CSNbbs
Reports out of missouri saying JMU and MSU recieved invite - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+---- Thread: Reports out of missouri saying JMU and MSU recieved invite (/thread-685723.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

RE: Reports out of missouri saying JMU and MSU recieved invite - Liberty22 - 04-10-2014 09:37 PM

(04-10-2014 09:31 PM)JMU2004 Wrote:  
(04-10-2014 09:00 PM)Liberty22 Wrote:  
(04-10-2014 08:57 PM)JMU2004 Wrote:  
(04-10-2014 08:41 PM)Liberty22 Wrote:  
(04-10-2014 08:35 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  JMU cant do anything until after the CAA baseball tournament.

Agreed, but as of today from a full time employee in their athletic dept, they are not even discussing it tomorrow and the plan is to wait. Could that change between now and June 1, absolutely but as of today the plan is to wait on the MAC

I have way better connections inside JMU. You are full if it.

It's been discussed. It will be discussed. Stop pimping and spreading misinformation in a hopeless attempt to somehow affect the upcoming change.

Don't be butthurt because I am friends with one of your athletic staff members...

You really think that JMU is telling you bud anything? Unless he/she sits on the BOV, you really don't know.

JMU is keeping donors who give tens of thousands/year in the dark. It is a blackout at JMU right now. You pal in the AD isn't an inside source.

lol okie dokie

RE: Reports out of missouri saying JMU and MSU recieved invite - chiefsfan - 04-10-2014 10:01 PM

As I have said. Lets not get into source fights.

RE: Reports out of missouri saying JMU and MSU recieved invite - SHWISH - 04-10-2014 10:09 PM

(04-10-2014 09:11 PM)TheRevSWT Wrote:  
(04-10-2014 09:06 PM)Liberty22 Wrote:  I don't get the purpose of making something up. You make something up you look like an idiot later.

Have you met SHWISH?

Or for that matter, Campaign4Liberty?

Being wrong hasn't stopped them.

I got a tanker ship of crow you will eat, pal.

RE: Reports out of missouri saying JMU and MSU recieved invite - TheRevSWT - 04-10-2014 10:13 PM

(04-10-2014 10:09 PM)SHWISH Wrote:  I got a tanker ship of crow you will eat, pal.

And I have a bridge to sell you, if you actually believe half of what you type.

RE: Reports out of missouri saying JMU and MSU recieved invite - T-Dog - 04-10-2014 10:39 PM

(04-10-2014 08:57 PM)MSUBear42 Wrote:  Fwiw, our president will be on our local sports show next Tuesday. The host previewed the interview by reiterating the fact that the president now has sole discretion in making a conference change.

Not many people know this but App's BOT did the exact same thing the weekend before the news broke.

RE: Reports out of missouri saying JMU and MSU recieved invite - ODUalum78 - 04-10-2014 11:13 PM

(04-10-2014 08:57 PM)MSUBear42 Wrote:  Fwiw, our president will be on our local sports show next Tuesday. The host previewed the interview by reiterating the fact that the president now has sole discretion in making a conference change.

Posted from my mobile device using the CSNbbs App

Exactly what ODU did.

RE: Reports out of missouri saying JMU and MSU recieved invite - HawaiiMongoose - 04-11-2014 01:38 AM

(04-10-2014 09:35 PM)GaSoEagle Wrote:  I am inclined to agree that if we add this year it will be in May. I guess JMU if they join will not announce until the mid-late part of May. So another month of speculation. All I know is that our AD, T. Kleinlein has publicly said the Sun Belt has voted to expand and that it was a goal to have a 12th fb playing member by June 1.

I have no sources and limited insight. But it seems to me that this is the one confirmed fact about this whole situation: the conference wants a 12th football-playing member. All the rest is rumor and conjecture.

With that in mind, I'm going to go out on a limb here and predict that the conference will do exactly that, and nothing more: add a single new school to bring the number of football-playing members to 12. I expect the invitee to be JMU or, if JMU says no, EKU.

I view EKU rather than Liberty as the most likely fallback choice for several reasons. It's in the right geographic location. It has a winning football tradition and a 22,000-seat stadium it filled to capacity 10 years ago and therefore has proven potential to fill again. EKU's basketball team is coming off an OVC championship and NCAA tournament appearance. The school is a good academic and institutional fit in the SBC, and doesn't bring the political baggage Liberty would.

As for MSU, I don't see any reason to invite the Bears right now. The conference already has six western football members. MSU's stadium seats only 16,300 and there's no approved plan or funding to expand it (the current renovation will replace seats but not add any). And no one else is likely to invite MSU to move up, so what's the hurry? Better to wait a couple of years and then decide whether the Bears have advanced enough to bring them in and push Idaho out.

Reports out of missouri saying JMU and MSU recieved invite - Check Yosef - 04-11-2014 01:50 AM

(04-11-2014 01:38 AM)HawaiiMongoose Wrote:  
(04-10-2014 09:35 PM)GaSoEagle Wrote:  I am inclined to agree that if we add this year it will be in May. I guess JMU if they join will not announce until the mid-late part of May. So another month of speculation. All I know is that our AD, T. Kleinlein has publicly said the Sun Belt has voted to expand and that it was a goal to have a 12th fb playing member by June 1.

I have no sources and limited insight. But it seems to me that this is the one confirmed fact about this whole situation: the conference wants a 12th football-playing member. All the rest is rumor and conjecture.

With that in mind, I'm going to go out on a limb here and predict that the conference will do exactly that, and nothing more: add a single new school to bring the number of football-playing members to 12. I expect the invitee to be JMU or, if JMU says no, EKU.

I view EKU rather than Liberty as the most likely fallback choice for several reasons. It's in the right geographic location. It has a winning football tradition and a 22,000-seat stadium it filled to capacity 10 years ago and therefore has proven potential to fill again. EKU's basketball team is coming off an OVC championship and NCAA tournament appearance. The school is a good academic and institutional fit in the SBC, and doesn't bring the political baggage Liberty would.

As for MSU, I don't see any reason to invite the Bears right now. The conference already has six western football members. MSU's stadium seats only 16,300 and there's no approved plan or funding to expand it (the current renovation will replace seats but not add any). And no one else is likely to invite MSU to move up, so what's the hurry? Better to wait a couple of years and then decide whether the Bears have advanced enough to bring them in and push Idaho out.

You definitely haven't paid attention

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Reports out of missouri saying JMU and MSU recieved invite - buryyourduke - 04-11-2014 06:27 AM

(04-10-2014 08:57 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  I don't have an issue with most of our Liberty posters, but they are very worried about JMU. The whole situation is a little amusing.

And judging by the amount of phone calls that were made Monday, they are pretty worried about us.

RE: Reports out of missouri saying JMU and MSU recieved invite - GoAppsGo92 - 04-11-2014 06:37 AM

EKU is a lot further from being ready than at least 4 other FCS schools in the southeast. If this was 2020 and EKU actually got the donations and student fees needed to improve facilities and attendance, you might have a point. Right now, EKU is not on the radar. I'm 70 percent certain this time next month JMU will be the 12 member in the east. MSU could be a part of any deal for the western schools to take an eastern team, with implementation of football sometime in 2016 or even 2017. Should MSU also be announced, it's likely that NMSU becomes a full member, and Idaho is put in the clock.

RE: Reports out of missouri saying JMU and MSU recieved invite - GoAppsGo92 - 04-11-2014 06:42 AM

(04-11-2014 06:37 AM)GoAppsGo92 Wrote:  

EKU is a lot further from being ready than at least 4 other FCS schools in the southeast. If this was 2020 and EKU actually got the donations and student fees needed to improve facilities and attendance, you might have a point. Right now, EKU is not on the radar. I'm 70 percent certain this time next month JMU will be the 12 member in the east. MSU could be a part of any deal for the western schools to take an eastern team, with implementation of football sometime in 2016 or even 2017. Should MSU also be announced, it's likely that NMSU becomes a full member, and Idaho is put in the clock.

I short: if JMU and MSU are announced together, it would be bad news for Idaho, and I'd expect that option to invite NMSU all-sports to be communicated soon after.

RE: Reports out of missouri saying JMU and MSU recieved invite - Buzz Lightyear Lite - 04-11-2014 08:12 AM

gosh another month of speculation....then this thread may have 1900 comments by then...

RE: Reports out of missouri saying JMU and MSU recieved invite - ARSTATEFAN1986 - 04-11-2014 08:37 AM

(04-11-2014 01:50 AM)Check Yosef Wrote:  

You definitely haven't paid attention

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think you will see a compromise. Before (hopefully not) JMU or (better choices) EKU or Liberty get invited in the east, you will see Missouri State added in the west and perhaps NMSU as a full member. As long as we have a lifeline out to Idaho...we could do the same from Massachusetts...after all it would keep both sides balanced in football and help the belt get more bowl eligible teams.

RE: Reports out of missouri saying JMU and MSU recieved invite - chiefsfan - 04-11-2014 10:58 AM

The one thing you are forgetting is that right now part of our issue is that no one can agree on who they want as a 12th member. If the only schools voting were out East, this would have been decided already. But convincing a West school that a JMU/Liberty makes sense to the league is hard.

RE: Reports out of missouri saying JMU and MSU recieved invite - ASUMountaineer - 04-11-2014 11:25 AM

(04-10-2014 06:35 PM)The4thOption Wrote:  
(04-10-2014 05:36 PM)GoApps70 Wrote:  Most of us wouldn't know them if you called GaSo anything but stink.
That's why I passed on stAnk.

Nobody but you guys from Boone call us the Stink. Seriously doesn't even make any sense. Statesboro doesn't have a bad smell like say Savannah due to the paper mills. Maybe some of you stayed in Savannah for the game and that is where it comes from? I really don't know.

EVERYBODY in the SoCon calls yall CrApp State! 03-lmfao

I stick to "Fail Southern."

RE: Reports out of missouri saying JMU and MSU recieved invite - CW Fishman - 04-11-2014 11:53 AM

With all of the "insiders" and "experts" on here, I will be the first to admit; I don't freaking know.

RE: Reports out of missouri saying JMU and MSU recieved invite - JMU2004 - 04-11-2014 11:56 AM

A flight just landed at our local airport that orginated from Jonesboro. Hmm

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N870SC

RE: Reports out of missouri saying JMU and MSU recieved invite - asupatch - 04-11-2014 12:02 PM

(04-11-2014 11:56 AM)JMU2004 Wrote:  A flight just landed at our local airport that orginated from Jonesboro. Hmm

Could be just a coincidence? If true then the name of this thread may have some legit merit. I do find it fitting it flew past Lynchburg to get there.03-lmfao

RE: Reports out of missouri saying JMU and MSU recieved invite - JMU2004 - 04-11-2014 12:02 PM

(04-11-2014 12:02 PM)asupatch Wrote:  
(04-11-2014 11:56 AM)JMU2004 Wrote:  A flight just landed at our local airport that orginated from Jonesboro. Hmm

Could be just a coincidence? If name of this thread may have some legit merit. I do find it fitting it flew past Lynchburg to get there.03-lmfao

Certainly could be a coincidence. A bit odd though.

RE: Reports out of missouri saying JMU and MSU recieved invite - chiefsfan - 04-11-2014 12:02 PM

I am not entirely sure if that is ASU's plane. But I am fairly confident that its flown some of our people before. The Flight to Dallas around the time of the Final Four makes a ton of sense for it to be used for us in some way.