CSNbbs
Good article re: Google & Antitrust - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Kyra Memorial Spin Room (/forum-540.html)
+---- Thread: Good article re: Google & Antitrust (/thread-376713.html)

Good article re: Google & Antitrust - Artifice - 07-08-2009 10:03 AM

http://www.cnn.com/2009/TECH/07/08/anderson.google.antitrust.law/index.html

Here's one where I disagree with the antitrust side. Google gives away its primary services and only charges for true premium services. I dont think anti-trust applies. Besides, there is competition against Microsoft.

I think this issue will become a bigger deal in a few years as more and more web based businesses switch to a "freemium" model (think all intangible services... where much of our weak economic growth is occurring). The public won't catch onto this issue for at least 3 years.

RE: Good article re: Google & Antitrust - BlazerFan11 - 07-08-2009 11:55 AM

They also want to investigate the wireless carriers too (despite prices falling while services increased). It makes you wonder if they even know what the antitrust laws are about.

RE: Good article re: Google & Antitrust - Tripster - 07-08-2009 12:46 PM

They don't really want to know what Anti-Trust means.

If they did, then some of their coziest lobby groups would dry up on them or would go negative on them and they can't let that happen.

Most of the top Anti-Trust Violators we have right now, are the ones who either Directly Own an MSM/MSP Outlet or is into the MSM with Huge Shares in play.

Congress and Justice do not want to rock any boats with all that "Fun Money" at stake. All of D.C. would go berserk.

And we see that Microsoft STILL Packages Internet Explorer into the Code of All Flavors of Windows, just like it did Before the Costly and Worthless Anti-Trust Suit the Feds brought against it.

Absolutely Zero changed at Microsoft and the Government ended up looking weak and like a fool .... it hurt the Government and really did nothing to harm or weaken Microsoft.

It showed other Gigantic Corporations just how to beat the System rather than the Government showing how it would take you on and stop you from becoming a behemoth that was so powerful, that you could trample smaller companies into dust and keep doing business as usual.

It was an embarrassment, a bad decision, and it was a horribly worked case against Microsoft that was witnessed by the entire Free World.

RE: Good article re: Google & Antitrust - GGniner - 07-08-2009 12:49 PM

I'll think they are serious about true anti-trust violations when they start applying it to Unions

RE: Good article re: Google & Antitrust - SumOfAllFears - 07-08-2009 01:17 PM

They need to go after Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, AIG, Federal Reserve, They are the biggest monopolies on the planet. Well maybe not the planet -- De Beers would be right up there.