CSNbbs
Breaking: MO State President-'no contact with sun belt' - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+---- Thread: Breaking: MO State President-'no contact with sun belt' (/thread-686350.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Breaking: MO State President-'no contact with sun belt' - MWC Tex - 04-15-2014 08:29 PM

(04-15-2014 06:14 PM)GaSoEagle Wrote:  So we are left to wonder at this point if JMU is just waiting until the CAA seasons are over to announce (late May) or if it will come down to inviting Liberty or staying at 11.

No need to wait till the seasons are over.

WKU announce the move on 4/1 last year and Ga Southern & App St. announced March 27 last year.

RE: Breaking: MO State President-'no contact with sun belt' - MissouriStateBears - 04-15-2014 08:38 PM

(04-15-2014 08:29 PM)MWC Tex Wrote:  
(04-15-2014 06:14 PM)GaSoEagle Wrote:  So we are left to wonder at this point if JMU is just waiting until the CAA seasons are over to announce (late May) or if it will come down to inviting Liberty or staying at 11.

WKU announce the move on 4/1 last year and Ga Southern & App St. announced March 27 last year.

JMU does if they want to be eligible in the CAA. CAA rules say if you leave you aren't eligible for championships in the CAA.

RE: Breaking: MO State President-'no contact with sun belt' - DoubleAggie - 04-15-2014 08:49 PM

(04-15-2014 07:25 PM)GoApps70 Wrote:  
(04-09-2014 07:53 PM)statefanatic Wrote:  Reports from the past hour say JMU and MSU have recieved official invites. Looking like Sun Belt will be taking two teams.

Maybe Benson invited the wrong Missouri State.
Maybe we invited Missouri instead.

Ya - or a mix up with the mail.

RE: Breaking: MO State President-'no contact with sun belt' - Kittonhead - 04-15-2014 09:11 PM

(04-15-2014 08:29 PM)MWC Tex Wrote:  

Good work in digging up those dates.

It says to me that Benson at this point almost certainly has put offers out there for this Spring. It was publicized the SBC voted to expand to 12. Given the MAC decision to cut UMass only happened 3 years ago I'm not certain the door has been closed on anyone but is a legit possibility.

Quite honestly, any of JMU, MSU, UMass ect would be fools to turn down an invite to the SBC. The future of Division 1 athletics is titling toward the P5 and then secondarily the G5. The toughest move isn't really moving from the G5 to the P5 as most think. Economics of power conferences I'm sure will switch things around in the future. The tough one is to get into FBS as you must have an invite from an existing FBS conference.

With the kind of money involved on the TV side of things plus deregulation of the championship game possibilities for power conferences are endless. Conferences may go bigger or they could go smaller too.

RE: Breaking: MO State President-'no contact with sun belt' - arkstfan - 04-15-2014 09:13 PM

Missouri State cannot have their pieces in place this year. Nothing has changed there. This time last year, Mo State hadn't talked to the Sun Belt, but had talked to Sun Belt schools.

RE: Breaking: MO State President-'no contact with sun belt' - chiefsfan - 04-15-2014 11:32 PM

Missouri State is still a year away. Nothing has changed here. Only way we move pre June 1st is for Liberty.

RE: Breaking: MO State President-'no contact with sun belt' - SoCalBobcat78 - 04-15-2014 11:36 PM

(04-15-2014 09:13 PM)arkstfan Wrote:  Missouri State cannot have their pieces in place this year. Nothing has changed there. This time last year, Mo State hadn't talked to the Sun Belt, but had talked to Sun Belt schools.

This is not happening next year or the year after. You have got to let it go. The money is not there to move up. Missouri State is late to the FBS party. The time to move up was back in 2010-2012 when conferences like the SBC and the WAC were looking for replacements. They missed the FBS boat.

RE: Breaking: MO State President-'no contact with sun belt' - chiefsfan - 04-16-2014 12:02 AM

(04-15-2014 11:36 PM)SoCalBobcat78 Wrote:  
(04-15-2014 09:13 PM)arkstfan Wrote:  Missouri State cannot have their pieces in place this year. Nothing has changed there. This time last year, Mo State hadn't talked to the Sun Belt, but had talked to Sun Belt schools.

This is not happening next year or the year after. You have got to let it go. The money is not there to move up. Missouri State is late to the FBS party. The time to move up was back in 2010-2012 when conferences like the SBC and the WAC were looking for replacements. They missed the FBS boat.

You do realize there is little chance ASU will ever let Missouri State go...right?

Hopefully we wont have to wait too long/

RE: Breaking: MO State President-'no contact with sun belt' - GoApps70 - 04-16-2014 05:34 AM

Is there some reason we hear that both MoSt and JMU cannot afford to move to the FBS
the same day?
[Image: tumblr_m8ga4tl9P31rdpa5go1_500_zps08bbd0b7.jpg~original]

RE: Breaking: MO State President-'no contact with sun belt' - panama - 04-16-2014 05:45 AM

Oooorrrrrr...

Posted from my BlackBerry Z10 using the CSNbbs app

RE: Breaking: MO State President-'no contact with sun belt' - knucklehead - 04-16-2014 07:43 AM

Not sure why so many here are clamoring for UMass but in the same breath say they want Idaho to leave. A UMass FB only rental makes very little sense for the SBC IMHO.

Breaking: MO State President-'no contact with sun belt' - GaSouthern - 04-16-2014 07:57 AM

I completely don't understand the UMass love, I'd rather have Lamar or EKU.

Nothing wrong with UMass as a school or team it's just the geography

RE: Breaking: MO State President-'no contact with sun belt' - trueeagle98 - 04-16-2014 08:16 AM

I think the UMass view is to invite them and instantly get to 12. Also. Keep them on a similar time frame to Idaho for removal as we wait for preferred schools to improve facilities and raise funds.

RE: Breaking: MO State President-'no contact with sun belt' - Lost In the STL - 04-16-2014 08:30 AM

I'm not happy with the way our president denied ever having contact with the Sun Belt. But in fairness, if he came out telling everyone there was a possibility of joining another conference then the Mizzou legislature would have a special session at the capital banning MSU from attempting to become FBS.

RE: Breaking: MO State President-'no contact with sun belt' - FloridaJag - 04-16-2014 08:42 AM

Could it be MSU has not talked to the SBC Commissioner but has been in contact with a number of schools that happen to be in the Sun Belt?

http://csnbbs.com/thread-679630.html

RE: Breaking: MO State President-'no contact with sun belt' - JoeJag - 04-16-2014 08:44 AM

(04-15-2014 05:23 PM)ark30inf Wrote:  We should take everyone off of our board.

Amen! Stay at 11 and go for the CCG.

RE: Breaking: MO State President-'no contact with sun belt' - Buzz Lightyear Lite - 04-16-2014 08:44 AM

(04-15-2014 06:51 PM)CajunFanatico Wrote:  
(04-15-2014 05:17 PM)MSUBear42 Wrote:  No contact. No campus visits.

Basketball is our #1 priority.

Take us off your board.

Posted from my mobile device using the CSNbbs App

Nothing would make me happier.

no President of a University would ever and I mean ever put the denial or disinterest in a conference invite in that manner,.......this may wind up being true that Mo State does not come on board but this is NOT FROM THEIR PRESIDENT.......

Take us off your board........is a saying by a frustrated Mo State fan at best......and while we are at it.....a president who disses any sport they have, even though true about basketball, would never ever ever phrase it that way......NICE try with this garbage

RE: Breaking: MO State President-'no contact with sun belt' - Liberty22 - 04-16-2014 08:52 AM

(04-16-2014 08:44 AM)Buzz Lightyear Lite Wrote:  
(04-15-2014 06:51 PM)CajunFanatico Wrote:  
(04-15-2014 05:17 PM)MSUBear42 Wrote:  No contact. No campus visits.

Basketball is our #1 priority.

Take us off your board.

Posted from my mobile device using the CSNbbs App

Nothing would make me happier.

no President of a University would ever and I mean ever put the denial or disinterest in a conference invite in that manner,.......this may wind up being true that Mo State does not come on board but this is NOT FROM THEIR PRESIDENT.......

Take us off your board........is a saying by a frustrated Mo State fan at best......and while we are at it.....a president who disses any sport they have, even though true about basketball, would never ever ever phrase it that way......NICE try with this garbage

My guess is that he accidentally included the "take us off your board" in quoting "basketball is our #1 priority". The take us off your board is him simply saying just that.

RE: Breaking: MO State President-'no contact with sun belt' - knucklehead - 04-16-2014 08:57 AM

and where is the promised audio?

RE: Breaking: MO State President-'no contact with sun belt' - hapapp - 04-16-2014 09:07 AM

I see no need to rush to get 12. If the CCG deregulation passes there is no hurry to get to 12 for the purpose of a CCG. In time, it may make sense to have 12 football playing members but the SBC should be choosy at this point.