CSNbbs
La Tech to the Belt - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+---- Thread: La Tech to the Belt (/thread-447892.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

La Tech to the Belt - FIUFan - 08-19-2010 10:42 AM

Just an unscientific poll as to the leanings of Sun Belt fans to accepting La Tech should it come to that. It could be them coming to us as the WAC finally goes under the waves or it could be us going to them to strengthen the conference and perhaps create a Champ. game.

Doesn't matter....La Tech; Yes or No

Also, please just Sun Belt fans vote as to not bias what little evidence this poll may provide. thanks.

RE: La Tech to the Belt: Poll - OwlFamily - 08-19-2010 10:48 AM

By itself no. Too much bad blood

Part of a package dealt with NMSU, Yes. The economics and scheduleing make sense bring us to 12 and killing of the WAC so we get more BCS pie money.

Too many variables for a straight up and down IMHO>

RE: La Tech to the Belt: Poll - Fanof49ASU - 08-19-2010 10:51 AM

That's painful to try and choose a category.
Yes they could be a benefit to the Belt in football, but they have trashed us since day 1. They had the opportunity to help build the SBC, but were too good for us. I just can't vote for them.....I guess it's a pride thing.....they should understand that.

RE: La Tech to the Belt: Poll - zeebart21 - 08-19-2010 10:57 AM

take em in a heartbeat! Through all their squawkin and bellyachin', they havent separated from squat....

Z

RE: La Tech to the Belt - T_Won1 - 08-19-2010 11:11 AM

It sure would make for some big-time rivalries wouldn't it? We would be HATED by ALL.

RE: La Tech to the Belt - tyler90wm - 08-19-2010 11:12 AM

While it might make sense to have them in our conference, I can't say I'd want them back; their fans are the most arrogant I've ever seen. I'm can't believe that some of their fans are still saying the the WAC (without Fresno, Nevada, and Boise) is still an equal or better conference to the Sun Belt.

RE: La Tech to the Belt - OwlFamily - 08-19-2010 11:13 AM

The WAC to survive is going to have to do what the 'Belt did in 04-05.

Pull up 2 FCS teams to stay viable.

That plants them as the new "Start up" confrence and the stigma attached to it.

RE: La Tech to the Belt - Fanof49ASU - 08-19-2010 11:14 AM

(08-19-2010 11:11 AM)T_Won1 Wrote:  It sure would make for some big-time rivalries wouldn't it? We would be HATED by ALL.

It would mean more bench-clearing brawls at ASU.

RE: La Tech to the Belt - MTPiKapp - 08-19-2010 11:22 AM

(08-19-2010 11:11 AM)T_Won1 Wrote:  It sure would make for some big-time rivalries wouldn't it? We would be HATED by ALL.

Only by those of us who frequent the message boards. You guys wouldn't win enough to be hated by the majority of Sun Belt football fans.03-lmfao

RE: La Tech to the Belt - SkullyMaroo - 08-19-2010 11:24 AM

It would benefit the Sun Belt...

But why would the Belt invite a cancer back into the league? If La-Tech were to re-join they would just jump at the first opportunity to get out of the Sun Belt again. Let them suffer. If they don't want in this league, and left the way they did, and acted they way they have towards us since they left, then piss on them and let them go down with the WAC ship.

RE: La Tech to the Belt - KAjunRaider - 08-19-2010 11:25 AM

I would have voted no, until I read ArkStFan's post about getting more money into the Belt by killing the WAC.

I, too, think NMSU should be added along with the Techsters. That would make UNT fans happy, as well.

RE: La Tech to the Belt - MTPiKapp - 08-19-2010 11:31 AM

(08-19-2010 11:25 AM)KAjunRaider Wrote:  That would make UNT fans happy, as well.

In what regard? Geography?

RE: La Tech to the Belt - ChrisULM - 08-19-2010 11:36 AM

I would take NMSU in a heart beat, but I would let Tech suffer in the WAC, die, and piss on their grave. This is a school that has done nothing but downtalk the Sunbelt at every turn. They wanted out of this conference; I say give them their wish.

RE: La Tech to the Belt - OsageJ - 08-19-2010 11:47 AM

(08-19-2010 11:31 AM)MTPiKapp Wrote:  
(08-19-2010 11:25 AM)KAjunRaider Wrote:  That would make UNT fans happy, as well.

In what regard? Geography?

Unless it would be a huge benefit to the Belt we should just leave the trash where it is......

RE: La Tech to the Belt - hawghiggs - 08-19-2010 12:16 PM

I didn't vote. But the Sunbelt should help Georgia state become FBS and tell LaTech to F@CK OFF.

RE: La Tech to the Belt - OwlFamily - 08-19-2010 12:20 PM

(08-19-2010 12:16 PM)hawghiggs Wrote:  I didn't vote. But the Sunbelt should help Georgia state become FBS and tell LaTech to F@CK OFF.

Heres the thing on that though.

At this stage I dont think the 'Belt should be lookig to ramp up FCS teams. They had to do that once in 05 and while it certainly benefited my school I think the timing is different here and now.

They needed F_U to SURVIVE. Now were in ENHANCE.

Let the WAC become the new FCS move up confrence in perception and reality.

RE: La Tech to the Belt - KAjunRaider - 08-19-2010 12:44 PM

Georgia State needs to go Wacky. Hell No to them in the SBC.

UNT fans would like a rival in NMSU, with their long history, according to their fans. Of course, Ruston is only about 4.5 hours or so from Denton.

RE: La Tech to the Belt: Poll - ManzanoWolf - 08-19-2010 12:44 PM

(08-19-2010 10:51 AM)Fanof49ASU Wrote:  That's painful to try and choose a category.
Yes they could be a benefit to the Belt in football, but they have trashed us since day 1. They had the opportunity to help build the SBC, but were too good for us. I just can't vote for them.....I guess it's a pride thing.....they should understand that.

Very easy for me . . . HELL NO to Loser Tech !!!

RE: La Tech to the Belt - MG61 - 08-19-2010 12:46 PM

(08-19-2010 12:44 PM)KAjunRaider Wrote:  Georgia State needs to go Wacky. Hell No to them in the SBC.

UNT fans would like a rival in NMSU, with their long history, according to their fans. Of course, Ruston is only about 4 hours or so from Denton.

New Mexico State would be a big plus for Belt basketball. Finished last year as #51 RPI and 21-11 record.

RE: La Tech to the Belt - MTPiKapp - 08-19-2010 12:51 PM

(08-19-2010 12:44 PM)KAjunRaider Wrote:  Georgia State needs to go Wacky. Hell No to them in the SBC.

UNT fans would like a rival in NMSU, with their long history, according to their fans. Of course, Ruston is only about 4.5 hours or so from Denton.

Yeah, I mean NMSU would be a nice return of an old rival, but Las Cruces is still significantly further from Denton than Lafayette, Monroe, Jonesboro and in this hypothetical scenario, Ruston.