CSNbbs
Big Shakeup in Democrat Primary - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Kyra Memorial Spin Room (/forum-540.html)
+---- Thread: Big Shakeup in Democrat Primary (/thread-276292.html)

Pages: 1 2

Big Shakeup in Democrat Primary - THE NC Herd Fan - 01-24-2008 07:14 PM

Obama and Clinton scrambling after announcement

This could very well change the dynamic in the Democrat Primary.

RE: Big Shakeup in Democrat Primary - georgia_tech_swagger - 01-24-2008 07:52 PM

He's eccentric (lol UFO), but he represents what the Democrats really want to stand for, but don't have the fortitude to say. I think he's totally wrong on fiscal policy and the welfare state, but his belief in their success is legit. He really believes they're the solutions ... he's not just pandering.

RE: Big Shakeup in Democrat Primary - subflea - 01-24-2008 08:14 PM

He was my choice. I felt he was most in line with what a true Democrat wants. The UFO thing blew a an already slim chance completely out of the running. The Larry Flynt hosted fund raiser didn't help a whole lot either.

BTW, 14% of Americans say they have seen a UFO.

RE: Big Shakeup in Democrat Primary - WoodlandsOwl - 01-24-2008 08:54 PM

subflea Wrote:He was my choice. I felt he was most in line with what a true Democrat wants. The UFO thing blew a an already slim chance completely out of the running. The Larry Flynt hosted fund raiser didn't help a whole lot either.

So did most of the population of Stephenville, Texas earlier this month...

My money is they saw a MV-22 Osprey on a Test Flight out of the Bell Helicopter facility in Fort Worth, or a UCAV design from Lockheed Martin on the west side of town There is military flight test airspace not far from Stephenville.

RE: Big Shakeup in Democrat Primary - Rebel - 01-24-2008 08:55 PM

I actually respect Kucinich. He said the same thing wherever he went. He didn't have different stances for differing crowds. I think he's a fruitbat, but I respect him nonetheless.

RE: Big Shakeup in Democrat Primary - subflea - 01-24-2008 08:56 PM

In a year where all the candidates are turds, he is the most honest of all the turds.

RE: Big Shakeup in Democrat Primary - WoodlandsOwl - 01-24-2008 09:01 PM

RebelKev Wrote:I actually respect Kucinich. He said the same thing wherever he went. He didn't have different stances for differing crowds. I think he's a fruitbat, but I respect him nonetheless.

Kucinich usually didn't meet the threshold for delegates, and often his supporters then went to Obama. His 5-7% of the vote could make a big difference for Obama in California, Oregon, Washington.

It will be interesting to see how more far "hard left" Hillary goes to catch Kucinich supporters.

RE: Big Shakeup in Democrat Primary - Rebel - 01-24-2008 09:02 PM

subflea Wrote:In a year where all the candidates are turds, he is the most honest of all the turds.

Tancredo was honest. Hunter was honest. Thompson was honest. It's turning out just as politics always do.

IMO, I want Mark Sanford. I'd follow that guy to the pits of hell.

RE: Big Shakeup in Democrat Primary - THE NC Herd Fan - 01-24-2008 09:15 PM

RebelKev Wrote:
subflea Wrote:In a year where all the candidates are turds, he is the most honest of all the turds.

Tancredo was honest. Hunter was honest. Thompson was honest. It's turning out just as politics always do.

IMO, I want Mark Sanford. I'd follow that guy to the pits of hell.

I think Huckabee is honest, I've seen more that a few comments that people don't like him because of his faith. One thing about the Huckster that no other candidate can say he was is and probably will always be middle class so I think in that respect he knows more about the average Joe's problems than any other candidate.

RE: Big Shakeup in Democrat Primary - subflea - 01-24-2008 09:38 PM

Huckabee wants to ammend the constitution to line up with "the word of the living god". He is a nut.

RE: Big Shakeup in Democrat Primary - Rebel - 01-24-2008 09:43 PM

subflea Wrote:Huckabee wants to ammend the constitution to line up with "the word of the living god". He is a nut.

Link? I'm, more than likely, going to vote for him. Why? None of the Republicans running are conservatives, but he supports the Fairtax. After Fred dropped out, the f'er, I had no choice.

RE: Big Shakeup in Democrat Primary - blah - 01-24-2008 09:45 PM

subflea Wrote:Huckabee wants to ammend the constitution to line up with "the word of the living god". He is a nut.

Says the guy who supported the UFO lover...

RE: Big Shakeup in Democrat Primary - subflea - 01-24-2008 09:57 PM

Here you go:

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2008/01/15/579265.aspx

RE: Big Shakeup in Democrat Primary - Fanatical - 01-24-2008 10:25 PM

Kucinich got less face time than Paul; I would be surprised if a large amount of people even knew he was running

RE: Big Shakeup in Democrat Primary - jh - 01-24-2008 11:30 PM

WMD Owl Wrote:
subflea Wrote:He was my choice. I felt he was most in line with what a true Democrat wants. The UFO thing blew a an already slim chance completely out of the running. The Larry Flynt hosted fund raiser didn't help a whole lot either.

So did most of the population of Stephenville, Texas earlier this month...

My money is they saw a MV-22 Osprey on a Test Flight out of the Bell Helicopter facility in Fort Worth, or a UCAV design from Lockheed Martin on the west side of town There is military flight test airspace not far from Stephenville.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/01/23/airforce.ufo/index.html

Looks like F-16s instead.

RE: Big Shakeup in Democrat Primary - georgia_tech_swagger - 01-25-2008 08:17 AM

RebelKev Wrote:

Link? I'm, more than likely, going to vote for him. Why? None of the Republicans running are conservatives, but he supports the Fairtax. After Fred dropped out, the f'er, I had no choice.

You haven't heard about this?????? Talk about Republicans with their head in the sand......

RE: Big Shakeup in Democrat Primary - Bourgeois_Rage - 01-25-2008 08:36 AM

RebelKev Wrote:

I guess you missed our discussion on this earlier, Kev.

As for UFOs. I think it is very similar to creationism. People see something that they can't explain and then attribute it to something that they have no hard evidence for. This seems to be part of the human condition. Take that as you will.

RE: Big Shakeup in Democrat Primary - subflea - 01-25-2008 08:43 AM

Bourgeois_Rage Wrote:
RebelKev Wrote:

I guess you missed our discussion on this earlier, Kev.

As for UFOs. I think it is very similar to creationism. People see something that they can't explain and then attribute it to something that they have no hard evidence for. This seems to be part of the human condition. Take that as you will.

He didn't say he saw a spaceship, he said he saw a UFO, an unidentified flying object. It could have been anything.

RE: Big Shakeup in Democrat Primary - Bourgeois_Rage - 01-25-2008 09:16 AM

Right, but people hear UFO and don't think unidentified flying object, they think aliens in a flying saucer (cue the theremin). Plus I see stuff I can't identify all the time in the sky, but I don't go running to the media or publishing every flashing light that moves weird on a website. If I posted on here that I saw a UFO, you'd all think I thought that I saw aliens, otherwise why tell anyone...

RE: Big Shakeup in Democrat Primary - Rebel - 01-25-2008 09:20 AM

UFO's are tools of the devil. Same as dinosaur bones.