CSNbbs
Forget the financial crisis, this is more important - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Kyra Memorial Spin Room (/forum-540.html)
+---- Thread: Forget the financial crisis, this is more important (/thread-358073.html)

Forget the financial crisis, this is more important - smn1256 - 03-26-2009 09:18 PM

Forget about the billions being handed out to AIG and the auto companies, or the trillions in taxes due to cap and trade, or the billions being spent on climate control and health care. Our senate has got something much more important than that and it needs to be looked at right now.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_blog/2009/03/senate-plans-to.html

RE: Forget the financial crisis, this is more important - Fo Shizzle - 03-26-2009 09:26 PM

Damn....These scumbags will do ANYTHING to garner votes.

Although I firmly support a playoff system for college football...I will make a point of voting AGAINST any NC scumbag that casts a vote in favor of this issue if it comes up.03-puke

This is NOT what the 51% of delusional voters thought that these people were being put in power to address as issues of importance to the nation.03-banghead

Anyone see an "end-run" in progress as a diversion from the real issues?05-stirthepot

RE: Forget the financial crisis, this is more important - Owl 69/70/75 - 03-26-2009 09:56 PM

Actually, I'd prefer to see them spend about six months or a year on this. Time spent on this is time not spent f'ing up something else.

RE: Forget the financial crisis, this is more important - TomorrowHerd - 03-26-2009 10:18 PM

(03-26-2009 09:56 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  Actually, I'd prefer to see them spend about six months or a year on this. Time spent on this is time not spent f'ing up something else.

My thinking exactly Owl. The less government does, the better for us.

RE: Forget the financial crisis, this is more important - WoodlandsOwl - 03-26-2009 11:57 PM

(03-26-2009 10:18 PM)TomorrowHerd Wrote:  
(03-26-2009 09:56 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  Actually, I'd prefer to see them spend about six months or a year on this. Time spent on this is time not spent f'ing up something else.

My thinking exactly Owl. The less government does, the better for us.

Lets look at the Cast of Characters and their Undergrad schools:

Dems:

Kohl- U Wisconsin
Schumer- Harvard
Whitehouse-Yale
Wyden- Oregon
Klobucher- Yale
Kaufman-Duke

Republicans:

Hatch- BYU
Cornyn- Trinity (Texas)
Specter- Penn
Grassley-Northern Iowa Teachers College

I don't see anyone really giving a damn except for Wyden. 3:00 AM CSPAN for this debate.

RE: Forget the financial crisis, this is more important - Machiavelli - 03-27-2009 12:00 AM

you could make the case that Utah has been screwed over twice. They dominated Pitt and they dominated Alabama. That's where Hatch is coming from.

RE: Forget the financial crisis, this is more important - Fo Shizzle - 03-27-2009 07:11 AM

+1...03-lmfao

RE: Forget the financial crisis, this is more important - DrTorch - 03-27-2009 09:57 AM

Injustice is injustice. Theft is theft. And this is big time, in the $billions.

RE: Forget the financial crisis, this is more important - Rebel - 03-27-2009 10:11 AM

Who wants to bet they spend more time debating this than the multi-billion dollar stimulus package....that they didn't even read?

RE: Forget the financial crisis, this is more important - WoodlandsOwl - 03-27-2009 10:16 AM

(03-27-2009 10:11 AM)Rebel Wrote:  Who wants to bet they spend more time debating this than the multi-billion dollar stimulus package....that they didn't even read?

While we are at it, lets have some more Steroid Hearings. See if they can put some more baseball and football players in a perjury trap.

RE: Forget the financial crisis, this is more important - DrTorch - 03-27-2009 11:58 AM

(03-27-2009 10:16 AM)WMD Owl Wrote:  
(03-27-2009 10:11 AM)Rebel Wrote:  Who wants to bet they spend more time debating this than the multi-billion dollar stimulus package....that they didn't even read?

While we are at it, lets have some more Steroid Hearings. See if they can put some more baseball and football players in a perjury trap.

THose I never understood. Since when does Congress need to be involved in such hearings? Showboating, waste of time...

RE: Forget the financial crisis, this is more important - Rebel - 03-27-2009 12:10 PM

(03-27-2009 11:58 AM)DrTorch Wrote:  

THose I never understood. Since when does Congress need to be involved in such hearings? Showboating, waste of time...

I had the same question a while back. Someone answered to the affect of Baseball being a government-sanctioned monopoly so they are subject to Congress. Football? I have no clue why they're hounded. It really is non of the government's concern. ...but seriously, even though they regulate baseball, it should be something that VERY low on the list of priorities.

RE: Forget the financial crisis, this is more important - Owl 69/70/75 - 03-27-2009 12:21 PM

(03-27-2009 12:10 PM)Rebel Wrote:  
(03-27-2009 11:58 AM)DrTorch Wrote:  
I had the same question a while back. Someone answered to the affect of Baseball being a government-sanctioned monopoly so they are subject to Congress. Football? I have no clue why they're hounded. It really is non of the government's concern. ...but seriously, even though they regulate baseball, it should be something that VERY low on the list of priorities.

The time they spend in steroid hearings is time they can't spend screwing something else up. I bet there's a mumblety-peg league somewhere with guys taking steroids. Congress??????