CSNbbs
Reports out of missouri saying JMU and MSU recieved invite - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+---- Thread: Reports out of missouri saying JMU and MSU recieved invite (/thread-685723.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Reports out of missouri saying JMU and MSU recieved invite - statefanatic - 04-09-2014 07:53 PM

Reports from the past hour say JMU and MSU have recieved official invites. Looking like Sun Belt will be taking two teams.

RE: Reports out of missouri saying JMU and MSU recieved invite - BeliefBlazer - 04-09-2014 07:56 PM

I heard the Missouri State rumor last night. Very interesting.

RE: Reports out of missouri saying JMU and MSU recieved invite - CajunFanatico - 04-09-2014 07:57 PM

Linky or it's a stinky.

RE: Reports out of missouri saying JMU and MSU recieved invite - Saint3333 - 04-09-2014 07:57 PM

JMU's BOT vote this Friday is huge for their future.

RE: Reports out of missouri saying JMU and MSU recieved invite - GSU Eagles - 04-09-2014 07:57 PM

Does it say anything about them accepting? Could be the SBC pushing the issue. Crap or get off the pot time.

RE: Reports out of missouri saying JMU and MSU recieved invite - Klak - 04-09-2014 07:58 PM

(04-09-2014 07:57 PM)CajunFanatico Wrote:  Linky or it's a stinky.

Bear Boulevard @BearBoulevard
Follow
Reports are saying that Missouri State and JMU have been invited to the Sun Belt Conference. Could FBS football be coming to #sgf soon?

RE: Reports out of missouri saying JMU and MSU recieved invite - statefanatic - 04-09-2014 07:59 PM

Search it on twitter. I'm on my phone and don't know how to link it.

RE: Reports out of missouri saying JMU and MSU recieved invite - CajunFanatico - 04-09-2014 08:01 PM

A question and a comment.

Would an official invite ever be issued if there was a chance it would be turned down?

If I were the Grand Mufti of the Belt, I'd have at least a verbal agreement in my back pocket before I'd ever issue an official invite.

But that's just me.

RE: Reports out of missouri saying JMU and MSU recieved invite - sidslidkid - 04-09-2014 08:03 PM

(04-09-2014 07:58 PM)Klak Wrote:  

Follow
Reports are saying that Missouri State and JMU have been invited to the Sun Belt Conference. Could FBS football be coming to #sgf soon?

Not sure why I let myself get excited by a "source" like this... This account only has 86 followers and yet I still fall hook line and sinker.

RE: Reports out of missouri saying JMU and MSU recieved invite - statefanatic - 04-09-2014 08:03 PM

Could be a final offer before they move on.

RE: Reports out of missouri saying JMU and MSU recieved invite - GSU Eagles - 04-09-2014 08:05 PM

I'm betting MSU and JMU turn down the invite then the SBC moves on to Liberty. Sounds like the SBC is ready to get to 12.

RE: Reports out of missouri saying JMU and MSU recieved invite - CajunFanatico - 04-09-2014 08:07 PM

(04-09-2014 08:03 PM)sidslidkid Wrote:  
(04-09-2014 07:58 PM)Klak Wrote:  

Follow

Not sure why I let myself get excited by a "source" like this... This account only has 86 followers and yet I still fall hook line and sinker.

I don't do tweeter. Just the sound of the word tweets pisses me off.

RE: Reports out of missouri saying JMU and MSU recieved invite - asupatch - 04-09-2014 08:08 PM

(04-09-2014 07:53 PM)statefanatic Wrote:  Reports from the past hour say JMU and MSU have recieved official invites. Looking like Sun Belt will be taking two teams.

This would be the best possible case scenario. Then I assume Idaho would be on their way out as soon as MSU and JMU are aboard. This is almost too perfect to be true.

RE: Reports out of missouri saying JMU and MSU recieved invite - Eagleditka - 04-09-2014 08:08 PM

(04-09-2014 08:01 PM)CajunFanatico Wrote:  A question and a comment.

Would an official invite ever be issued if there was a chance it would be turned down?

If I were the Grand Mufti of the Belt, I'd have at least a verbal agreement in my back pocket before I'd ever issue an official invite.

But that's just me.

That's my thought process. Why put an invite out there if there was a chance it would be turned down? It would make conference look really bad. There's got to be a verbal agreement of some sort.

RE: Reports out of missouri saying JMU and MSU recieved invite - chrisattsu - 04-09-2014 08:11 PM

But that's just me.

Yeah, but remember its King Karl we are talking about.

The same guy who created a plan to bring BYU back into the WAC fold and poach a couple of schools from the MWC only to have the MWC say, "How cute... we'll just take Nevada and Fresno and call it day."

I shouldn't complain, that's how we got our spot in the WAC, but he had egg on his face.

RE: Reports out of missouri saying JMU and MSU recieved invite - GSU Eagles - 04-09-2014 08:14 PM

JMU and MSU have been dragging the SBC along holding a spot open while hoping a better offer would materialize. The SBC is tired of waiting so they are throwing an official invite in their lap. Now the administration will have to answer to their fans if they decline it. No more hiding and stalling for JMU and MSU. It's go time.

RE: Reports out of missouri saying JMU and MSU recieved invite - Tiguar - 04-09-2014 08:17 PM

(04-09-2014 08:11 PM)chrisattsu Wrote:  

But that's just me.

The same guy who created a plan to bring BYU back into the WAC fold and poach a couple of schools from the MWC only to have the MWC say, "How cute... we'll just take Nevada and Fresno and call it day."

I shouldn't complain, that's how we got our spot in the WAC, but he had egg on his face.
There really is no egg to be had here.

What's Liberty going to do, say no because we asked someone else to dance first? They will accept no matter what. This puts the ball in MSU and JMU's court. They accept now or deal with their own fallout.

RE: Reports out of missouri saying JMU and MSU recieved invite - Georgia_Power_Company - 04-09-2014 08:24 PM

(04-09-2014 08:08 PM)asupatch Wrote:  
(04-09-2014 07:53 PM)statefanatic Wrote:  Reports from the past hour say JMU and MSU have recieved official invites. Looking like Sun Belt will be taking two teams.

This would be the best possible case scenario. Then I assume Idaho would be on their way out as soon as MSU and JMU are aboard. This is almost too perfect to be true.

Maybe but it could be that JMU is expected to say no and MSU yes meaning we still only go to 12 but the conference can still say they tried to get that eastern team to match with App but it failed.

RE: Reports out of missouri saying JMU and MSU recieved invite - panama - 04-09-2014 08:25 PM

(04-09-2014 08:17 PM)Tiguar Wrote:  

But that's just me.

What's Liberty going to do, say no because we asked someone else to dance first? They will accept no matter what. This puts the ball in MSU and JMU's court. They accept now or deal with their own fallout.

Liberty doesn't have the votes

RE: Reports out of missouri saying JMU and MSU recieved invite - sidslidkid - 04-09-2014 08:27 PM

(04-09-2014 08:25 PM)panama Wrote:  
(04-09-2014 08:17 PM)Tiguar Wrote:  

But that's just me.

Liberty doesn't have the votes

^what he said^