CSNbbs
Gruehls has passed away - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Archives (/forum-400.html)
+----- Forum: AACbbs Archives (/forum-418.html)
+----- Thread: Gruehls has passed away (/thread-544361.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Gruehls has passed away - ctipton - 12-28-2011 05:09 AM

Gregory A. RUEHLMANN Sr.

RUEHLMANN

Gregory A. Sr., beloved husband of Jean Ruehlmann (nee Ramsey). Beloved son of Eugene Ruehlmann and the late Virginia Ruehlmann. Loving father of Gregory Jr. (Diana), Amanda, Keith, and Jennifer Terry. Beloved brother of Virginia (David) Wiltse, Pete (Kathy) Ruehlmann, Margie (Thomas) Straus, Andrea (Dick) Cornett, James (Donna) Ruehlmann, Mark Ruehlmann, and Rick (Wendy) Ruehlmann. Dear friend of Adam Ruehlmann and Josh Hogan. Also survived by many nieces and nephews. Passed away Monday, December 26, 2011, at 56 years of age. Visitation at MEYER FUNERAL HOME, 5864 Bridgetown Road, on Friday, December 30, 2011, 10:30 AM until 1:30 PM. Mass following the visitation at St. Teresa of Avila Church, 1175 Overlook Avenue, (near Glenway) 2:00 PM. http://www.bjmeyersons.com

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/cincinnati/obituary.aspx?n=gregory-a-ruehlmann&pid=155224272

RE: Gruehls has passed away - chatcat - 12-28-2011 06:28 AM

What a terrible loss. My deepest condolences to his family. His wit and insight will be sorely missed, but beyond that his kindess to me several years ago will never be forgotten.

RE: Gruehls has passed away - Bearcatbdub - 12-28-2011 07:16 AM

Wow. Terrible loss.

I had figured his health was bad, but really had no idea.

My condolences to those who know him well.

RE: Gruehls has passed away - SuperFlyBCat - 12-28-2011 07:30 AM

(12-28-2011 07:16 AM)Bearcatbdub Wrote:  Wow. Terrible loss.

I had figured his health was bad, but really had no idea.

My condolences to those who know him well.

Same here. Talked to Greg a little off line. Super classy gentlemen.

RE: Gruehls has passed away - ClairtonPanther - 12-28-2011 07:33 AM

Sorry to hear about your loss, and sending out my condolences to his friends and family if they read this post.

I've talked to Greg via PM's several times. Great guy and he will definitely be missed on and off these boards.

RE: Gruehls has passed away - JPBearcat3 - 12-28-2011 07:37 AM

Never met the guy outside of this board, but I feel like I knew him personally. Just reading the thread title made my stomach turn.

Condolences to all of his friends and family. Feel like we just lost a legend...

RE: Gruehls has passed away - BearChatter v2.0 - 12-28-2011 07:41 AM

My condolences to all his family and friends also.

Merciful and understanding to me, even though he simply tolerated me. He was fair to me, and I know loved by many on this board, around Cincinnati, and Bearcat Nation.

Am I allowed to ask what health issue was the cause of his death?

RE: Gruehls has passed away - QSECOFR - 12-28-2011 07:46 AM

Throughout my life, Greg was easily one of the finest people that I have ever met. He will be missed in more ways than one can count.

RE: Gruehls has passed away - Bourgeois_Rage - 12-28-2011 07:50 AM

Simply a terrible loss. An outstanding man. He will be missed.

RE: Gruehls has passed away - THE BearcatBrent - 12-28-2011 07:55 AM

May he rest in peace.

RE: Gruehls has passed away - Bourgeois_Rage - 12-28-2011 08:00 AM

The board has been renamed in his honor after some early suggestions.

RE: Gruehls has passed away - JackieTreehorn - 12-28-2011 08:01 AM

Very sad news. Based on what's being said by those who knew him well, he must have been a fine gentleman.

RE: Gruehls has passed away - Bourgeois_Rage - 12-28-2011 08:29 AM

I've linked to this thread from the Charlotte forums. http://ninernation.net/index.php?topic=29963

RE: Gruehls has passed away - Powerbait - 12-28-2011 08:38 AM

(12-28-2011 08:29 AM)Bourgeois_Rage Wrote:  I've linked to this thread from the Charlotte forums. http://ninernation.net/index.php?topic=29963

Oh man, this is awful.

Every school should wish for a "wal-mart fan" like Greg. He certainly bridged the gap and turned the rivalry between our schools into a friendship. He also was a shining example of Cincinnati.

I'm pretty bummed, especially since we had fallen out of touch since the conference split. B_R, thanks for stopping by our board and sharing the news. I hope you are doing well. If Fanatical is still around, hope he is doing well also.

RE: Gruehls has passed away - HP49er - 12-28-2011 08:54 AM

Greg was a fine man. I will always remember the hospitality showed us back in on our trip to Cincinnati for Charlotte's final C-USA visit to the Shoe in January, 2005. He sent me a nice care package shortly after my heart bypass later that year that I have treasured over the years.

My sincerest condolences to Jean, the family, friends and Bearcat Nation.

RE: Gruehls has passed away - Butterfly - 12-28-2011 08:55 AM

Though we didn't get along, I'm sorry to hear a family man has died at that age.
Condolences to those who knew him.

RE: Gruehls has passed away - DDaddy - 12-28-2011 09:10 AM

I never met or spoke to him, but seemed to be clearly the smartest man in the room whenever he showed up on the forum.

My sincere condolences to his family and all here that new him well. It will be hard to imagine not seeing him first dissect, then destroy some of the more inane posts here.

RE: Gruehls has passed away - Powerbait - 12-28-2011 09:26 AM

I'll say, it is a sad thing for any Cincy fan who didn't get to spend time with Greg. He was one of the best ambassadors your school had. He even played nice with Memphis fans, and that's saying something.

RE: Gruehls has passed away - OneUChoopsfan - 12-28-2011 09:28 AM

(12-28-2011 07:46 AM)QSECOFR Wrote:  Throughout my life, Greg was easily one of the finest people that I have ever met. He will be missed in more ways than one can count.
Well-stated, Steve.

I was struggling with how to best capture my thoughts. I can't put it better than that.

RE: Gruehls has passed away - Ninerfan1 - 12-28-2011 09:28 AM

I ventured over to the Cincy board back in the cusa-talk days one day because all the cincy fans were mouthing on our board about how no one could smack talk like gruhels. I was still in college and thought I'd take him to school. I started a whole thread just to call him out. Have to say the guy was hysterical and made me look pretty bad. After that we would combine forces to talk junk to other team's fans, especially Memphis. He liked to call me Sundance, of course that made him Butch.

Met him finally at the Niner/Cincy game a couple of years later as we had agreed. We exchanged hats (he gave me a Cincy hat, I have him a Charlotte). The bet was whichever team lost one of us had to wear the other's hat out. We won that game and, good to his word, he wore it out.

After my first daughter was born he bought her a mini-Cincy ball. Greg was a class act in every way. I will miss him very much. This is a sad day. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family. RIP Greg.

MKNiner.