CSNbbs
Doctors in mass medicare exodus in Texas - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Kyra Memorial Spin Room (/forum-540.html)
+---- Thread: Doctors in mass medicare exodus in Texas (/thread-435727.html)

Doctors in mass medicare exodus in Texas - georgia_tech_swagger - 05-19-2010 08:59 AM

"This new data shows the Medicare system is beginning to implode," said Dr. Susan Bailey, president of the Texas Medical Association. "If Congress doesn't fix Medicare soon, there'll be more and more doctors dropping out and Congress' promise to provide medical care to seniors will be broken."

More than 300 doctors have dropped the program in the last two years, including 50 in the first three months of 2010, according to data compiled by the Houston Chronicle. Texas Medical Association officials, who conducted the 2008 survey, said the numbers far exceeded their assumptions....

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/7009807.html

RE: Doctors in mass medicare exodus in Texas - Ninerfan1 - 05-19-2010 09:00 AM

Impossible. Obama fixed healthcare. Medicare is perfect now that he cut 500 billion from it.

What right wing extremist is spreading these lies?

RE: Doctors in mass medicare exodus in Texas - I45owl - 05-19-2010 09:27 AM

There's a lot more to this story than probably meets the eye. Texas doctors also left various HMO systems en masse over the past few years ... I think it's a pretty ****** up situation and my expectation is that the number of doctors in Texas is on a continued downwards trend over the next several years. That's just my perception, but I think it applies nationally as well.

RE: Doctors in mass medicare exodus in Texas - Hambone10 - 05-19-2010 11:45 AM

Good thing none of those 30mm newly covered patients will be in Texas looking for doctors 05-stirthepot

RE: Doctors in mass medicare exodus in Texas - RobertN - 05-19-2010 11:53 AM

(05-19-2010 08:59 AM)georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:  "This new data shows the Medicare system is beginning to implode," said Dr. Susan Bailey, president of the Texas Medical Association. "If Congress doesn't fix Medicare soon, there'll be more and more doctors dropping out and Congress' promise to provide medical care to seniors will be broken."

More than 300 doctors have dropped the program in the last two years, including 50 in the first three months of 2010, according to data compiled by the Houston Chronicle. Texas Medical Association officials, who conducted the 2008 survey, said the numbers far exceeded their assumptions....

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/7009807.html
We should just let Texass secede. All they do is ***** about everything.

RE: Doctors in mass medicare exodus in Texas - Rebel - 05-19-2010 12:26 PM

(05-19-2010 11:53 AM)RobertN Wrote:  We should just let Texass secede. All they do is ***** about everything.

I say we should divide this country into two parts, with the other forming their own country. The conservative states vs. the liberal states.

Oh, and you and I can fight in an octagon ring on PPV for who will retain D.C. and 'Ole Glory. After that, you liberals, ALL liberals, will have 24 hours to vacate downtown D.C.

You down? 05-stirthepot

RE: Doctors in mass medicare exodus in Texas - RobertN - 05-19-2010 12:41 PM

(05-19-2010 12:26 PM)Rebel Wrote:  
(05-19-2010 11:53 AM)RobertN Wrote:  We should just let Texass secede. All they do is ***** about everything.

I say we should divide this country into two parts, with the other forming their own country. The conservative states vs. the liberal states.

Oh, and you and I can fight in an octagon ring on PPV for who will retain D.C. and 'Ole Glory. After that, you liberals, ALL liberals, will have 24 hours to vacate downtown D.C.

You down? 05-stirthepot
That would be great for you! How many black slaves will you buy when it happens? Oh, I forgot. Why would anyone want to go south when all the beaches along the Gulf will be/are destroyed?

RE: Doctors in mass medicare exodus in Texas - DrTorch - 05-19-2010 01:52 PM

(05-19-2010 09:27 AM)I45owl Wrote:  There's a lot more to this story than probably meets the eye. Texas doctors also left various HMO systems en masse over the past few years ... I think it's a pretty ****** up situation and my expectation is that the number of doctors in Texas is on a continued downwards trend over the next several years. That's just my perception, but I think it applies nationally as well.

Yeah,

I think that's a pretty big concern, it's going to be tough to find MDs for patients. Heck, it already is in our area.

I see a couple of choices:

Import a bunch from around the world. That will be a great morale booster, and I'm sure the quality will be top notch.

Expedite the passing of baby boomers. When you add to this the cost savings for Social Security, I'd be a bit nervous if I were an old hippie.

RE: Doctors in mass medicare exodus in Texas - Ninerfan1 - 05-19-2010 02:17 PM

(05-19-2010 01:52 PM)DrTorch Wrote:  Import a bunch from around the world. That will be a great morale booster, and I'm sure the quality will be top notch.

Expedite the passing of baby boomers. When you add to this the cost savings for Social Security, I'd be a bit nervous if I were an old hippie.

I'd say importing is the most likely scenerio. We'll be forced to use those doctor's trained overseas because of the shortage here. I think it's safe to assume the quality of care will easily go down because of that, among other things.

RE: Doctors in mass medicare exodus in Texas - Hambone10 - 05-19-2010 05:51 PM

(05-19-2010 12:41 PM)RobertN Wrote:  
(05-19-2010 12:26 PM)Rebel Wrote:  

You down? 05-stirthepot
That would be great for you! How many black slaves will you buy when it happens? Oh, I forgot. Why would anyone want to go south when all the beaches along the Gulf will be/are destroyed?

Maybe, but since we won't need to import/refine any oil to heat the north, we can probably solve our imported energy problem.

RE: Doctors in mass medicare exodus in Texas - Brookes Owl - 05-19-2010 06:09 PM

(05-19-2010 01:52 PM)DrTorch Wrote:  Expedite the passing of baby boomers. When you add to this the cost savings for Social Security, I'd be a bit nervous if I were an old hippie.

[Image: soylent_green.gif]

RE: Doctors in mass medicare exodus in Texas - RobertN - 05-20-2010 02:39 AM

(05-19-2010 01:52 PM)DrTorch Wrote:  
(05-19-2010 09:27 AM)I45owl Wrote:  There's a lot more to this story than probably meets the eye. Texas doctors also left various HMO systems en masse over the past few years ... I think it's a pretty ****** up situation and my expectation is that the number of doctors in Texas is on a continued downwards trend over the next several years. That's just my perception, but I think it applies nationally as well.

Yeah,

I think that's a pretty big concern, it's going to be tough to find MDs for patients. Heck, it already is in our area.

I see a couple of choices:

Import a bunch from around the world. That will be a great morale booster, and I'm sure the quality will be top notch.

That is what the death panels are for. 03-lmfao Your first Torchy.