CSNbbs
You can't be serious? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Kyra Memorial Spin Room (/forum-540.html)
+---- Thread: You can't be serious? (/thread-376494.html)

Pages: 1 2

You can't be serious? - zeebart21 - 07-06-2009 11:56 AM

http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktla-sharpton-jackson-stamp,0,2019426.story

RE: You can't be serious? - cb4029 - 07-06-2009 11:59 AM

(07-06-2009 11:56 AM)zeebart21 Wrote:  http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktla-sharpton-jackson-stamp,0,2019426.story

Sharpton needs to STHU. I can see a stamp, but a day of mourning.03-confused Didn't we just have a week of it. 05-stirthepot

RE: You can't be serious? - RobertN - 07-06-2009 11:59 AM

(07-06-2009 11:56 AM)zeebart21 Wrote:  http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktla-sharpton-jackson-stamp,0,2019426.story
I can kind of understand a postage stamp but a day of mourning? That is rediculous.

RE: You can't be serious? - SumOfAllFears - 07-06-2009 12:17 PM

Postage Stamp, NuHuh, His image on Toilet Paper would be fitting. Or his image on some -- Get in my car, son, candy.

RE: You can't be serious? - smn1256 - 07-06-2009 12:22 PM

Unbelievable. Instead of dying in prison for diddling little boys nutbag Sharpton wants to put him on a stamp. Can you imagine how happy MJ would be knowing people, and possibly little boys, will be licking his back side?

BTW, why is Sharpton and Jesse involved with all this anyway? MJ turned himself into a white guy a long time ago.

RE: You can't be serious? - GrayBeard - 07-06-2009 12:26 PM

(07-06-2009 12:22 PM)smn1256 Wrote:  BTW, why is Sharpton and Jesse involved with all this anyway? MJ turned himself into a white guy a long time ago.
Any chance they can get their name in the news....they take it.

RE: You can't be serious? - supertiger - 07-06-2009 01:57 PM

(07-06-2009 12:26 PM)GrayBeard Wrote:  
(07-06-2009 12:22 PM)smn1256 Wrote:  BTW, why is Sharpton and Jesse involved with all this anyway? MJ turned himself into a white guy a long time ago.

The most dangerous place in the world is between Al Sharpton and a news crew.

RE: You can't be serious? - T-Monay820 - 07-06-2009 02:24 PM

I could see a stamp, especially reading that part about the value of Jackson "memorabilia" and the crunch for money by the USPS. Not saying I agree with it, but I could see it happening given that information.

RE: You can't be serious? - Paul M - 07-06-2009 05:38 PM

Lets put Manson, Bundy, Gacy, Petterson and every other sick f*ck on stamps too!

RE: You can't be serious? - dwr0109 - 07-06-2009 08:26 PM

We have a winner.

RE: You can't be serious? - WoodlandsOwl - 07-06-2009 10:28 PM

(07-06-2009 01:57 PM)supertiger Wrote:  

Nope, its between Sheila Jackson Lee and/or Cynthia McKinney and a news crew.

RE: You can't be serious? - Tripster - 07-06-2009 10:39 PM

(07-06-2009 10:28 PM)WMD Owl Wrote:  
(07-06-2009 01:57 PM)supertiger Wrote:  

Nope, its between Sheila Jackson Lee and/or Cynthia McKinney and a news crew.

I don't think the IDF or Mossad is giving too much TV Face Time to Lady McKinney as she sits right where she belongs.

But then the Israelis may make a Reality Show out of her Stupid Ass ... 03-lmfao 03-lmfao 03-lmfao

Jesse and Al will be on the Case as soon as they lay their So Very Good Friend MJ to rest.

These guys have absolutely NO SHAME AT ALL.

RE: You can't be serious? - Artifice - 07-07-2009 03:54 PM

I am really tired of all the Michael Jackson coverage. Especially CNN (good lord look at their home page). Please let today be it for a long while.

The whole thing just strikes me as forced/wrong. It isn't so much about his alleged criminal past (that creeps me out), it's the timing of all the reactions. A lot of people will tell me this is the way the news cycle is supposed to work, but I disagree. Immediately after he croaked, there were definitely reports, but no outlet seemed to know how big of a deal it was. Then it's like they all collectively decided a week or two later that this is some huge cultural moment, when really, he was just a washed up alleged pedo who hadnt had a hit record in over 15 years. Didnt someone at his service today say something ridiculous about him being the most important entertainer of all time? Holy Hyperbole Batman.

RE: You can't be serious? - Tripster - 07-07-2009 07:36 PM

Well when you are rotting away in the Boonies and the only things you have to keep you sane are C-Rations (MRE's to you Rookies) and Music, you tend to start living your life by flowing with the Music.

I don't really care how people believe MJ and others who got up there and sang their hearts out for me out in those Boonies ended up ... all I know is I have lived my life on 'Their' Music and can name you a Time, Experience, and Place where I heard one of these guys songs while enjoying life and for me, Enjoying Life comes very hard and with a lot of cost added on.

It is like "Eddie Wilson" said, "Words and Music, Words and Music" (and yeah, I know there was never a real Eddie Wilson, but it doesn't make the Quote any less powerful)

When you turn on the Radio as your cruisin', you listen for these Performers and you Drift Back to what your thoughts perceive as a "Better Moment in Time" and those are so Rare for some of us.

And it just so happens the J5 and MJ in his solo days were a part of that for me.

I hate what happened to him and wish it never did.

I miss Jim Morrison, Jimi Hendrix, Terry Kath, Pete Ham, Harry Chapin, Karen Carpenter, oh MAN I miss Marvin Gaye, Donny Hathaway, and scores of others.

When I hear their Music, I don't think about the Bad that Surrounds Them, but rather the GOOD they filled me with in some VERY BAD TIMES and PLACES.

No matter how MJ ended up, he is someones Son, Brother, Father, and Friend .... the least they could do is let him go in Some Semblance of Peace for his Families sake.

RE: You can't be serious? - smn1256 - 07-07-2009 09:32 PM

(07-07-2009 03:54 PM)Artifice Wrote:  I am really tired of all the Michael Jackson coverage. Especially CNN (good lord look at their home page). Please let today be it for a long while.

The whole thing just strikes me as forced/wrong. It isn't so much about his alleged criminal past (that creeps me out), it's the timing of all the reactions. A lot of people will tell me this is the way the news cycle is supposed to work, but I disagree. Immediately after he croaked, there were definitely reports, but no outlet seemed to know how big of a deal it was. Then it's like they all collectively decided a week or two later that this is some huge cultural moment, when really, he was just a washed up alleged pedo who hadnt had a hit record in over 15 years. Didnt someone at his service today say something ridiculous about him being the most important entertainer of all time? Holy Hyperbole Batman.

I agree completely. It's funny how Brooke Shields broke down even though she hasn't seen him since 1991. And why was Sharpton and J Jackson there? MJ was supposedly a Muslim!

Magic Johnson made a fool of himself when he said the most important moment in his life was when he ate Kentucky Fried Chicken on the floor with MJ.

RE: You can't be serious? - Owl 69/70/75 - 07-07-2009 11:46 PM

I am in the Seychelles Islands, and the whole thing was carried here on live TV on four channels--CNN, another English feed (which I think may have been the English language editioin of al-Jezira), a French translation feed, and a feed that best I can tell was in Seychellois (a form of Creole pidgin French).

If anything I think the fascination with MJ is even greater overseas.

RE: You can't be serious? - Tripster - 07-08-2009 09:09 AM

I did not watch the Memorial at all ..... it just seems sorta "Dark" to spy on a persons Funeral.

But I did get to see his Beautiful Daughter tell her Dad goodbye and it crushed my heart.

Throw away all the Ugly Baggage and Gutter Junk and take a look at a Daughter that is Broken Down by her Fathers Death and the Regular Human side comes into the light.

Death of a Loved one is a Personal Thing and the Glommers seem to want to make it a Spectacle for some odd reason.

I guess the Die Hard Fans need this to soothe some inner rip in their souls or some such thing - - I just believe the man needs to be laid to rest so his Family can go back to restructuring them selves without MJ in their lives.

Death and I are old buddies and I guess I have a different take on how an Ending Should be played out.

RE: You can't be serious? - Artifice - 07-08-2009 10:07 AM

(07-07-2009 09:32 PM)smn1256 Wrote:  Magic Johnson made a fool of himself when he said the most important moment in his life was when he ate Kentucky Fried Chicken on the floor with MJ.

I was embarassed for him, and for setting black people back 30 years in less than 1 minute.

RE: You can't be serious? - uhmump95 - 07-08-2009 12:03 PM

(07-08-2009 10:07 AM)Artifice Wrote:  
(07-07-2009 09:32 PM)smn1256 Wrote:  Magic Johnson made a fool of himself when he said the most important moment in his life was when he ate Kentucky Fried Chicken on the floor with MJ.

I was embarassed for him, and for setting black people back 30 years in less than 1 minute.
Obviously you two missed the point he was making. He was surprised that a big star like Michael Jackson actually ate KFC.

Everyone knows the black people and chickens are quite fond of one another, therefore I do not see how the statement set us back.

RE: You can't be serious? - Rebel - 07-08-2009 12:19 PM

(07-08-2009 12:03 PM)uhmump95 Wrote:  Everyone knows the black people and chickens are quite fond of one another, therefore I do not see how the statement set us back.

I don't see how that became necessarily a black thing. Same with watermelon. I'd assign it more to the southern culture in general. Nothing beats fried chicken and watermelon on a hot sunny day. I did kinda grew out of the sweet tea deal though.

Brings me to another point. "Soul Day". This was Thursday at the mess hall. I guess a buncha yankee spoons, through their own prejudices, decided to come up with food to serve that they thought celebrated black culture. First time I ate it, I had to check my skin. They were serving the same damn thing I had eaten for my entire life. BBQ chicken, ribs, corn on the cob, etc.