CSNbbs
#OccupyStanford Agenda Mothership (all ideas for message spreading, topics, etc.) - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: AAC Conference Talk (/forum-409.html)
+---- Thread: #OccupyStanford Agenda Mothership (all ideas for message spreading, topics, etc.) (/thread-638612.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

#OccupyStanford Agenda Mothership (all ideas for message spreading, topics, etc.) - NBPirate - 07-02-2013 09:38 AM

Ok, we need an office for operations. Trying to do it in a live blog is hectic and ideas get lost. Here is my proposal for a media barrage and message spreading campaign.

1) Continue to occupy the Stanford blog as a home base

2) Take over headline stories on the home page that get more traffic, and thus would be a larger disruption to ESPN's operation

3) Set up email campaign to ESPN employees, media partners, etc.

4) Email local papers, national media (USA Today, CBS, NBC, SI, etc.) tell them the story

5) Social media barrage, share the comments section, hashtag the movement, create conversation with this platform

6) Inspire other small shop bloggers to cover the story, take up the AAC's case

7) Do not quit, never ever give up

RE: #OccupyStanford Agenda Mothership (all ideas for message spreading, topics, etc.) - NBPirate - 07-02-2013 09:42 AM

Please feel free to share what you think we should do, also, if anyone has a comprehensive list of ESPN employee's emails, please share in this forum. Thanks.

RE: #OccupyStanford Agenda Mothership (all ideas for message spreading, topics, etc.) - Bones N Skulls - 07-02-2013 09:52 AM

Start locally. We can start in NC with the David Glenn show. I'm sure DG would pick it up.

RE: #OccupyStanford Agenda Mothership (all ideas for message spreading, topics, etc.) - NBPirate - 07-02-2013 10:00 AM

(07-02-2013 09:52 AM)Bones N Skulls Wrote:  Start locally. We can start in NC with the David Glenn show. I'm sure DG would pick it up.

Done, emailed

RE: #OccupyStanford Agenda Mothership (all ideas for message spreading, topics, etc.) - b0ndsj0ns - 07-02-2013 10:04 AM

We are off to a good start. I've contacted Dan Woken and Awful Announcing on Twitter. We need to attach this from all angles.

RE: #OccupyStanford Agenda Mothership (all ideas for message spreading, topics, etc.) - 8BitPirate - 07-02-2013 10:04 AM

I see where people are organizing a "hit time" of noon for the ESPN SEC Blog site. COGS

RE: #OccupyStanford Agenda Mothership (all ideas for message spreading, topics, etc.) - NBPirate - 07-02-2013 10:07 AM

Storming the SEC lunchtime links will either create and enrage SEC fans or cause the racket that we're after, or both. Might lead to mass bans. Are you ready to be a martyr for the cause?!

#OccupyStanford Agenda Mothership (all ideas for message spreading, topics, etc.) - epark88 - 07-02-2013 10:08 AM

UConn folks are emailing/tweeting the Horde as I type, and responses are trickling in...

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

RE: #OccupyStanford Agenda Mothership (all ideas for message spreading, topics, etc.) - b0ndsj0ns - 07-02-2013 10:11 AM

(07-02-2013 10:07 AM)NBPirate Wrote:  Storming the SEC lunchtime links will either create and enrage SEC fans or cause the racket that we're after, or both. Might lead to mass bans. Are you ready to be a martyr for the cause?!

I've already been banned twice. You can pretty much create profiles for eternity unless they are going to resort to IP bans. If I don't get banned at least 2 times today then I pretty much failed.

RE: #OccupyStanford Agenda Mothership (all ideas for message spreading, topics, etc.) - NBPirate - 07-02-2013 10:12 AM

Banning people from public discussion is immature and Orwellian

RE: #OccupyStanford Agenda Mothership (all ideas for message spreading, topics, etc.) - 123az - 07-02-2013 10:15 AM

Well you've certainly got the attention of our President:

Santa J. Ono ‏@PrezOno 3h
The launch video for the American Athletic Conference
@espn how about reopening the blog? Stanford will appreciate
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XX8fcshVr20&sns=em

https://twitter.com/PrezOno

RE: #OccupyStanford Agenda Mothership (all ideas for message spreading, topics, etc.) - b0ndsj0ns - 07-02-2013 10:16 AM

(07-02-2013 10:15 AM)123az Wrote:  Well you've certainly got the attention of our President:

It's not going unnoticed. It may not work, but the second you start letting people take things from you without a fight is the day freedom dies.

RE: #OccupyStanford Agenda Mothership (all ideas for message spreading, topics, etc.) - SMUfrat - 07-02-2013 10:29 AM

I really like this effort guys. lets do everything we can here.

RE: #OccupyStanford Agenda Mothership (all ideas for message spreading, topics, etc.) - quo vadis - 07-02-2013 10:30 AM

(07-02-2013 10:12 AM)NBPirate Wrote:  Banning people from public discussion is immature and Orwellian

If someone has the power to ban, then it's obviously not a public discussion forum. It means someone owns it. 07-coffee3

RE: #OccupyStanford Agenda Mothership - FonzKnight - 07-02-2013 10:30 AM

(07-02-2013 10:16 AM)b0ndsj0ns Wrote:  
(07-02-2013 10:15 AM)123az Wrote:  Well you've certainly got the attention of our President:

It's not going unnoticed. It may not work, but the second you start letting people take things from you without a fight is the day freedom dies.

[Image: 34538358.jpg]

RE: #OccupyStanford Agenda Mothership (all ideas for message spreading, topics, etc.) - NBPirate - 07-02-2013 10:31 AM

(07-02-2013 10:30 AM)quo vadis Wrote:  
(07-02-2013 10:12 AM)NBPirate Wrote:  Banning people from public discussion is immature and Orwellian

If someone has the power to ban, then it's obviously not a public discussion forum. It means someone owns it. 07-coffee3

Obviously the forum is not public, however it is limiting free speech. Its very big brother'ish. Especially when I have ESPN employees visiting my LinkedIn.

RE: #OccupyStanford Agenda Mothership (all ideas for message spreading, topics, etc.) - johnbragg - 07-02-2013 10:34 AM

I just created an ESPN account under John558068, password AskAresco

Go nuts.

RE: #OccupyStanford Agenda Mothership (all ideas for message spreading, topics, etc.) - SuperFlyBCat - 07-02-2013 10:36 AM

12 noon we take over the SEC lunchtime links blog at ESPN.

RE: #OccupyStanford Agenda Mothership (all ideas for message spreading, topics, etc.) - NBPirate - 07-02-2013 10:38 AM

Just emailed DeadSpin

RE: #OccupyStanford Agenda Mothership (all ideas for message spreading, topics, etc.) - BullsFanInTX - 07-02-2013 10:41 AM

Someone needs to come up with a mass email list. I will email everyone on the list, it I knew who to send to.