CSNbbs
Reports out of missouri saying JMU and MSU recieved invite - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+---- Thread: Reports out of missouri saying JMU and MSU recieved invite (/thread-685723.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

RE: Reports out of missouri saying JMU and MSU recieved invite - T-Dog - 04-09-2014 10:16 PM

So basically people are Tweeting stuff and hoping they're right to get mad followers?

RE: Reports out of missouri saying JMU and MSU recieved invite - jmu98 - 04-09-2014 10:17 PM

(04-09-2014 10:15 PM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  
(04-09-2014 08:17 PM)Tiguar Wrote:  
(04-09-2014 08:11 PM)chrisattsu Wrote:  
(04-09-2014 08:01 PM)CajunFanatico Wrote:  A question and a comment.

Would an official invite ever be issued if there was a chance it would be turned down?

If I were the Grand Mufti of the Belt, I'd have at least a verbal agreement in my back pocket before I'd ever issue an official invite.

But that's just me.

Yeah, but remember its King Karl we are talking about.

The same guy who created a plan to bring BYU back into the WAC fold and poach a couple of schools from the MWC only to have the MWC say, "How cute... we'll just take Nevada and Fresno and call it day."

I shouldn't complain, that's how we got our spot in the WAC, but he had egg on his face.
There really is no egg to be had here.

What's Liberty going to do, say no because we asked someone else to dance first? They will accept no matter what. This puts the ball in MSU and JMU's court. They accept now or deal with their own fallout.

And that fallout will be significant, especially if JMU gets stuck in the CAA.

At this point if JMU has an invite and stays in the CAA, we will break the internet :) or at least CSNbbs.

RE: Reports out of missouri saying JMU and MSU recieved invite - Kittonhead - 04-09-2014 10:18 PM

(04-09-2014 10:12 PM)MissouriStateBears Wrote:  Sun Belt is almost setting itself for a rivalry weekend if they wanted to:
Arkansas St/Missouri State
Texas St/Louisiana
South Alabama/ULM
Troy/Georgia Southern
Georgia St/App State
Eastern Kentucky/James Madison

Fixed it for you.

RE: Reports out of missouri saying JMU and MSU recieved invite - chiefsfan - 04-09-2014 10:19 PM

(04-09-2014 10:16 PM)T-Dog Wrote:  So basically people are Tweeting stuff and hoping they're right to get mad followers?

Isnt that the whole purpose of Twitter?

Come now...you don't think the "Liberty to the SBC leak" was a ploy out of the SBC to try and spark a reaction out of Harrisonburg?

RE: Reports out of missouri saying JMU and MSU recieved invite - Crump1 - 04-09-2014 10:20 PM

Stop with the EKU stuff.

RE: Reports out of missouri saying JMU and MSU recieved invite - Kittonhead - 04-09-2014 10:21 PM

(04-09-2014 10:19 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  
(04-09-2014 10:16 PM)T-Dog Wrote:  So basically people are Tweeting stuff and hoping they're right to get mad followers?

Come now...you don't think the "Liberty to the SBC leak" was a ploy out of the SBC to try and spark a reaction out of Harrisonburg?

No actually I do not.

07-coffee3

RE: Reports out of missouri saying JMU and MSU recieved invite - GaSoEagle - 04-09-2014 10:22 PM

This would work out nicely.

Sun Belt is almost setting itself for a rivalry weekend if they wanted to:
Texas St/New Mexico State
Louisiana/ULM
South Alabama/Troy
Georgia St/Georgia Southern
App State/James Madison

Add UALR and Texas-Arlington as non-football members and you have the new Sun Belt.

RE: Reports out of missouri saying JMU and MSU recieved invite - Kittonhead - 04-09-2014 10:23 PM

GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH!

Edited to remove language.

Reports out of missouri saying JMU and MSU recieved invite - galojah - 04-09-2014 10:23 PM

I am just glad Liberty is a school of faith. Hopefully that keeps some of the Liberty fans on here from jumping off a bridge when they don't get invited.

RE: Reports out of missouri saying JMU and MSU recieved invite - asupatch - 04-09-2014 10:23 PM

(04-09-2014 10:22 PM)GaSoEagle Wrote:  This would work out nicely.

Louisiana/ULM
South Alabama/Troy
App State/James Madison

Add UALR and Texas-Arlington as non-football members and you have the new Sun Belt.

He pulls this one off and he is far better at his job than I ever gave him credit for. Would be nothing short of a baby miracle.

RE: Reports out of missouri saying JMU and MSU recieved invite - cmaxwellgsu - 04-09-2014 10:24 PM

(04-09-2014 10:12 PM)MissouriStateBears Wrote:  Sun Belt is almost setting itself for a rivalry weekend if they wanted to:
Louisiana/ULM
South Alabama/Troy
App State/James Madison

We'd have a hard time not rivaling App that weekend.....05-mafia

RE: Reports out of missouri saying JMU and MSU recieved invite - MissouriStateBears - 04-09-2014 10:25 PM

(04-09-2014 10:23 PM)asupatch Wrote:  
(04-09-2014 10:22 PM)GaSoEagle Wrote:  This would work out nicely.

Louisiana/ULM
South Alabama/Troy
App State/James Madison

He pulls this one off and he is far better at his job than I ever gave him credit for. Would be nothing short of a baby miracle.

Sun Belt getting 3 FCS blue bood programs and one of the top all-sports schools in the FCS would be a major coup.

RE: Reports out of missouri saying JMU and MSU recieved invite - asupatch - 04-09-2014 10:27 PM

(04-09-2014 10:24 PM)cmaxwellgsu Wrote:  
Louisiana/ULM
South Alabama/Troy
App State/James Madison

As I agree the GS App Rivalry is very good and long running. Our rivalry with JMU has playoff history and great games as well. GS APP could be a secondary rivalry? At one point Mickey the Mouth was well disliked at App.

RE: Reports out of missouri saying JMU and MSU recieved invite - T-Dog - 04-09-2014 10:28 PM

We're technically not even in the conference yet so you would know better than me.

But I don't doubt it. In the end, JMU wants FBS. I doubt they'll want to go back to playing Stony Brook, Albany and Elon every year.

RE: Reports out of missouri saying JMU and MSU recieved invite - Klak - 04-09-2014 10:29 PM

(04-09-2014 10:27 PM)asupatch Wrote:  
Louisiana/ULM
South Alabama/Troy
App State/James Madison

As I agree the GS App Rivalry is very good and long running. Our rivalry with JMU has playoff history and great games as well. GS APP could be a secondary rivalry? At one point Mickey the Mouth was well disliked at App.

Georgia and Florida play in October. Georgia-Georgia Tech and Florida-Florida State play on rivalry weekend.

App-GS can definitely be a heated rivalry as a mid-season game.

RE: Reports out of missouri saying JMU and MSU recieved invite - AppfanInCAAland - 04-09-2014 10:30 PM

Louisiana/ULM
South Alabama/Troy
App State/James Madison

App State hates purple

RE: Reports out of missouri saying JMU and MSU recieved invite - chiefsfan - 04-09-2014 10:30 PM

(04-09-2014 10:28 PM)T-Dog Wrote:  

We're technically not even in the conference yet so you would know better than me.

But I don't doubt it. In the end, JMU wants FBS. I doubt they'll want to go back to playing Stony Brook, Albany and Elon every year.

You're in. You guys have full voting privileges. There is just the formality of changing the logos and everything on July 1.

I'm mildly surprised GS hasn't already changed logos yet on their football field. They removed that SOCon logo quick.

RE: Reports out of missouri saying JMU and MSU recieved invite - Klak - 04-09-2014 10:31 PM

(04-09-2014 10:30 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  
(04-09-2014 10:28 PM)T-Dog Wrote:  

You're in. You guys have full voting privileges. There is just the formality of changing the logos and everything on July 1.

I'm mildly surprised GS hasn't already changed logos yet on their football field. They removed that SOCon logo quick.

They were painting the Sun Belt logo on the field today for the spring game this weekend.

RE: Reports out of missouri saying JMU and MSU recieved invite - GaSoEagle - 04-09-2014 10:32 PM

We played last year with no conference logo on the field. We got the SoCon logo off almost as soon as we accepted the Sun Belt invite.

RE: Reports out of missouri saying JMU and MSU recieved invite - MissouriStateBears - 04-09-2014 10:33 PM

(04-09-2014 10:30 PM)AppfanInCAAland Wrote:  
Louisiana/ULM
South Alabama/Troy
App State/James Madison

App State hates purple

Maybe we might be rivals, we seem to hate schools that wear black and gold.