CSNbbs
USF basketball will be recruiting NYC hard - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: AAC Conference Talk (/forum-409.html)
+---- Thread: USF basketball will be recruiting NYC hard (/thread-685857.html)

Pages: 1 2

USF basketball will be recruiting NYC hard - Cubanbull - 04-10-2014 08:08 PM

I hear that Rod Strickland and Oliver Antigua will be joining as assistant coaches.

RE: USF basketball will be recruiting NYC hard - Meatwad - 04-10-2014 10:12 PM

looking at nba rosters and where these players come from, is that a good thing? nyc basketball has fallen off big time.

RE: USF basketball will be recruiting NYC hard - JHG722 - 04-10-2014 11:05 PM

(04-10-2014 10:12 PM)Meatwad Wrote:  looking at nba rosters and where these players come from, is that a good thing? nyc basketball has fallen off big time.

Not to mention the competition for any of the good players in NYC is insane.

RE: USF basketball will be recruiting NYC hard - pesik - 04-10-2014 11:21 PM

(04-10-2014 08:08 PM)Cubanbull Wrote:  I hear that Rod Strickland and Oliver Antigua will be joining as assistant coaches.

neither with much experience, this is seeming more and more like a gamble (but i guess if your program was already worst in the league you can take a risk or 2)

and i don't get the emphasis on NYC, i thought the point of hiring him was for him to potentially replicate his recruiting at UK, and they recruited nationally not specifically any city. uk biggest gets last season were the twins (houston) and randle (dallas)

RE: USF basketball will be recruiting NYC hard - Ramen_Tiger - 04-10-2014 11:35 PM

(04-10-2014 11:21 PM)pesik Wrote:  
(04-10-2014 08:08 PM)Cubanbull Wrote:  I hear that Rod Strickland and Oliver Antigua will be joining as assistant coaches.

neither with much experience, this is seeming more and more like a gamble (but i guess if your program was already worst in the league you can take a risk or 2)

and i don't get the emphasis on NYC, i thought the point of hiring him was for him to potentially replicate his recruiting at UK, and they recruited nationally not specifically any city. uk biggest gets last season were the twins (houston) and randle (dallas)
It is easer when Cal and WWW are in your corner with a brown bag

RE: USF basketball will be recruiting NYC hard - Cubanbull - 04-11-2014 04:54 AM

Hmmm really. Look at Seton Halls recruiting this year is top 5 in nation with mostly NYC players many of them recruited by his brother including the 6'9 Dominican player that CoachAntigua coached in the National team

Time will tell but this are two good young recruiters

RE: USF basketball will be recruiting NYC hard - CardFan1 - 04-11-2014 05:06 AM

NYC is a Basketball Factory just like Texas and Florida are in Football.

RE: USF basketball will be recruiting NYC hard - b0ndsj0ns - 04-11-2014 07:24 AM

Well you guys have doubled up on "star recruiters" so hopefully they can go out and land 5 star talent.

RE: USF basketball will be recruiting NYC hard - PirateMarv - 04-11-2014 08:23 AM

(04-11-2014 05:06 AM)CardFan1 Wrote:  NYC is a Basketball Factory just like Texas and Florida are in Football.

NYC is the subsidiary of the parent company Chicago. I realize that Strickland is from NYC, but he is still pretty well known in Chicago from his playing days at DePaul.

RE: USF basketball will be recruiting NYC hard - SteveUCF19 - 04-11-2014 08:43 AM

(04-11-2014 08:23 AM)PirateMarv Wrote:  
(04-11-2014 05:06 AM)CardFan1 Wrote:  NYC is a Basketball Factory just like Texas and Florida are in Football.

NYC is the subsidiary of the parent company Chicago. I realize that Strickland is from NYC, but he is still pretty well known in Chicago from his playing days at DePaul.

He's also pretty well known at DUI checkpoints. 07-coffee3

RE: USF basketball will be recruiting NYC hard - PirateMarv - 04-11-2014 08:46 AM

(04-11-2014 08:43 AM)SteveUCF19 Wrote:  
(04-11-2014 08:23 AM)PirateMarv Wrote:  

He's also pretty well known at DUI checkpoints. 07-coffee3

True dat.03-drunk

RE: USF basketball will be recruiting NYC hard - HuskyU - 04-11-2014 08:48 AM

Anyone who says NYC and the surrounding areas are not excellent recruiting grounds is off their rocker. UCONN regularly recruits that area hard.

RE: USF basketball will be recruiting NYC hard - Meatwad - 04-11-2014 09:02 AM

well when i think of NYC, it's the 5 boroughs (with it's 8.5 mil population), not those pretenders out the way.

RE: USF basketball will be recruiting NYC hard - Cubanbull - 04-14-2014 06:52 PM

As expected USF announced today that Strickland and Antigua are new Assistant coaches

RE: USF basketball will be recruiting NYC hard - StillJonesing - 04-14-2014 08:50 PM

There is a huge difference in getting 5 star talent to Kentucky with Calipari theres and trying to get even 3 or 4 star talent to USF I suspect. Other than the dudes brother and his one year stint at Manhattan none of this crew has even set foot on a campus like or had to recruit to schools like USF, ECU etc. These places don't recruit themselves like Kentucky does.

Strickland sounds cool then you realize he's spent the last couple years booking hotels and crap as the director of operations and this will be his first assistant job actually recruiting. Unless he's a natural pitch man that has to come with a learning curve just like your head coach is getting his on the job. This whole staff is looking like a major gamble.

USF basketball will be recruiting NYC hard - Pony94 - 04-14-2014 08:52 PM

Larry wanted Strickland but the administration said no. So if Larry wanted him he is good in my books

RE: USF basketball will be recruiting NYC hard - Cubanbull - 04-14-2014 09:30 PM

(04-14-2014 08:50 PM)StillJonesing Wrote:  There is a huge difference in getting 5 star talent to Kentucky with Calipari theres and trying to get even 3 or 4 star talent to USF I suspect. Other than the dudes brother and his one year stint at Manhattan none of this crew has even set foot on a campus like or had to recruit to schools like USF, ECU etc. These places don't recruit themselves like Kentucky does.

Strickland sounds cool then you realize he's spent the last couple years booking hotels and crap as the director of operations and this will be his first assistant job actually recruiting. Unless he's a natural pitch man that has to come with a learning curve just like your head coach is getting his on the job. This whole staff is looking like a major gamble.

Not entirely true Rod was an assistant coach this year at UK and has been a big part for them recruiting wise. As for his brother well he was a big part of Manhattan's recruiting under Massieloe and leading Seton Hall to a top 10 recruiting class.
Time will tell but he has gotten two guys who are good recruiters

RE: USF basketball will be recruiting NYC hard - StillJonesing - 04-14-2014 09:47 PM

So two guys muster together 3 combined years of college coaching experience/recruiting at great jobs that basically recruit themselves and they are already deemed great recruiters? 07-coffee3 Good luck man, but I see a big difference in Seton Hall recruiting NYC and USF or guys recruiting for Kentucky and ending up trying to all of a sudden sell the virtues of USF instead.

RE: USF basketball will be recruiting NYC hard - Cubanbull - 04-14-2014 09:53 PM

(04-14-2014 09:47 PM)StillJonesing Wrote:  So two guys muster together 3 combined years of college coaching experience/recruiting at great jobs that basically recruit themselves and they are already deemed great recruiters? 07-coffee3 Good luck man, but I see a big difference in Seton Hall recruiting NYC and USF or guys recruiting for Kentucky and ending up trying to all of a sudden sell the virtues of USF instead.

Let's wait and see

USF basketball will be recruiting NYC hard - Pony94 - 04-14-2014 09:58 PM

Love ECU basketball smack