CSNbbs
Are you freakin serious? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Kyra Memorial Spin Room (/forum-540.html)
+---- Thread: Are you freakin serious? (/thread-391868.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Are you freakin serious? - Ninerfan1 - 10-09-2009 05:33 AM

Obama wins Nobel Prize

Amazing what you can accomplish by apologizing for America all over the world.

Then again the Nobel Peace Prize these days means about as much as employee of the month.

RE: Are you freakin serious? - WoodlandsOwl - 10-09-2009 06:44 AM

No kidding.

What conflict has he resolved, aside from whacking a couple of Somali Pirates? He hasn't brought "peace" to either Afghanistan or Iraq.

This will just embolden the big-eared half-Kenyan to "surrender" some more.

RE: Are you freakin serious? - STLouis Blazer - 10-09-2009 06:47 AM

Unbelievable. For someone who has accomplished so little, he has "accomplished" quite a bit.

RE: Are you freakin serious? - WoodlandsOwl - 10-09-2009 06:57 AM

01-wingedeagle Maybe ACORN stuffed the Nobel Ballot Box? He didn't do a damn thing before the deadline.

OSLO (AP) - President Barack Obama won the 2009 Nobel Peace Prize on Friday for "his extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples," the Norwegian Nobel Committee said, citing his outreach to the Muslim world and attempts to curb nuclear proliferation.

The stunning choice made Obama the third sitting U.S. president to win the Nobel Peace Prize and shocked Nobel observers because Obama took office less than two weeks before the Feb. 1 nomination deadline. Obama's name had been mentioned in speculation before the award but many Nobel watchers believed it was too early to award

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1009/28119.html#ixzz0TRHJ2xFY

RE: Are you freakin serious? - Fort Bend Owl - 10-09-2009 07:01 AM

I'm surprised too but you can't blame Obama on this one, folks. This one is squarely on the Nobel committee.

Maybe he won it because he beat out McCain and the world prefers a democratic US President?? IDK why he got it but it's probably not a good thing for America since Obama's ego will be stroked and lord knows, he already thinks he is the best president since Lincoln.

RE: Are you freakin serious? - DrTorch - 10-09-2009 07:03 AM

You can't make up stuff this stupid.

RE: Are you freakin serious? - DrTorch - 10-09-2009 07:11 AM

(10-09-2009 07:03 AM)DrTorch Wrote:  You can't make up stuff this stupid.

I take that back. This is a deliberate effort to put a stamp of approval on Obama's agenda. The world (or at least Eurabia) wants to see the US fail, to dismantle the "last superpower."

This is a concerted effort to give Obama momentum to wreak his havoc across the US.

RE: Are you freakin serious? - cb4029 - 10-09-2009 07:13 AM

Hehe

04-bolt

RE: Are you freakin serious? - WoodlandsOwl - 10-09-2009 07:16 AM

(10-09-2009 07:11 AM)DrTorch Wrote:  

I take that back. This is a deliberate effort to put a stamp of approval on Obama's agenda. The world (or at least Eurabia) wants to see the US fail, to dismantle the "last superpower."

This is a concerted effort to give Obama momentum to wreak his havoc across the US.

Glenn Beck comes on in 45 minutes. Tonight on his TV show you know he will have his chalk board out drawing the links between Obama and all the left wing "internationalist" groups that have traditionally opposed US Foreign Policy.

RE: Are you freakin serious? - DrTorch - 10-09-2009 07:21 AM

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091009/ap_on_re_eu/eu_nobel_peace_myths

Quote:Common misconceptions about the Nobel Peace Prize

• Myth: Candidates can be nominated until the last minute.

The nomination deadline is eight months before the announcement, with a strictly enforced deadline of Feb. 1.

Ok, so Obama earned the prize with the performance of his first 10.5 days?

RE: Are you freakin serious? - GGniner - 10-09-2009 08:11 AM

Arafat and Jimmy Carter won this "peace" prize, it has no credibility.

bunch of lunatics, you'd think they'd have enough partisian political smarts, to wait until 2012 to give him this award.

Of course, the plan may be to give it to him every year from here on out.

RE: Are you freakin serious? - Rebel - 10-09-2009 08:13 AM

Carter, Arafat, Gore, now Obama. Seems the Nobel committee is keeping up with the trend. BTW, they passed over Irena Sendler in favor of Gore. Google her. Nobel wept.

RE: Are you freakin serious? - GGniner - 10-09-2009 08:13 AM

(10-09-2009 07:11 AM)DrTorch Wrote:  

sadly, you're probably right.

I think it may backfire, politically, as most people watch this and 03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao at these pathetic fools

RE: Are you freakin serious? - Tripster - 10-09-2009 08:20 AM

All I can say is God Help Us All get thru this.

People better start opening their eyes to WHO this guy really is and stop the partisan bickering concerning him - - it is so much deeper than Party Lines that it is just scary.

So basically, a nearly Part Time Senator, that never hardly actually voted Up or Down as a Man should have on any Bills in the Congress because he was too much of a Coward and a 10 Day Old Presidency, wins him the Nobel Peace Prize ??????

Something is wrong in Paradise folks .......

RE: Are you freakin serious? - GGniner - 10-09-2009 08:22 AM

(10-09-2009 08:20 AM)Tripster Wrote:  .

All I can say is God Help Us All get thru this.

People better start opening their eyes to WHO this guy really is and stop the partisan bickering concerning him - - it is so much deeper than Party Lines that it is just scary.

So basically, a nearly Part Time Senator, that never hardly actually voted Up or Down as a Man should have on any Bills in the Congress because he was too much of a Coward and a 10 Day Old Presidency, wins him the Nobel Peace Prize ??????

Something is wrong in Paradise folks .......

Anyone want to take this to the Eschatology thread, feel free 03-wink

RE: Are you freakin serious? - GGniner - 10-09-2009 08:27 AM

Quote:Up Next: The Cy Young Award [Jonah Goldberg]

Several readers have made the same joke. The guy threw out the first pitch at the All Star Game, so why not?
03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao

RE: Are you freakin serious? - I45owl - 10-09-2009 09:32 AM

(10-09-2009 05:33 AM)Ninerfan1 Wrote:  Then again the Nobel Peace Prize these days means about as much as employee of the month.

The difference is that someone like RobertN could win the Nobel Peace Prize, but it's unlikely he'd ever win employee of the month.

What is the nominating process again?

(10-09-2009 07:01 AM)Fort Bend Owl Wrote:  Maybe he won it because he beat out McCain and the world prefers a democratic US President??

I agree that this is pure partisanship.

I hope everyone else that has been critical of you in the past appreciates your frankness and honesty as much as most Owl fans do.

I would take partial exception to this notion:

(10-09-2009 07:01 AM)Fort Bend Owl Wrote:  I'm surprised too but you can't blame Obama on this one, folks. This one is squarely on the Nobel committee.

Someone had to nominate him, and ABC said that the nomination was 8 days into his tenure in office. Who in the hell had the hubris to nominate this president at that stage? If it's anything other than The Onion, I do blame them. If it was the whitehouse, then :sylviaplath:

RE: Are you freakin serious? - WoodlandsOwl - 10-09-2009 09:41 AM

(10-09-2009 09:32 AM)I45owl Wrote:  
(10-09-2009 05:33 AM)Ninerfan1 Wrote:  Then again the Nobel Peace Prize these days means about as much as employee of the month.

The difference is that someone like RobertN could win the Nobel Peace Prize, but it's unlikely he'd ever win employee of the month.

(10-09-2009 07:01 AM)Fort Bend Owl Wrote:  Maybe he won it because he beat out McCain and the world prefers a democratic US President??

I hope everyone else that has been critical of you in the past appreciates your frankness and honesty as much as most Owl fans do.

(10-09-2009 07:01 AM)Fort Bend Owl Wrote:  I'm surprised too but you can't blame Obama on this one, folks. This one is squarely on the Nobel committee.

Someone had to nominate him, and ABC said that the nomination was 8 days into his tenure in office. Who in the hell had the hubris to nominate this president at that stage? If it's anything other than The Onion, I do blame them. If it was the whitehouse, then :sylviaplath:

Do you think he will accept the award? If so, he is pure, unadulterated arrogance.

This will come back to bite him on the ass.

RE: Are you freakin serious? - TheDancinMonarch - 10-09-2009 09:47 AM

(10-09-2009 09:41 AM)WMD Owl Wrote:  
(10-09-2009 09:32 AM)I45owl Wrote:  

Do you think he will accept the award? If so, he is pure, unadulterated arrogance.

This will come back to bite him on the ass.

Will he accept it? Of course he will. And he'll do it in an hour-long speech where he tells us how deserving he was to win.

RE: Are you freakin serious? - I45owl - 10-09-2009 09:47 AM

(10-09-2009 09:41 AM)WMD Owl Wrote:  Do you think he will accept the award?

03-lmfao He accepted the presidency, didn't he? Why would this be different from his perspective?

The irony of SNL doing a skit a few days before this about how he had done nothing is pretty sweet. As is the irony of the timing of Avigdor Lieberman's statement that anyone who things that a long term Israeli-Palestinian Peace agreement is possible in the short term is deluding himself (by "short term", he's probably thinking 15 years minimum). I would just love to be in an Israeli bar when this announcement came through.