CSNbbs
Why not just Tennessee State University??? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CUSAbbs (/forum-514.html)
+---- Forum: CUSA Team Talk (/forum-432.html)
+----- Forum: Middle Tennessee (/forum-301.html)
+----- Thread: Why not just Tennessee State University??? (/thread-450750.html)

Why not just Tennessee State University??? - BigOwensboroCard - 09-03-2010 08:57 PM

Serious question here guys for I under stand why the name Middle Tenn. State for your location is smack in the middle of the state, but I always thought you guys would be better received if you changed to Tennessee State University. It has a much better ring to it, and sounds like a name that has been around for years rather than the initials MTSU. So why not just go with Tennessee State University or TSU for that sounds alot better IMO for it sounds like a flag ship school name rather than a mid-major. Again not trying to be snobby or any thing just curious, and I hope you guys keep growing for you and a few others I would like to see one day in a much bigger Big East conference down the road.

RE: Why not just Tennessee State University??? - USACoN2012 - 09-03-2010 09:01 PM

Ummm......

http://www.tnstate.edu/

RE: Why not just Tennessee State University??? - BigOwensboroCard - 09-03-2010 10:05 PM

Well I did not know that. Well sorry that I brought it up, but like I said I was curious.

RE: Why not just Tennessee State University??? - ImsogladIwenttotheUofM - 09-16-2010 12:24 AM

There was a West TN Normal School - U of Memphis
There was a Middle TN Normal School - MTSU
East TN Normal School - ETSU

There was a Normal School, a place where teachers got educated, in each of the three region of TN, West, Middle, East.

Since Memphis IS basically West TN, it became Memphis State...but You're a Card fan and don't give an "s' anyway, so...See you at the Pizza Stadium.

RE: Why not just Tennessee State University??? - Clarksville Raider - 11-02-2010 12:43 PM

There has been alot of talk lately about them changing the name to the University of Middle Tennessee.

RE: Why not just Tennessee State University??? - Blue Raiders 615 - 12-09-2010 03:02 PM

I really hope they do not change the name.

RE: Why not just Tennessee State University??? - Ole Blue - 10-05-2011 09:51 PM

I prefer Middle Tennessee State University. MTSU has a nicer ring to it than does UMT. Sounds too close to UNT for me =)

RE: Why not just Tennessee State University??? - Raider_Lope - 11-19-2017 11:19 AM

(10-05-2011 09:51 PM)Ole Blue Wrote:  I prefer Middle Tennessee State University. MTSU has a nicer ring to it than does UMT. Sounds too close to UNT for me =)

That'd also change the way the fans finish the touchdown chant.... M-T-S-U M-T-S-U, go, Raiders, go!

And.. I'd have to buy new shirts. :)

RE: Why not just Tennessee State University??? - JoeJag - 04-19-2020 02:14 PM

(09-03-2010 08:57 PM)BigOwensboroCard Wrote:  Serious question here guys for I under stand why the name Middle Tenn. State for your location is smack in the middle of the state, but I always thought you guys would be better received if you changed to Tennessee State University. It has a much better ring to it, and sounds like a name that has been around for years rather than the initials MTSU. So why not just go with Tennessee State University or TSU for that sounds alot better IMO for it sounds like a flag ship school name rather than a mid-major. Again not trying to be snobby or any thing just curious, and I hope you guys keep growing for you and a few others I would like to see one day in a much bigger Big East conference down the road.

How about Middle State University?05-stirthepot

Why not just Tennessee State University??? - ODUalum78 - 03-14-2022 12:53 PM

UT Midstate

Sent from my SM-S205DL using Tapatalk