CSNbbs
Can we please - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Western Michigan (/forum-469.html)
+------ Forum: The Dan Burgardt Memorial Bronco Football Forum (/forum-489.html)
+------ Thread: Can we please (/thread-661502.html)

Pages: 1 2

Can we please - flushtheherd - 11-17-2013 08:18 PM

It feels as if we have gotten to the point where no matter the question, subject or implied idea, we cant discuss anything without bringing the tragedy of the HC into the forefront.

Ok... got it... Everyone thinks PJ is making us look like idiots... He's lost a ton of games in a year that he came out and said he was going to turn around our program...

PJ brought with him some philosophies that maybe he should have kept more internal to the program, and less outwardly in an effort to sell an idea and props...

My point... we are STUCK WITH HIM. PERIOD!!! So lets talk about what we can deal with.. which is recruiting... next year... current coaching philosophies... OC sucks... DC sucks... ... I would rather hear about how to make what we have as far as players successful than some pipe dream about coming up with the monies necessary to boot Fleck. Because one is achievable, and the other is just plain high school lunch room banter.

Go ahead and bash me... but you must also understand that its going to be pretty boring if this line of Fleck bashing has to continue for the next 3 years... Got it. He blows. He has made our University look silly... He has made our "limited" traditions and history look redundant... Got it. He's also recruiting the crap out of the country as a one win coach in the MAC... tell me that doesn't say something... But oh yeah... lets just continue to whine away at something we have no control over... Unless you are willing to write a check for the remainder of his contract...

didn't think so...

Just gets so old after awhile...

RE: Can we please - floridabronco - 11-17-2013 08:22 PM

You've got my AMEN!

RE: Can we please - Chipdip2 - 11-17-2013 08:29 PM

The reality is, if you asked the average college football fan who PJ Fleck is 99% of them wouldn't know. We know, a few MAC rivals know, but that's about it. He's not on peoples radar.

Hypothetically, if Fleck continues to bring in the type of talent he's getting now he'll be a winner. And when that happens every struggling coach will be sticking some sort of motivational saying and sticker on their helmet and chanting whatever ra-ra mantra they can come up with.

This is not new. Butch Jones had "hold the rope" a few years back. He's seemed to do fine with it. PJ was talking smack to Davis yesterday, or so some thought..............Jones told Jemarko Simons to "get the fvck off the field" a few years back, and it was picked up by the television mic as clear as could be. Didn't seem to harm him at all.

Once this guy starts winning more than he loses all will be forgotten.

RE: Can we please - ColinApocalypse - 11-17-2013 08:36 PM

I don't necessarily disagree with what's being said around here, but it's all been said a thousand times and I'm so over it. It has gotten stale.

I would rather focus on the future at this point. So how about that receiving corp we're going to have next year? Wilson, Davis, Ferguson, Keith, Roberts, Braverman etc...I would like to add that none of these guys are going to be seniors NEXT year either! 2015 season we could have one the of the greatest receiving units we've ever seen.

RE: Can we please - toddjnsn - 11-17-2013 08:41 PM

True Colin. That's why a JUCO transfer QB (if there is one available) would be good to bring in. He'd be enticed by it.

RE: Can we please - NIUBIGGS - 11-17-2013 08:49 PM

Remember Joe Novak went 3-30 his first 3 seasons with NIU. He might not be the nut case PJ is but give it some time..

RE: Can we please - flushtheherd - 11-17-2013 08:55 PM

Can we just agree to get past the catch phrases for a second... If this guy was a mute you would have to wonder if half the board here would even be all that bothered by the current season with all of the "rebuilding" going on. I for one am just looking forward to see which... if any... of these recruits actually sign.. fingers crossed the entire time.

Guy might not be all that popular on bronco stampede, but damn he seems pretty popular on the recruiting trail...

RE: Can we please - DesertBronco - 11-17-2013 09:27 PM

(11-17-2013 08:18 PM)flushtheherd Wrote:  It feels as if we have gotten to the point where no matter the question, subject or implied idea, we cant discuss anything without bringing the tragedy of the HC into the forefront.

Ok... got it... Everyone thinks PJ is making us look like idiots... He's lost a ton of games in a year that he came out and said he was going to turn around our program...

PJ brought with him some philosophies that maybe he should have kept more internal to the program, and less outwardly in an effort to sell an idea and props...

My point... we are STUCK WITH HIM. PERIOD!!! So lets talk about what we can deal with.. which is recruiting... next year... current coaching philosophies... OC sucks... DC sucks... ... I would rather hear about how to make what we have as far as players successful than some pipe dream about coming up with the monies necessary to boot Fleck. Because one is achievable, and the other is just plain high school lunch room banter.

Go ahead and bash me... but you must also understand that its going to be pretty boring if this line of Fleck bashing has to continue for the next 3 years... Got it. He blows. He has made our University look silly... He has made our "limited" traditions and history look redundant... Got it. He's also recruiting the crap out of the country as a one win coach in the MAC... tell me that doesn't say something... But oh yeah... lets just continue to whine away at something we have no control over... Unless you are willing to write a check for the remainder of his contract...

didn't think so...

Just gets so old after awhile...

F U you whiney *****. When we meet I'm crushing you with shots while I tell you that this guy has to go.....NOW!!! HE CANT COACH!!

Get it?!

RE: Can we please - Liam9903 - 11-17-2013 09:42 PM

I think the path this program was on is what gets forgotten. 5-7, 6-6, 7-6, 4-8. Not exactly setting the world on fire before PJ got here. I say give him 2 more seasons to put a number better than any of those with the talent he brings in or try someone else. The slogans and all that are meaningless to me since they are for recruiting high school kids and motivating players. Besides I'm pacified by the brown jerseys, I can deal with an oar.

RE: Can we please - DesertBronco - 11-17-2013 09:48 PM

You like losing Liam, it's obvious. You're a good loser, better than most here with losing for sure. The worse the more you defend the status quo of losing.

RE: Can we please - flushtheherd - 11-17-2013 09:52 PM

Damnit DB... I was just enjoying a nice bourbon on the rocks watching the Broncos/Chiefs game and now I MUST reply to you... Yes... I will allow you to throw shots at me. I prefer 12yr Jameson, or 15yr Redbreast ( just so you can be prepared ). I am not "whining"... I am just "asking" for constructive conversation. I think everyone here understands how you feel about PJ. It has been WELL documented. Now if you want to go on a grass roots campaign and raise the funds necessary to remove him, then by all means please send me an envelope and I may throw a fiver in there for ya.

Guessing that's not what is actually happening in the DB compound these days. So get over it. He's here... and stuck here for the next THREE years minimum. Im again.. NOT WHINING... im just saying lets just look at what we have and make the best of it for what its worth. If we can get past all of the bullsh&t, we might find that this guy is actually recruiting like he was the Saban spawn... He's doing this with ONE FU$$ING win in the FU$$ING MAC! Just saying... its pretty much the ONLY positive thing going right now.

RE: Can we please - DesertBronco - 11-17-2013 10:07 PM

You're whining, we suck and you like it . Lame.

I have what you drink in my cabinet right now. We are good. 04-cheers

RE: Can we please - flushtheherd - 11-17-2013 10:20 PM

(11-17-2013 10:07 PM)DesertBronco Wrote:  You're whining, we suck and you like it . Lame.

I have what you drink in my cabinet right now. We are good. 04-cheers

I have much respect for that cabinet! And I also... DO NOT LIKE that we suck. i just choose at this point to not let my blood pressure rise because of it. Hence... my bourbon/Irish Whisky drinking... gotta keep my blood thin for this next four years of Bronco Football.

RE: Can we please - Liam9903 - 11-17-2013 10:50 PM

(11-17-2013 09:48 PM)DesertBronco Wrote:  You like losing Liam, it's obvious. You're a good loser, better than most here with losing for sure. The worse the more you defend the status quo of losing.

Incoherent, stupid rage. Gotta be a real winner to have that kind of post count and all these internet friends to have cyber shots with.

RE: Can we please - Kimbosucks - 11-18-2013 05:24 AM

(11-17-2013 09:42 PM)Liam9903 Wrote:  I think the path this program was on is what gets forgotten. 5-7, 6-6, 7-6, 4-8. Not exactly setting the world on fire before PJ got here. I say give him 2 more seasons to put a number better than any of those with the talent he brings in or try someone else. The slogans and all that are meaningless to me since they are for recruiting high school kids and motivating players. Besides I'm pacified by the brown jerseys, I can deal with an oar.

Like I said, we're trying to change a culture here. We're trying to change a community, we're trying to change a football program, we're trying to change a way of thinking in our town. And then obviously across the country in terms of what people think about Western Michigan football. PJ Fleck

http://www.footballscoop.com/news/9168-10-questions-with-western-michigan-head-coach-p-j-fleck

These slogans are not just for the team per pj in multiple interviews.

RE: Can we please - Hiller4Hyz09 - 11-18-2013 05:25 AM

(11-17-2013 08:36 PM)ColinApocalypse Wrote:  I don't necessarily disagree with what's being said around here, but it's all been said a thousand times and I'm so over it. It has gotten stale.

I would rather focus on the future at this point. So how about that receiving corp we're going to have next year? Wilson, Davis, Ferguson, Keith, Roberts, Braverman etc...I would like to add that none of these guys are going to be seniors NEXT year either! 2015 season we could have one the of the greatest receiving units we've ever seen.

Unless they all get injured

RE: Can we please - Broncobelt - 11-18-2013 09:04 AM

At this point I don't even care about football anymore. I am so disgusted with the way 2013 turned out. Started with all the hyperbole and bashing of our traditions and then the losses and being non competitive in so many games. Every one is talking recruiting now and two of the most recent recruits are very questionable on the character issue.

After this season I have little hope for WMU football under the current regime. We had a disaster of a season and I do not like the direction it is going in.

Seriously, in many ways I don't really care anymore. It is as if the administration is no longer committed to the program and just lets it wander where ever it wants to go. Get the big paydays and beyond that, que sera sera. I'd give up my season tickets, but after 20+ years, and it being MY school, just can't walk away. Guess you can call me stubborn (or a fool). But damn, who cares anymore with the program in so much disarray.

Think I am going to be a long suffering fan for awhile.

RE: Can we please - Liam9903 - 11-18-2013 09:10 AM

How can you not care AND be suffering? Seriously though, we have a nice class coming in. The players seem to like Fleck, and we've got a year invested in this process. There is no good alternative except him getting it done. If we can get through signing day w/o any intrigue and fall practice next year without being decimated from injuries there is some reason to hope that 2014 could be a nice bounce back year. If its as bad as this year we need to bring in a new AD to hire the next coach. Fair?

RE: Can we please - Dirty Ernie - 11-18-2013 09:18 AM

(11-18-2013 09:10 AM)Liam9903 Wrote:  How can you not care AND be suffering? Seriously though, we have a nice class coming in. The players seem to like Fleck, and we've got a year invested in this process. There is no good alternative except him getting it done. If we can get through signing day w/o any intrigue and fall practice next year without being decimated from injuries there is some reason to hope that 2014 could be a nice bounce back year. If its as bad as this year we need to bring in a new AD to hire the next coach. Fair?

A year invested in the process? What is this process of which you speak? The 1 win 11 loss process? I'm willing to let that one go.

RE: Can we please - Liam9903 - 11-18-2013 09:20 AM

(11-18-2013 09:18 AM)Dirty Ernie Wrote:  
(11-18-2013 09:10 AM)Liam9903 Wrote:  How can you not care AND be suffering? Seriously though, we have a nice class coming in. The players seem to like Fleck, and we've got a year invested in this process. There is no good alternative except him getting it done. If we can get through signing day w/o any intrigue and fall practice next year without being decimated from injuries there is some reason to hope that 2014 could be a nice bounce back year. If its as bad as this year we need to bring in a new AD to hire the next coach. Fair?

A year invested in the process? What is this process of which you speak? The 1 win 11 loss process? I'm willing to let that one go.

2 recruiting classes and the same admin in place that hired him. If we start from scratch then we lose this top 50 class and the same AD hires the next coach. Plus we have to buy him out AND find money for a credible replacement.