CSNbbs
Reports out of missouri saying JMU and MSU recieved invite - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+---- Thread: Reports out of missouri saying JMU and MSU recieved invite (/thread-685723.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

RE: Reports out of missouri saying JMU and MSU recieved invite - knucklehead - 04-15-2014 04:10 PM

(04-15-2014 03:47 PM)FloridaJag Wrote:  
(04-15-2014 02:40 PM)bridgeforthduke Wrote:  Softball ends May 7th.

Baseball ends May 21st.

I don't expect JMU to participate in the baseball tournament anyway this year because our team is a train wreck and only the top 6 seeds play in the tournament.

Note: Today's game with Liberty was canceled. 05-stirthepot

Not sure why they canceled it so early. The field id turf and it stopped raining a while ago.

RE: Reports out of missouri saying JMU and MSU recieved invite - GoAppsGo92 - 04-15-2014 04:24 PM

(04-15-2014 02:33 PM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  
(04-15-2014 02:28 PM)bridgeforthduke Wrote:  Don't look for any JMU move (or lack of a move) until late May. With spring sports being this close to being over, it wouldn't make much sense to announce before then and lock out the sports from competing for a conference title. I assume the Sun Belt or any other conference that really wanted JMU would be fine waiting until then for an announcement.

Yea, I don't see any announcement coming until mid-May. The fact that the Sun Belt hasn't moved forward with other options means one of three things

1) JMU really will take the bid and is just waiting for the end of the CAA schedule
2) JMU has not turned down the bid from the Sun Belt and is still evaluating (JMU is really good at that) while begging the MAC to take them (which is a very dangerous game for JMU if they really want FBS)
3) JMU has a bid from the MAC and is awaiting the end of the CAA schedule to notify the CAA and the Sun Belt (I'd be surprised if the MAC kicked out UMass to take JMU as a 13th of 13th member)
4) There is no consensus to add Liberty (possible even if JMU turns the Belt down)

When does baseball and softball end?

1) JMU really will take the bid and is just waiting for the end of the CAA schedule

This.

If JMU isn't announcing its commitment to FBS and accepting a SBC invite by June 1, they staying FCS for a long, long time.

RE: Reports out of missouri saying JMU and MSU recieved invite - Tom in Lazybrook - 04-15-2014 04:43 PM

(04-15-2014 04:24 PM)GoAppsGo92 Wrote:  
(04-15-2014 02:33 PM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  
(04-15-2014 02:28 PM)bridgeforthduke Wrote:  Don't look for any JMU move (or lack of a move) until late May. With spring sports being this close to being over, it wouldn't make much sense to announce before then and lock out the sports from competing for a conference title. I assume the Sun Belt or any other conference that really wanted JMU would be fine waiting until then for an announcement.

Yea, I don't see any announcement coming until mid-May. The fact that the Sun Belt hasn't moved forward with other options means one of three things

2) JMU has not turned down the bid from the Sun Belt and is still evaluating (JMU is really good at that) while begging the MAC to take them (which is a very dangerous game for JMU if they really want FBS)
3) JMU has a bid from the MAC and is awaiting the end of the CAA schedule to notify the CAA and the Sun Belt (I'd be surprised if the MAC kicked out UMass to take JMU as a 13th of 13th member)
4) There is no consensus to add Liberty (possible even if JMU turns the Belt down)

When does baseball and softball end?

This.

If JMU isn't announcing its commitment to FBS and accepting a SBC invite by June 1, they staying FCS for a long, long time.

Neither the Big South nor the MVC are anywhere near as petty as the CAA is regarding departing members. Actually no one is as petty as the CAA. So if the bid group is not going to include JMU, there's no reason to keep it under wraps any longer.

RE: Reports out of missouri saying JMU and MSU recieved invite - TOPSTRAIGHT - 04-15-2014 04:49 PM

The CAA is "Pettiful!!" (sorry).

RE: Reports out of missouri saying JMU and MSU recieved invite - arkstfan - 04-15-2014 04:52 PM

(04-15-2014 03:36 PM)bridgeforthduke Wrote:  
(04-15-2014 03:30 PM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  
(04-15-2014 02:40 PM)bridgeforthduke Wrote:  Softball ends May 7th.

Baseball ends May 21st.

I don't expect JMU to participate in the baseball tournament anyway this year because our team is a train wreck and only the top 6 seeds play in the tournament.

So by May 15th or so, if there's no press conference scheduled and no BOV meeting scheduled, we can probably just move on I suppose.

Does anyone know when the Sun Belt's meetings are this year? I believe they were May 21-23 last year so I assume it'll be around the same time. I have to believe that an actual vote on a new member will take place then.

They meet generally at some resort on the Redneck Riveria the week leading into the Memorial Day holiday.

RE: Reports out of missouri saying JMU and MSU recieved invite - AppfanInCAAland - 04-15-2014 06:49 PM

(04-15-2014 04:43 PM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  Neither the Big South nor the MVC are anywhere near as petty as the CAA is regarding departing members. Actually no one is as petty as the CAA. So if the bid group is not going to include JMU, there's no reason to keep it under wraps any longer.

I think VCU announced its move from the CAA to the A-10 like three or four weeks before the move took place. The announcement came and next thing I know within what seemed like days not weeks I'm seeing VCU field hockey and soccer schedule posters around Richmond with the A10 logo and teams clearly displayed.