CSNbbs
New basketball lineup? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Big12bbs (/forum-260.html)
+---- Forum: Future Members (/forum-1020.html)
+----- Forum: UCF (/forum-442.html)
+----- Thread: New basketball lineup? (/thread-582963.html)

New basketball lineup? - atsKnight - 08-20-2012 01:25 PM

Maybe I'm just a homer, but I'm starting to talk myself into being optimistic about the 2012 basketball team. With Crittle, Reed and Marcus gone, there is going to be a lot of room for young guys to get some playing time. While this is not as good as watching the Knights make another run at the tournament, it is not a disaster when you get to observe young guys develop. Hell, watching Sykes make the leap from defensive role player to gamechanger has been the most entertaining subplot of the past two seasons.

With that in mind, what does our lineup look like now? Obviously Clanton and Sykes are starters. Does Spurlock start at SF with Sykes and Walker in the backcourt and Blair/Karell splitting time at center? Or would Jones put Walker/Newell in the backcourt, Sykes at the 3 with Spurlock at 4 and Clanton playing as a small 5?

With Clanton giving up good opportunities to return, I can't see Jones moving him out of his natural PF slot for large amounts of time, but can Blair (6'9") and Karell (6'11") handle the load at center?

I think Jones is going to feel free to play around with the lineup this year, but right now I'm thinking:

C: Blair, Karell, with Clanton chipping in time
PF: Clanton with Wilson off the bench
SF: Sykes with Spurlock off the bench
SG: Newell with Sykes chipping in time
PG: Walker with Williams off the bench

Thoughts?