CSNbbs
Owl 69/70/75.. Here is your Israeli Ultimatum on Iran.. - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Kyra Memorial Spin Room (/forum-540.html)
+---- Thread: Owl 69/70/75.. Here is your Israeli Ultimatum on Iran.. (/thread-360741.html)

Pages: 1 2

Owl 69/70/75.. Here is your Israeli Ultimatum on Iran.. - WoodlandsOwl - 04-01-2009 07:50 PM

The Israeli "behind the scenes" approach apparently isn't working with Obama's NSC team (or isn't working fast enough). Knowing Obama he will try to talk the Russians and UN into going for stronger sanctions (which of course won't work and won't happen)

The clock is ticking...

While Netanyahu is a Hawk, for him to come out like this means the IDF pretty much has its attack plan finalized. I still think it makes more sense to take out the Ayatollahs in a decapitation strike instead of trying to take out underground nuclear installations.

The primary imperative for the United States and President Barack Obama is to put an end to Iran's nuclear race, Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu said before his swearing-in Tuesday, adding that if the US failed to do so Israel might be forced to resort to a military strike on the Islamic Republic's nuclear installations.

The Obama presidency has two great missions: fixing the economy, and preventing Iran from gaining nuclear weapons," Netanyahu told The Atlantic. The Iranian drive for a nuclear weapon was a "hinge of history," he said, emphasizing that all of "Western civilization" was responsible for preventing an Iranian bomb.

"You don't want a messianic apocalyptic cult controlling atomic bombs," Netanyahu said of the Iranian regime. "When the wide-eyed believer gets hold of the reins of power and the weapons of mass death, then the entire world should start worrying, and that is what is happening in Iran."

Netanyahu suggested that Israeli preemptive strikes against perceived threats were the result of the Jewish people learning from a long history of grappling against those who threatened their collective existence. He cited Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's repeated calls to "wipe Israel off the map," as well as a recent remark by the country's supreme leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, to the effect that Israel was a "cancerous tumor."

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1238562879456&pagename=JPost%2FJPArticle%2FShowFull

RE: Owl 69/70/75.. Here is your Israeli Ultimatum on Iran.. - Owl 69/70/75 - 04-01-2009 08:02 PM

My first blush is that this means that Saudi flight space is a done deal.

Netanyahu is a hawk but he's not the kind of hawk to go running his mouth unless he can back it up. WMD/Reb/anybody got any thoughts on that?

RE: Owl 69/70/75.. Here is your Israeli Ultimatum on Iran.. - Rebel - 04-01-2009 08:10 PM

Yes, he can back it up. There's a reason there were NO terrorist attacks on Israel during his last tenure. His reputation alone is enough to make the Muzzies think twice. He not only can back it up, he will take action if need be. The adults are now back in charge of Israel.

RE: Owl 69/70/75.. Here is your Israeli Ultimatum on Iran.. - WoodlandsOwl - 04-01-2009 08:11 PM

(04-01-2009 08:02 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  My first blush is that this means that Saudi flight space is a done deal.

The Saudis better be ready for the Iranian air counter-attack on their oil infrastructure, tankers in the Gulf, etc. Oil futures will skyrocket.

RE: Owl 69/70/75.. Here is your Israeli Ultimatum on Iran.. - Rebel - 04-01-2009 08:13 PM

(04-01-2009 08:11 PM)WMD Owl Wrote:  
(04-01-2009 08:02 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  My first blush is that this means that Saudi flight space is a done deal.

The Saudis better be ready for the Iranian air counter-attack on their oil infrastructure, tankers in the Gulf, etc. Oil futures will skyrocket.

I'm not sure the Iranians want to tangle with our Superhornets and Falcons. ..not if this is what they're pimping as their "advanced fighter":

RE: Owl 69/70/75.. Here is your Israeli Ultimatum on Iran.. - Owl 69/70/75 - 04-01-2009 08:19 PM

Israel has a class of three submarines--the Dolphin class--that are capable of launching Jerichos and/or nuke Tomahawks. They are painted a deep aqua/dark green rather than the traditional black. The official explanation is to make visual detection harder in the eastern Med. I've hunted subs in the Med and also in the Gulf. I don't recall any visual detections in the Med, but the combination of shallow water, incredibly clear water, and wretched sonar conditions in the Gulf meant that we had about as many visual detects as sonar detects.

If I were Obama, I'd want to know where the Dolphins are at all times.

RE: Owl 69/70/75.. Here is your Israeli Ultimatum on Iran.. - Owl 69/70/75 - 04-01-2009 08:19 PM

(04-01-2009 08:11 PM)WMD Owl Wrote:  

Yep.

But that's the most likely Iranian response regardless of whether the Saudis cooperate or not. So the Saudis might as well make it easy for Israel to take out as much as possible of Iran's capability.

RE: Owl 69/70/75.. Here is your Israeli Ultimatum on Iran.. - Rebel - 04-01-2009 08:36 PM

(04-01-2009 08:19 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  If I were Obama, I'd want to know where the Dolphins are at all times.

If Obama is concerned about the Israeli dolphins, while trying to offer concessions to the Taliban and open up talks with Iran and Cuba, "I'm" concerned. Israel isn't our problem.

RE: Owl 69/70/75.. Here is your Israeli Ultimatum on Iran.. - Owl 69/70/75 - 04-01-2009 08:37 PM

I'd still want to know where they were, because as soon as they launch, we're going to be helping defend the Saudi oil fields.

RE: Owl 69/70/75.. Here is your Israeli Ultimatum on Iran.. - smn1256 - 04-01-2009 08:44 PM

(04-01-2009 07:50 PM)WMD Owl Wrote:  The Obama presidency has two great missions: fixing the economy, and preventing Iran from gaining nuclear weapons," Netanyahu told The Atlantic.

Obama is f**king up the first one. Any guess on his success on the 2nd? Considering how incompetent and inexperienced Obama is I'm surprised Netanyahu is placing his trust in him - unless it's for show. If I remember correcty, during the campaign Obama reached out more to Iran than he did to Israel and he seemed to reach out to them only after people started bitching about it. Maybe Obama should impose a tax on Iranian nukes like he did with our smokes.

RE: Owl 69/70/75.. Here is your Israeli Ultimatum on Iran.. - Owl 69/70/75 - 04-01-2009 08:46 PM

Thinking it over, oil may spike less than we think. A lot of the speculation bubble last year was based on the expectation that prices would go to $200 in a couple of years, and you could buy crude and store it for about $1/month per barrel. So there's a bunch of oil that was bought for future use and is sitting. That could come back into play quickly.

RE: Owl 69/70/75.. Here is your Israeli Ultimatum on Iran.. - Rebel - 04-01-2009 08:48 PM

(04-01-2009 08:44 PM)smn1256 Wrote:  Considering how incompetent and inexperienced Obama is I'm surprised Netanyahu is placing his trust in him - unless it's for show. If I remember correcty, during the campaign Obama reached out more to Iran than he did to Israel and he seemed to reach out to them only after people started bitching about it. Maybe Obama should impose a tax on Iranian nukes like he did with our smokes.

Bibi knows what he's doing and I can assure you, he's not going to place the security of his nation in Obama's hands. I fear for my own country's security in his hands. Two headlines today were 1) Clinton offers olive branch to Taliban, 2) Taliban threatens attack on D.C.

Amateur hour in Washington? You make the call. I didn't believe in reincarnation before, but I have now come to the conclusion that the former Neville Chamberlain walks among us.

RE: Owl 69/70/75.. Here is your Israeli Ultimatum on Iran.. - Tripster - 04-01-2009 08:53 PM

(04-01-2009 08:36 PM)Rebel Wrote:  If Obama is concerned about the Israeli dolphins, while trying to offer concessions to the Taliban and open up talks with Iran and Cuba, "I'm" concerned. Israel isn't our problem.

Well you have got to think that the Israelis are fed the fuk up with being told what to do Militarily and about their Sovereign Right to Defend them selves.

And now that the Ultimate Appeaser is "In Da Houze", Israel is not going to play puzzy-foot or Fisting for Dollars with Obambi ....

And if Israel sees it needs to knock on the Unites States Door to get some proper attention and respect on this matter, then yeah, I believe they will do just that.

After all, Israel knows what this Clown is to the World and they are not going to put up with his indignant stupidity in shape, form, or fashion.

I do believe that the Israeli Faux Diplomacy toward U.S. demands on them to take sh't from Radical Islamic Retards has about ran its due course .....

RE: Owl 69/70/75.. Here is your Israeli Ultimatum on Iran.. - WoodlandsOwl - 04-01-2009 09:58 PM

(04-01-2009 08:19 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  Israel has a class of three submarines--the Dolphin class--that are capable of launching Jerichos and/or nuke Tomahawks. They are painted a deep aqua/dark green rather than the traditional black. The official explanation is to make visual detection harder in the eastern Med. I've hunted subs in the Med and also in the Gulf. I don't recall any visual detections in the Med, but the combination of shallow water, incredibly clear water, and wretched sonar conditions in the Gulf meant that we had about as many visual detects as sonar detects.

If I were Obama, I'd want to know where the Dolphins are at all times.

They only have three submarines. I would guess one is in the Red Sea watching the Iranian freighters offloading arms in Sudan bound for Gaza while one is off the coast of Iran. It doesn't really matter because those cruise missiles have a range of at least 1500 Km--well within range of Iranian targets at either location.

RE: Owl 69/70/75.. Here is your Israeli Ultimatum on Iran.. - GGniner - 04-01-2009 10:01 PM

Netanyahu is awesome, nice timing the Israelies growing a pair as the Americans cut theirs off.

he'll be one pain in the neck for obama

RE: Owl 69/70/75.. Here is your Israeli Ultimatum on Iran.. - I45owl - 04-01-2009 10:02 PM

(04-01-2009 07:50 PM)WMD Owl Wrote:  The Obama presidency has two great missions: fixing the economy, and preventing Iran from gaining nuclear weapons," Netanyahu told The Atlantic.

03-weeping No Fair! Obama explicitly said he wanted to do only one thing at a time. 03-hissyfit

RE: Owl 69/70/75.. Here is your Israeli Ultimatum on Iran.. - I45owl - 04-01-2009 10:10 PM

(04-01-2009 08:44 PM)smn1256 Wrote:  If I remember correcty, during the campaign Obama reached out more to Iran than he did to Israel and he seemed to reach out to them only after people started bitching about it. Maybe Obama should impose a tax on Iranian nukes like he did with our smokes.

Color me a pessimist. An Israeli attack on Iran will probably result in US Policy shifting heavily in favor of Hamas as well as near complete ostracism of Israel by Europe. This is probably heads you lose, tails RobertN wins.

I don't really like the military option here.

RE: Owl 69/70/75.. Here is your Israeli Ultimatum on Iran.. - Rebel - 04-01-2009 10:36 PM

Obama won't be re-elected, so it doesn't matter. Bibi will do what he needs to do to protect his people. Unlike professor dipshit at 1600 who wants to release terrorists in our country.

RE: Owl 69/70/75.. Here is your Israeli Ultimatum on Iran.. - SumOfAllFears - 04-01-2009 10:59 PM

Isn't it ironic that American Jews voted 80% to elect ObamaMessiah. I wonder if they are reading the memo now. Netanyahu is a much more experienced leader than ObamaTheIdiot. Obama has never run anything but a Campaign, with other peoples money. His only military experience was when he was taught how to salute. We are living in very dangerous times.

RE: Owl 69/70/75.. Here is your Israeli Ultimatum on Iran.. - Rebel - 04-01-2009 11:06 PM

Democrats are the masters of spin. They're snake oil salesmen. Look at the black community. They've been voting Democrat since the 60's.......and their role in the American experiment has been diminishing ever since. Never in my life have I seen "let them eat cake" played out as much as I have with the black community.