CSNbbs
AK keeping his players under control at OleMiss I see - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Big12bbs (/forum-260.html)
+---- Forum: Big 12 Team Talk (/forum-783.html)
+----- Forum: The Gregory A. Ruehlmann Sr. Memorial Cincinnati Board (/forum-404.html)
+------ Forum: The Eric "Bearchatter" Painter Memorial Smack Forum (/forum-424.html)
+------ Thread: AK keeping his players under control at OleMiss I see (/thread-615595.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

AK keeping his players under control at OleMiss I see - Intimidate Dominate Celebrate - 01-27-2013 10:07 PM

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/blog/eye-on-college-basketball/21617167/afternoon-delight-weird-saturday-so-far-let-us-count-the-ways-

Some major taunting of the Auburn student section after hitting game winning FTs by Marshall Henderson

RE: AK keeping his players under control at OleMiss I see - Ragpicker - 01-28-2013 09:28 AM

(01-27-2013 10:07 PM)Intimidate Dominate Celebrate Wrote:  http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/blog/eye-on-college-basketball/21617167/afternoon-delight-weird-saturday-so-far-let-us-count-the-ways-

Some major taunting of the Auburn student section after hitting game winning FTs by Marshall Henderson

Thanks for posting. Reading the blog under the GIF is hysterical. I just lost 5 minutes of my life re-watching this video and loved every minute of it.

RE: AK keeping his players under control at OleMiss I see - Bearcats#1 - 01-28-2013 09:42 AM

figures...

RE: AK keeping his players under control at OleMiss I see - SuperFlyBCat - 01-28-2013 11:48 AM

Love it, awesome GIF. Henderson is a playa, leads the SEC is scoring.

[Image: IMG_3902_crop_exact.jpg?w=650&h=...p;amp;q=75]

RE: AK keeping his players under control at OleMiss I see - Crewdogz - 01-28-2013 02:51 PM

I have to agree with the one poster in comments... it's everything you both love and hate about sports... makes me think about Lazalle Durdin hitting the 3 free throws at the end of the Wyoming game while taunting the crowd...

RE: AK keeping his players under control at OleMiss I see - Coopdaddy67 - 01-28-2013 03:05 PM

(01-28-2013 02:51 PM)Crewdogz Wrote:  I have to agree with the one poster in comments... it's everything you both love and hate about sports... makes me think about Lazalle Durdin hitting the 3 free throws at the end of the Wyoming game while taunting the crowd...

03-shhhh

02-13-banana

RE: AK keeping his players under control at OleMiss I see - BearChatter v2.0 - 01-28-2013 04:38 PM

At first viewing, I hated it.

After watching it 10 or 30 times, I loved it. That takes balls.

RE: AK keeping his players under control at OleMiss I see - BearcatsUC - 01-28-2013 07:29 PM

Eh...a bunch of educated people acting like idiots. Kind of depressing that people think a game of basketball is important enough to act like that.

RE: AK keeping his players under control at OleMiss I see - ctipton - 01-28-2013 07:59 PM

(01-28-2013 07:29 PM)BearcatsUC Wrote:  Eh...a bunch of educated people acting like idiots. Kind of depressing that people think a game of basketball is important enough to act like that.

Even worse for the supposed "student/athlete" to rise to that point.

RE: AK keeping his players under control at OleMiss I see - bearcatdp - 01-28-2013 08:24 PM

Spot on analysis in that article though.

RE: AK keeping his players under control at OleMiss I see - bearcatmark - 01-28-2013 08:31 PM

Dude is bonkers, but a lot of fun to watch play basketball.

RE: AK keeping his players under control at OleMiss I see - BearcatsUC - 01-29-2013 09:23 AM

(01-28-2013 08:24 PM)bearcatdp Wrote:  Spot on analysis in that article though.

I actually thought the analysis was funny. It's like a train wreck - you really shouldn't look but can't help but not.

RE: AK keeping his players under control at OleMiss I see - Murph29 - 01-29-2013 10:33 AM

Taunting either way is stupid, kind of like a certain Marquette coach dancing around on the opponent's court after a game. I just hate that crap. Win on the road, shake hands and walk off the damn court. One thing I love about our kids is that when they win they just act like they've been there before. Anyway, I hope Ole Miss gives this kid a serious talking to. But AK can't win anyway. People on here in the past ripping him for not winning enough and suggesting he's on the verge of getting fired last year and the year before that. Now the guy has a team that is highly ranked and 17-2 and a kid grabbing his shirt in front of opposing fans at the end of a game is the big story. I'm more shocked about 6-0 in the conference. Granted it is early and things could always go south, but they actually look like a pretty talented team.

RE: AK keeping his players under control at OleMiss I see - levydl - 01-29-2013 11:47 AM

That kid can shoot and I like his edgy attitude, but that team is a product of the SEC being terrible this year. They did beat Missouri at home (I think Missouri is a bit overrated too), but they lost to two mid-majors or worse and had a bunch of close games against mediocre-to-bad teams in the SEC. Their resume isn't top 15 material. Bracketology (for whatever that is worth) has them as a 7 seed right now.

As far as UC players acting like they've been there before, they jump up in the student section and stuff like that after some wins. Not taunting like Henderson did, but not Barry Sanders flipping the football to the ref either. I like the enthusiasm.

RE: AK keeping his players under control at OleMiss I see - SuperFlyBCat - 01-29-2013 12:02 PM

(01-29-2013 11:47 AM)levydl Wrote:  That kid can shoot and I like his edgy attitude, but that team is a product of the SEC being terrible this year. They did beat Missouri at home (I think Missouri is a bit overrated too), but they lost to two mid-majors or worse and had a bunch of close games against mediocre-to-bad teams in the SEC. Their resume isn't top 15 material. Bracketology (for whatever that is worth) has them as a 7 seed right now.

As far as UC players acting like they've been there before, they jump up in the student section and stuff like that after some wins. Not taunting like Henderson did, but not Barry Sanders flipping the football to the ref either. I like the enthusiasm.

Ole Miss lost to MTSU RPI of 35, and Indiana St. RPI of 50.
2 of the best RPI games Ole Miss will have this year, better RPI than UK.
SEC is ranked #7, just a hair behind MWC.

RE: AK keeping his players under control at OleMiss I see - levydl - 01-29-2013 12:22 PM

(01-29-2013 12:02 PM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  
(01-29-2013 11:47 AM)levydl Wrote:  That kid can shoot and I like his edgy attitude, but that team is a product of the SEC being terrible this year. They did beat Missouri at home (I think Missouri is a bit overrated too), but they lost to two mid-majors or worse and had a bunch of close games against mediocre-to-bad teams in the SEC. Their resume isn't top 15 material. Bracketology (for whatever that is worth) has them as a 7 seed right now.

Ole Miss lost to MTSU RPI of 35, and Indiana St. RPI of 50.
2 of the best RPI games Ole Miss will have this year, better RPI than UK.
SEC is ranked #7, just a hair behind MWC.

Ole Miss hasn't played Florida yet, whose high ranking is keeping the SEC respectable.

RE: AK keeping his players under control at OleMiss I see - BearcatsUC - 01-29-2013 12:39 PM

(01-29-2013 10:33 AM)Murph29 Wrote:  But AK can't win anyway. People on here in the past ripping him for not winning enough and suggesting he's on the verge of getting fired last year and the year before that. Now the guy has a team that is highly ranked and 17-2 and a kid grabbing his shirt in front of opposing fans at the end of a game is the big story. I'm more shocked about 6-0 in the conference. Granted it is early and things could always go south, but they actually look like a pretty talented team.

7 years, no NCAA tournament invite. Contract extension wasn't renewed. Rumored to be candidate for the UAB job.

A lot of the grumbling about AK's performance came from Mississippi, not here.

There's hope for him this year, though. Great record, but RPI SOS is #122, and is 0-0 against Top 25, 1-2 against teams ranked 25-50 and is 4-0 against teams ranked 50-100. 9 of the 17 opponents are ranked lower than 200. His conference SOS thus far is 115.

Seems like a schedule designed for someone who may be on the ropes.

AK still has to battle Kentucky, Florida, LSU, Georgia, Alabama, A&M, South Carolina and a second game against Missouri. The SEC isn't the best basketball conference, so if I were to bet, this would be AK's year.

Speculation on my part; however, if he plays a tougher schedule, he ends up coaching a bubble team at best and looking for a job.

RE: AK keeping his players under control at OleMiss I see - Eastside_J - 01-29-2013 05:28 PM

(01-29-2013 12:39 PM)BearcatsUC Wrote:  
(01-29-2013 10:33 AM)Murph29 Wrote:  But AK can't win anyway. People on here in the past ripping him for not winning enough and suggesting he's on the verge of getting fired last year and the year before that. Now the guy has a team that is highly ranked and 17-2 and a kid grabbing his shirt in front of opposing fans at the end of a game is the big story. I'm more shocked about 6-0 in the conference. Granted it is early and things could always go south, but they actually look like a pretty talented team.

7 years, no NCAA tournament invite. Contract extension wasn't renewed. Rumored to be candidate for the UAB job.

A lot of the grumbling about AK's performance came from Mississippi, not here.

There's hope for him this year, though. Great record, but RPI SOS is #122, and is 0-0 against Top 25, 1-2 against teams ranked 25-50 and is 4-0 against teams ranked 50-100. 9 of the 17 opponents are ranked lower than 200. His conference SOS thus far is 115.

Seems like a schedule designed for someone who may be on the ropes.

AK still has to battle Kentucky, Florida, LSU, Georgia, Alabama, A&M, South Carolina and a second game against Missouri. The SEC isn't the best basketball conference, so if I were to bet, this would be AK's year.

Speculation on my part; however, if he plays a tougher schedule, he ends up coaching a bubble team at best and looking for a job.

Agreed.

As Led Zeppelin famously sang "all that glitters is not gold".

RE: AK keeping his players under control at OleMiss I see - Bearcat_Bounce - 01-29-2013 07:44 PM

Very down year even for SEC standards. I would like to see AK get into the tournament. It is very difficult to recruit to Ole Miss and I don't think he has an ace recruiter on staff. Not to mention his teams have been ravaged with injuries. I still think he is a pretty good in-game coach, or at least he was in his 1 year here. I think that may have had to do with that veteran squad.

RE: AK keeping his players under control at OleMiss I see - Murph29 - 01-29-2013 09:08 PM

Ok so his schedule sucks now and the SEC is weak this year. Again, let go of the bias for just a second and give a little credit where it is due. He's 17-2 and ranked 16th. Hes also coaching in a somewhat dead end program where it is hard to recruit and compete with the sec powers. Look, the guy has his warts and I'm not some AK worshipper. But he is a very good game coach and he's having a very good season.