CSNbbs
Reports out of missouri saying JMU and MSU recieved invite - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (http://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+---- Thread: Reports out of missouri saying JMU and MSU recieved invite (/thread-685723.html)

RE: Reports out of missouri saying JMU and MSU recieved invite - GaSoEagle - 04-09-2014 10:34 PM

I am really hoping this new Sun Belt comes about. It would strengthen baseball, basketball and football in this conference.

RE: Reports out of missouri saying JMU and MSU recieved invite - cmaxwellgsu - 04-09-2014 10:34 PM

(04-09-2014 10:16 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  
(04-09-2014 10:12 PM)cmaxwellgsu Wrote:  
(04-09-2014 10:07 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  
(04-09-2014 10:05 PM)ValleyBoy Wrote:  
(04-09-2014 10:01 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  No. But there is a clause to allow us the opportunity to invite all sports.

So are you saying NMSU has a UMASS clause.

No. There is no exit clause. Just a clause that allows us to add all sports should we choose to. There is zero chance NMSU would turn down such an invite.

Remember, the SBC has always maintained a strong relationship with NMSU. Its not something we're going to just give up.

You're right, it's definitely a very different situation with UMASS. I see the Aggies coming along. My question would be, if Benson pulls this whole thing is he a genius?

Uhh...No. If this works, I wouldn't be shocked if you saw a couple notable Western Schools make a push for Benson's ouster. Could write it off as the perfect opportunity to finish the creation of our new image as a league.

I imagine stAte and UL fans will have to grow on the arrangement, but considering everything it will be a damn good football league with improved basketball. I know the move ups wear on the stalwarts, but with us and JMU you're getting big names with credibility from FCS. MSU and NMSU basketball will definitely improve the league. If this all happens, I'll be a happy Eagle.

RE: Reports out of missouri saying JMU and MSU recieved invite - chiefsfan - 04-09-2014 10:37 PM

(04-09-2014 10:34 PM)cmaxwellgsu Wrote:  
(04-09-2014 10:16 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  
(04-09-2014 10:12 PM)cmaxwellgsu Wrote:  
(04-09-2014 10:07 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  
(04-09-2014 10:05 PM)ValleyBoy Wrote:  So are you saying NMSU has a UMASS clause.

No. There is no exit clause. Just a clause that allows us to add all sports should we choose to. There is zero chance NMSU would turn down such an invite.

Remember, the SBC has always maintained a strong relationship with NMSU. Its not something we're going to just give up.

You're right, it's definitely a very different situation with UMASS. I see the Aggies coming along. My question would be, if Benson pulls this whole thing is he a genius?

Uhh...No. If this works, I wouldn't be shocked if you saw a couple notable Western Schools make a push for Benson's ouster. Could write it off as the perfect opportunity to finish the creation of our new image as a league.

I imagine stAte and UL fans will have to grow on the arrangement, but considering everything it will be a damn good football league with improved basketball. I know the move ups wear on the stalwarts, but with us and JMU you're getting big names with credibility from FCS. MSU and NMSU basketball will definitely improve the league. If this all happens, I'll be a happy Eagle.

Benson will have done his job at that point. Keep the SBC afloat during realignment, and worked to improve the quality of the league

However, he's made a lot of enemies in Jonesboro and Lafayette.

RE: Reports out of missouri saying JMU and MSU recieved invite - MWC Tex - 04-09-2014 10:38 PM

(04-09-2014 10:23 PM)asupatch Wrote:  
(04-09-2014 10:22 PM)GaSoEagle Wrote:  This would work out nicely.

Sun Belt is almost setting itself for a rivalry weekend if they wanted to:
Arkansas St/Missouri State
Texas St/New Mexico State
Louisiana/ULM
South Alabama/Troy
Georgia St/Georgia Southern
App State/James Madison

Add UALR and Texas-Arlington as non-football members and you have the new Sun Belt.

He pulls this one off and he is far better at his job than I ever gave him credit for. Would be nothing short of a baby miracle.

That is a decent conference in 5 years. It looks like a good upgrade even.
Benson is better than most give him credit for. He made the WAC relevant even after the MW schools split. Its just the WAC ran out of moves regarding football.

RE: Reports out of missouri saying JMU and MSU recieved invite - slycat - 04-09-2014 10:40 PM

I want UL as a rival.

RE: Reports out of missouri saying JMU and MSU recieved invite - Liberty22 - 04-09-2014 10:41 PM

(04-09-2014 10:40 PM)slycat Wrote:  I want LU as a rival.

FIFY... Thanks sly, we want it too... side note: Realignment makes me 03-puke

RE: Reports out of missouri saying JMU and MSU recieved invite - SHWISH - 04-09-2014 10:42 PM

(04-09-2014 07:53 PM)statefanatic Wrote:  Reports from the past hour say JMU and MSU have recieved official invites. Looking like Sun Belt will be taking two teams.

I TOLD YALL MANY TIMES THE SBC WAS TAKING 2. If this is true. If so, both schools would be crazy not to accept. If a slot opens up in any other conferences, both schools would already be FBS.

RE: Reports out of missouri saying JMU and MSU recieved invite - slycat - 04-09-2014 10:46 PM

(04-09-2014 10:41 PM)Liberty22 Wrote:  
(04-09-2014 10:40 PM)slycat Wrote:  I want LU as a rival.

FIFY... Thanks sly, we want it too... side note: Realignment makes me 03-puke

Then it'll be a slycat / slyfox rival

RE: Reports out of missouri saying JMU and MSU recieved invite - chiefsfan - 04-09-2014 10:46 PM

(04-09-2014 10:42 PM)SHWISH Wrote:  
(04-09-2014 07:53 PM)statefanatic Wrote:  Reports from the past hour say JMU and MSU have recieved official invites. Looking like Sun Belt will be taking two teams.

I TOLD YALL MANY TIMES THE SBC WAS TAKING 2. If this is true. If so, both schools would be crazy not to accept. If a slot opens up in any other conferences, both schools would already be FBS.

You also told us that Lamar would be one of those two.

RE: Reports out of missouri saying JMU and MSU recieved invite - Kittonhead - 04-09-2014 10:52 PM

The devil is in the details....the Idaho agreement is good until 2017-18

http://freepdfhosting.com/0dfe5b6e2f.pdf

The SBC can make a decision in 2015-16 as to whether they want to extend the agreement or let it expire in 2017-18. Its still quite different than the UMass agreement with the MAC which was exercised this year not in 2016.

It could be that its January of 2016 and UMass doesn't have a conference home. The SBC says to itself yes on a 14th school with the same provision Idaho has on its contract.

The SBC can have JMU transition 2015-16 and Missouri St 2016-17 with the idea they can discuss the Idaho situation when the cross that path in 2016. Having UMass floating out there might be what motivates them to keep Idaho in the fold ultimately.