CSNbbs
Thursday and Wednesday Sun Belt Games Announced - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+---- Thread: Thursday and Wednesday Sun Belt Games Announced (/thread-684578.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: Thursday and Wednesday Sun Belt Games Announced - chrisattsu - 04-01-2014 11:18 PM

[Image: 135.gif]

Thursday and Wednesday Sun Belt Games Announced - CajunFan3406 - 04-02-2014 12:50 AM

(04-01-2014 01:32 PM)CajunFanatico Wrote:  
(04-01-2014 11:37 AM)CajunFan3406 Wrote:  
(04-01-2014 11:33 AM)CajunFanatico Wrote:  Thursday nite games on the road were good for the Cajuns last year. Good luck to everyone.

I'm betting the most happy about this schedule are the TxState fans who will have a pile of Cajuns tailgating on a beautiful Saturday afternoon in October in San Marcos.

Just think of the Cajun cookin' you guys are going to be able to mooch.

Well that would be getting things started early. Start tailgating on Saturday for a Tuesday night game. I like the way you think.

Hmmm. The schedule I'm looking at shows the stAte game on a Tues night but the TxState game on Saturday 11 Oct. Is there a loose nut in front of my computer?

A loose nut, or you're looking at an incorrect schedule. Cajuns vs stAte on 10/21. Cajuns at TxSt will be the week prior (10/14). I posted a complaint previously about this game being on a Tuesday, as I'd be unable to make the trip to San Marcos.

Check the football schedule on ragincajuns.com
The schedule on there is correct and up to date.

RE: Thursday and Wednesday Sun Belt Games Announced - chiefsfan - 04-02-2014 01:49 AM

I fully admit that I was planning on going to watch stAte play in San Marcos next year...but those odds are not highly unlikely because the game is on a Thursday.

With Lafayette out of the picture because of a Tuesday, and Idaho being...well in Idaho. I guess that means I am heading to Atlanta this fall. Its either that or I forego my annual conference trip this year and go watch us play in Knoxville instead...which would be more expensive, but would be kind of cool at the same time I guess.

I am already locked into visiting Boone in 2015...so unless I decide to follow an Olympic Sport...I wont be visiting San Marcos for a few years then...boo.

RE: Thursday and Wednesday Sun Belt Games Announced - WKUYG - 04-02-2014 04:41 AM

(04-02-2014 01:49 AM)chiefsfan Wrote:  I fully admit that I was planning on going to watch stAte play in San Marcos next year...but those odds are not highly unlikely because the game is on a Thursday.

With Lafayette out of the picture because of a Tuesday, and Idaho being...well in Idaho. I guess that means I am heading to Atlanta this fall. Its either that or I forego my annual conference trip this year and go watch us play in Knoxville instead...which would be more expensive, but would be kind of cool at the same time I guess.

I am already locked into visiting Boone in 2015...so unless I decide to follow an Olympic Sport...I wont be visiting San Marcos for a few years then...boo.

Tenn has some of the best visitor seats (if bought through your school) that you will ever get. A few years ago they gave you corner and upper corner seats now its the first 10 rows from 40 to 40. I know Tenn fans have a rep of being buttholes but that wasn't the case at all with us last year. Everyone we met was as nice as they could be and the one butthole (drunk) was called down by the Tenn fans around him. When that didn't help those same fans called security on him. Rocky Top gets old but before long you will be signing it with them. And even if you don't bring the band you will hear your fight once. The Tenn band will face your fans and play it.

Something to consider if you never been to a Tenn game before....

you will walk between 1 & 2 miles to and from the game no matter where you park. Not only that but it will be mostly uphill.

RE: Thursday and Wednesday Sun Belt Games Announced - CajunFanatico - 04-02-2014 07:58 AM

And even if you don't bring the band you will hear your fight once. The Tenn band will face your fans and play it.

That's classy.04-cheers

RE: Thursday and Wednesday Sun Belt Games Announced - panama - 04-02-2014 07:59 AM

(04-02-2014 07:58 AM)CajunFanatico Wrote:  And even if you don't bring the band you will hear your fight once. The Tenn band will face your fans and play it.

That's classy.04-cheers
Very

RE: Thursday and Wednesday Sun Belt Games Announced - GoApps70 - 04-02-2014 09:02 AM

It always makes me think of Tennessee when the App State band plays "Tennessee Waltz" just after the
end of a football game. Sad. Just like the football game being over.

RE: Thursday and Wednesday Sun Belt Games Announced - arkstfan - 04-02-2014 09:33 AM

(04-02-2014 01:49 AM)chiefsfan Wrote:  I fully admit that I was planning on going to watch stAte play in San Marcos next year...but those odds are not highly unlikely because the game is on a Thursday.

I wasn't planning to go to San Marcos, but that's because I already knew the game was expected to be moved to Thursday. Jeff Reed had already put that out on Twitter fairly quickly after the schedule was released.

RE: Thursday and Wednesday Sun Belt Games Announced - arkstfan - 04-02-2014 09:36 AM

(04-02-2014 07:58 AM)CajunFanatico Wrote:  And even if you don't bring the band you will hear your fight once. The Tenn band will face your fans and play it.

That's classy.04-cheers

That used to be very common. When I was kid AState would do it and I remember the Alabama band doing it for us in Birmingham.

Just whatever you do, if you play Army at home, remember their traditions supersede your traditions so if your band plays after the game and the players sing to the fans, be prepared for a hostile response on Army message boards declaring your school classless for interfering with the Cadets singing tradition.

RE: Thursday and Wednesday Sun Belt Games Announced - arkstfan - 04-02-2014 09:38 AM

(04-02-2014 09:02 AM)GoApps70 Wrote:  It always makes me think of Tennessee when the App State band plays "Tennessee Waltz" just after the
end of a football game. Sad. Just like the football game being over.

I was at the Final Four in New Orleans when Kentucky won. I'm no fan of UK but even a professional grouch such as myself was touched by the fans singing Old Kentucky home after they won.

RE: Thursday and Wednesday Sun Belt Games Announced - JTApps1 - 04-02-2014 09:40 AM

(04-01-2014 11:53 AM)eaglewraith Wrote:  
(04-01-2014 11:21 AM)GoApps70 Wrote:  
(04-01-2014 10:59 AM)NCeagle Wrote:  so pumped about these thursday night game. I am going to app for sure.... I would like to go to troy, but I am taking off Friday and Monday two weeks later for Navy. Might just have to take off Friday instead, but I hate driving long distances with a hangover.

You might want to go to the Troy game instead of the App State game. Wouldn't want you driving a long distanced PO'd with a hangover.
App has never lost on the U. 6-0. Has won the last three against Georgia Southern. Would not want you having any wrecks.

This will be the first game in the history of the series with Instant Replay. It'll be interesting to see what happens. I'm not going to sit here and blame the refs, but there have been plays that should have gotten a second look.

Yea, we probably would have won 5 or 6 in a row with replay! 03-nerner

RE: Thursday and Wednesday Sun Belt Games Announced - Ole Sleepy - 04-02-2014 09:44 AM

(04-02-2014 09:40 AM)JTApps1 Wrote:  
(04-01-2014 10:59 AM)NCeagle Wrote:  so pumped about these thursday night game. I am going to app for sure.... I would like to go to troy, but I am taking off Friday and Monday two weeks later for Navy. Might just have to take off Friday instead, but I hate driving long distances with a hangover.

You might want to go to the Troy game instead of the App State game. Wouldn't want you driving a long distanced PO'd with a hangover.
App has never lost on the U. 6-0. Has won the last three against Georgia Southern. Would not want you having any wrecks.

This will be the first game in the history of the series with Instant Replay. It'll be interesting to see what happens. I'm not going to sit here and blame the refs, but there have been plays that should have gotten a second look.

Quick was out. Price was out. End of story.

RE: Thursday and Wednesday Sun Belt Games Announced - eaglewraith - 04-02-2014 09:44 AM

(04-02-2014 09:36 AM)arkstfan Wrote:  

That's classy.04-cheers

That used to be very common. When I was kid AState would do it and I remember the Alabama band doing it for us in Birmingham.

Just whatever you do, if you play Army at home, remember their traditions supersede your traditions so if your band plays after the game and the players sing to the fans, be prepared for a hostile response on Army message boards declaring your school classless for interfering with the Cadets singing tradition.

When we played at Navy we went and stood with their players while they played their Alma Mater (or whatever it is they play), then the players and coaches from Navy came and stood with ours as we played our Alma Mater. That was really cool and a classy showing by both teams and fanbases.

RE: Thursday and Wednesday Sun Belt Games Announced - boroeagle2 - 04-02-2014 09:49 AM

(04-02-2014 09:44 AM)Ole Sleepy Wrote:  

Don't forget the non-called safety in 2012 at Paulson. I was on the grass hill directly in line with endzone, that was 2 we should have had.

RE: Thursday and Wednesday Sun Belt Games Announced - GoApps70 - 04-02-2014 10:08 AM

Why not the whole series. Odd that impartial referees disagree
with what GaSo fans saw. Guess GaSo didn't get any calls that we would
have disagreed with. Could it be that losing to us made them more
controversial? Probably so.

Is that the way the refs saw it? No.
(04-02-2014 09:44 AM)eaglewraith Wrote:  
(04-02-2014 09:36 AM)arkstfan Wrote:  

That's classy.04-cheers

When we played at Navy we went and stood with their players while they played their Alma Mater (or whatever it is they play), then the players and coaches from Navy came and stood with ours as we played our Alma Mater. That was really cool and a classy showing by both teams and fanbases.
Pretty good to leave as much of the hatred on the field as you can.
Must not have had too many controversial plays.

RE: Thursday and Wednesday Sun Belt Games Announced - JTApps1 - 04-02-2014 10:17 AM

Quick...maybe. Price was definitely in from a photo I saw. It was close but he had green between his foot and the line. Either way...

4 in a row baby!

RE: Thursday and Wednesday Sun Belt Games Announced - JCGSU - 04-02-2014 10:20 AM

(04-01-2014 10:25 AM)GoApps70 Wrote:  Friday night games can be good if it doesn't upset the local high school programs.

Didn't yall go down that road before?

RE: Thursday and Wednesday Sun Belt Games Announced - sidslidkid - 04-02-2014 10:20 AM

Have I mentioned that I hate app state... cause i do.

RE: Thursday and Wednesday Sun Belt Games Announced - JCGSU - 04-02-2014 10:21 AM

(04-01-2014 10:37 AM)Atlanta Trojan Wrote:  Why put ga state on tv against Abilene Christian? GSU u better not make us look bad05-mafia

This! Why televise a FCS game? It is not likes its NDSU. State please please win that game.

RE: Thursday and Wednesday Sun Belt Games Announced - eaglewraith - 04-02-2014 10:39 AM

(04-02-2014 10:08 AM)GoApps70 Wrote:  

Why not the whole series. Odd that impartial referees disagree
with what GaSo fans saw. Guess GaSo didn't get any calls that we would
have disagreed with. Could it be that losing to us made them more
controversial? Probably so.

Never questioned the impartiality of the refs. I would definitely call into question their competence though....and that extends to games against other teams throughout the years. That "fumble" when Foster was 2 yards deep in the endzone against Furman in 2005 comes to mind.