further down Old Shell Road from Spring Hill College. Same rolling hills as SHC. The only difference is that USA's golf course is on the Bay.

The school is much prettier than it once was. It always was in a really pretty environment (rolling hills). But much of the original campus was built on the cheap in the 1960s. They've been systematically replacing all those hideous buildings.

I think the stadium should be accross the stream from the Library and Medical School. Plenty of pretty property (unused) over there. But my statue isn't going up next to the stadium so to speak. The stadium will be on Old Shell Road next to Stanky Field and the Mitchell Center.

RE: If South Alabama builds an on-campus football stadium, where should it be located? - airtroop - 04-29-2014 03:12 AM

(04-28-2014 11:24 PM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  "... The stadium will be on Old Shell Road next to Stanky Field and the Mitchell Center. ..."

Yup. BANK on it.

RE: If South Alabama builds an on-campus football stadium, where should it be located? - Louisianafanrcajun90 - 04-29-2014 05:50 AM

(04-28-2014 11:24 PM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  
(04-28-2014 08:34 PM)Louisianafanrcajun90 Wrote:  

What exit are you talking about. USA is two miles further down Old Shell Road from Spring Hill College. Same rolling hills as SHC. The only difference is that USA's golf course is on the Bay.

The school is much prettier than it once was. It always was in a really pretty environment (rolling hills). But much of the original campus was built on the cheap in the 1960s. They've been systematically replacing all those hideous buildings.

I think the stadium should be accross the stream from the Library and Medical School. Plenty of pretty property (unused) over there. But my statue isn't going up next to the stadium so to speak. The stadium will be on Old Shell Road next to Stanky Field and the Mitchell Center.

I remember on the way to Spring Hill there was an exit sign for USA. Perhaps that was the long way? I don't recall ever going north of Spring Hill.

RE: If South Alabama builds an on-campus football stadium, where should it be located? - boroeagle2 - 04-29-2014 07:27 AM

Is one of your facilities really named Stanky? I know you can't help peoples last names, but dang that is a funny one.