CSNbbs
"I'll never raise taxes on the low and middle class" - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Kyra Memorial Spin Room (/forum-540.html)
+---- Thread: "I'll never raise taxes on the low and middle class" (/thread-360755.html)

"I'll never raise taxes on the low and middle class" - West Is the Best - 04-01-2009 08:23 PM

Yea, right.

And who do you think the majority of smokers are?

RE: "I'll never raise taxes on the low and middle class" - smn1256 - 04-01-2009 08:29 PM

West, here in Cali we have the governator saying on film many, many times his promise to not raise taxes if elected. A few months ago he created the largest state tax hike in the history of the country on a state that already had the highest taxes in the country.

And to your point, the largest percentage of smokers are almost certainly the low and middle class and they just got pounded with a huge increase.

RE: "I'll never raise taxes on the low and middle class" - SumOfAllFears - 04-03-2009 08:04 AM

ObamaMessiah is a deceitful person. Dems are now saying that the tax he was referring to was income tax. The MSM is running cover for this story as well.

Roll our own, bulk tobacco. That is next. Along with liquor, guns and ammo.

RE: "I'll never raise taxes on the low and middle class" - Fo Shizzle - 04-03-2009 08:22 AM

Do not these fools in power understand that by increasing the money supply they have stolen from the value of "everyone's" existing fiat dollars. The poor and middle class actually are hurt the most by this vile policy, since they have the least amount of disposable income. Printing worthless money is inflation. Inflation is essentially a hidden tax.

RE: "I'll never raise taxes on the low and middle class" - SumOfAllFears - 04-03-2009 08:52 AM

(04-03-2009 08:22 AM)Fo Shizzle Wrote:  Do not these fools in power understand that by increasing the money supply they have stolen from the value of "everyone's" existing fiat dollars. The poor and middle class actually are hurt the most by this vile policy, since they have the least amount of disposable income. Printing worthless money is inflation. Inflation is essentially a hidden tax.

Yes they know it. but they do no care, they already got theirs. They can profit from the suffering.

RE: "I'll never raise taxes on the low and middle class" - Fo Shizzle - 04-03-2009 09:26 AM

(04-03-2009 08:52 AM)SumOfAllFears Wrote:  
(04-03-2009 08:22 AM)Fo Shizzle Wrote:  Do not these fools in power understand that by increasing the money supply they have stolen from the value of "everyone's" existing fiat dollars. The poor and middle class actually are hurt the most by this vile policy, since they have the least amount of disposable income. Printing worthless money is inflation. Inflation is essentially a hidden tax.

Yes they know it. but they do no care, they already got theirs. They can profit from the suffering.

Honestly, I really don't think many of them have the curiosity to even explore basic economic theory and certainly have no clue as to the danger that having a fiat currency poses. They are statists. They believe that government is good and can solve problems. They are wrong on both beliefs.