CSNbbs
What happen with gotroytrojans.com? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+---- Thread: What happen with gotroytrojans.com? (/thread-686805.html)

Pages: 1 2

What happen with gotroytrojans.com? - TroJam - 04-19-2014 09:40 AM

Did someone forget to pay the light bill?

RE: What happen with gotroytrojans.com? - Buzz Lightyear Lite - 04-19-2014 09:59 AM

evidently, I hope we have some form of fan forum sometime but computer techy and money I am not.

RE: What happen with gotroytrojans.com? - TroyFootball05 - 04-19-2014 10:50 AM

(04-19-2014 09:59 AM)Buzz Lightyear Lite Wrote:  evidently, I hope we have some form of fan forum sometime but computer techy and money I am not.

Maybe I missed the sticky at the top of the site, but is the site gone for good?

RE: What happen with gotroytrojans.com? - Atlanta Trojan - 04-19-2014 11:23 AM

I know the owner was trying to sell it ( for a high price ) so he might not have been paying the light bill...

We do have 2 other options Trojan fans if we don't hear anything... I can get TroyBBS up and running on here.... Or we can use Troyfans.com which is already up and running with a few people posting.

Tell me what you would rather post on?

RE: What happen with gotroytrojans.com? - Trojan Possum - 04-19-2014 11:39 AM

Troyfans.com sounds like a good option for me...

RE: What happen with gotroytrojans.com? - Atlanta Trojan - 04-19-2014 11:41 AM

(04-19-2014 11:39 AM)Trojan Possum Wrote:  Troyfans.com sounds like a good option for me...

Ok... Anyone else?

http://troy.boards.net/board/2/trojan-football

Or

http://csnbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=294
I can get a Troy background for the BBS site if we can make it more active.

RE: What happen with gotroytrojans.com? - TroyFootball05 - 04-19-2014 12:38 PM

(04-19-2014 11:41 AM)Atlanta Trojan Wrote:  
(04-19-2014 11:39 AM)Trojan Possum Wrote:  Troyfans.com sounds like a good option for me...

Ok... Anyone else?

http://troy.boards.net/board/2/trojan-football

Or

http://csnbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=294
I can get a Troy background for the BBS site if we can make it more active.

I prefer airing our dirty laundry away from this site. So troyfans.com would be great for me.

RE: What happen with gotroytrojans.com? - bladhmadh - 04-20-2014 06:52 AM

its better for fan interaction to have it on this site.

RE: What happen with gotroytrojans.com? - ChooChoo - 04-20-2014 07:16 AM

Yeah, other fans will sift through and find your dirty laundry no matter the site.

RE: What happen with gotroytrojans.com? - TroyFootball05 - 04-20-2014 09:08 AM

(04-20-2014 07:16 AM)ChooChoo Wrote:  Yeah, other fans will sift through and find your dirty laundry no matter the site.

While I agree, it's not the dirty "info" that needs to stay over there. Every fanbase has its share of the "regular" fans. Ask Arkansas State fans about that. The "regular" fans that need to stay away from this site because they will do nothing but cause trouble. I'd rather keep those types of fans separate.

I'm referring to the "bama" fans of our fanbases. Everytime something goes even remotely wrong, it's personal attacks, fire the coaches, and otherwise extreme over dramatic reactions to the smallest things. You don't want that here. If these sites are registered within the same userbase, they will be tempted to post in both forums.

RE: What happen with gotroytrojans.com? - arkstfan - 04-20-2014 09:48 AM

Yeah we like to keep our craziness in house as much as possible.

RE: What happen with gotroytrojans.com? - Tuffguy21 - 04-20-2014 09:49 AM

(04-20-2014 09:08 AM)TroyFootball05 Wrote:  
(04-20-2014 07:16 AM)ChooChoo Wrote:  Yeah, other fans will sift through and find your dirty laundry no matter the site.

While I agree, it's not the dirty "info" that needs to stay over there. Every fanbase has its share of the "regular" fans. Ask Arkansas State fans about that. The "regular" fans that need to stay away from this site because they will do nothing but cause trouble. I'd rather keep those types of fans separate.

I'm referring to the "bama" fans of our fanbases. Everytime something goes even remotely wrong, it's personal attacks, fire the coaches, and otherwise extreme over dramatic reactions to the smallest things. You don't want that here. If these sites are registered within the same userbase, they will be tempted to post in both forums.

I'm not saying to use this websites forum, but with BTH, Atlanta, and CardinalBlackTrojan you'd have a basis for a good mod crew to oversee the thing where as any other site would be starting from scratch. Ultimately, I hope the GoTroyTrojans.com thing gets sorted out, it's hard to uproot an entire online fanbase like what just happened.

RE: What happen with gotroytrojans.com? - Atlanta Trojan - 04-20-2014 09:55 AM

I agree, Mr Ho posting on this site would be a mod nightmare!!!04-jawdrop

RE: What happen with gotroytrojans.com? - Atlanta Trojan - 04-20-2014 10:03 AM

(04-20-2014 09:49 AM)Tuffguy21 Wrote:  

I'm not saying to use this websites forum, but with BTH, Atlanta, and CardinalBlackTrojan you'd have a basis for a good mod crew to oversee the thing where as any other site would be starting from scratch. Ultimately, I hope the GoTroyTrojans.com thing gets sorted out, it's hard to uproot an entire online fanbase like what just happened.

It's not our fans I'm worried about... It everyone else. Some of Our fans like to throw stones at glass houses

RE: What happen with gotroytrojans.com? - Gemofthehills - 04-20-2014 10:09 AM

(04-20-2014 10:03 AM)Atlanta Trojan Wrote:  

It's not our fans I'm worried about... It everyone else. Some of Our fans like to throw stones at glass houses

Read your forum several times, your fans aren't too bad.

RE: What happen with gotroytrojans.com? - Atlanta Trojan - 04-20-2014 10:15 AM

(04-20-2014 10:09 AM)Gemofthehills Wrote:  

Well I'm gonna see what happens... If I get increased traffic on here I'm going to activate the Troy board and get us a nice background for Troy BBS.

Who knows GTT may come back online. But I've seen that site go down hill over time. It was really outdated and such.

RE: What happen with gotroytrojans.com? - TroyFootball05 - 04-20-2014 01:02 PM

We have a few bad eggs, but nothing compared to the UAB board. Their spring game got cancelled due to RAIN, and they went into DEF CON 5 blasting coaches and administration. A few even went as far as to say Bill Clark doesn't care about the fans. He hasn't even had time to wipe his nose and a few are already jumping on the guy. Those are the "bama-type" fans I referred to.

What happen with gotroytrojans.com? - Check Yosef - 04-20-2014 01:26 PM

(04-20-2014 01:02 PM)TroyFootball05 Wrote:  
(04-20-2014 09:08 AM)TroyFootball05 Wrote:  While I agree, it's not the dirty "info" that needs to stay over there. Every fanbase has its share of the "regular" fans. Ask Arkansas State fans about that. The "regular" fans that need to stay away from this site because they will do nothing but cause trouble. I'd rather keep those types of fans separate.

We have a few bad eggs, but nothing compared to the UAB board. Their spring game got cancelled due to RAIN, and they went into DEF CON 5 blasting coaches and administration. A few even went as far as to say Bill Clark doesn't care about the fans. He hasn't even had time to wipe his nose and a few are already jumping on the guy. Those are the "bama-type" fans I referred to.

It's always best to keep the bad eggs out I know I'm ashamed when we get a new App poster and he comes in saying we are going to go 12-0 like last summer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: What happen with gotroytrojans.com? - bladhmadh - 04-20-2014 02:20 PM

(04-20-2014 01:02 PM)TroyFootball05 Wrote:  
(04-20-2014 09:08 AM)TroyFootball05 Wrote:  While I agree, it's not the dirty "info" that needs to stay over there. Every fanbase has its share of the "regular" fans. Ask Arkansas State fans about that. The "regular" fans that need to stay away from this site because they will do nothing but cause trouble. I'd rather keep those types of fans separate.

Average 3.9 wins a season for ten years and some of your fans would be on edge as well

RE: What happen with gotroytrojans.com? - bladhmadh - 04-20-2014 02:24 PM

(04-20-2014 10:15 AM)Atlanta Trojan Wrote:  

Well I'm gonna see what happens... If I get increased traffic on here I'm going to activate the Troy board and get us a nice background for Troy BBS.

Who knows GTT may come back online. But I've seen that site go down hill over time. It was really outdated and such.

The way to get increased traffic is to encourage Troy fans to post on the troybbs forum. It is a lot more fun during the season when conference foes can easily engage in friendly game week smack.