CSNbbs
What music are you listening to right now - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Sports Bar (/forum-531.html)
+---- Thread: What music are you listening to right now (/thread-213239.html)

RE: What music are you listening to right now - Lush - 01-21-2018 10:41 AM

RE: What music are you listening to right now - UCGrad1992 - 01-21-2018 08:09 PM

(01-21-2018 10:41 AM)Lush Wrote:  

Good stuff.

RE: What music are you listening to right now - UCGrad1992 - 01-21-2018 09:03 PM

RE: What music are you listening to right now - BEARCATDALE - 01-23-2018 09:05 PM

RE: What music are you listening to right now - Lush - 01-23-2018 09:43 PM

RE: What music are you listening to right now - PirateTreasureNC - 01-24-2018 02:50 AM

Just got finished reorganizing my cd collection.... 600+ cds in the collection ... and of some note...

En Route to me

Eminem: Revival
Metallica: Kill 'Em All Remastered
Metallica: Ride the Lightning Remastered
Evanescence: Synthesis
Judas Priest: Rocka Rolla, Sad Wings of Destiny
Judas Priest: Staind Class, Point of Entry, Ram it Down, and Painkiller Remastered Series
*fills in a collection I had started and I passed on the two live cds in that set.

Missing and need to get:

Helmet: Dead to the World ('17)
Judas Priest: Jugulator, Demolition, Metalogy, Angel of Retribution, Nostradamus
*these aren't cheap enough yet for me to bite with their others on the way.
Judas Priest: Firepower coming in March 2018
Papa Roach: Crooked Teeth ('17)
*probably only get the single cd even though the double with disc 2 being live stuff isn't that much more.
Public Enemy: Nothing is Quick in the Desert
*says its a digital only album now so...
Wyclef Jean: Carnival III: The Fall and Rise of a Refugee
*Got one of his '17 releases, J'Ouvert, but somehow missed this one

So, what was I blasting while doing this you ask? Well...

[Image: R-367943-1396430815-8456.jpeg.jpg]

Disc 1.
*A great cover album

[Image: 512fZHDDabL._SY355_.jpg]

Damn, forgot how good this 2017 effort by them was.... Vernon Reid and Corey Glover make Living Colour, and they still sound good.

[Image: 220px-Living_chair300x300.jpg]

Another good Living Colour cd from a few years ago, not as well produced as Shade but still worth a listen IMO.

[Image: wyclef-jean-jouvert-620x620.jpg]

Great disc IMO. I have liked all of his solo works.

In the car of late
[Image: 810AxLh7%2BQL._SY355_.jpg]

I don't normally double dip but I found this one pretty cheap for the 3disc set. After playing it in my much nicer car system (versus my computer speakers) I can really tell they brightened up the highs and put in a little more bass. I was convinced enough to get Kill Em All and Ride the Lightning remasters too but just the base cd only and not those super deluxe sets. This was the 2nd Metallica cd I ever listened to, the first being The Black Album. I liked MoP enough to revisit their back catalog at that point and got more into the band than I had up until that point.

In and out of play
[Image: Apocalyptic_Love.jpg]
*great rock disc IMO

[Image: Slash_-_World_on_Fire.png]
*great rock disc IMo

[Image: Pantera-FarBeyondDriven.jpg]
Technically, the anniversary remastered edition of this epic piece of work. I didn't keep my original at the time but when this came out a few years ago I re-bought it.

[Image: 71uWUC6j78L._SY355_.jpg]

Strictly for the old school hip hop disc.

RE: What music are you listening to right now - PirateTreasureNC - 01-24-2018 08:55 PM

While not always my cup of tea, I got on youtube and saw Slayer is ending it this year

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2018/jan/24/slayer-split-after-tour-metal

Like I said, I never really got into them but I did find some songs I could get into here and there...they just were never my thing.... but they are arguably one of the biggest influencers of the metal genre.

RE: What music are you listening to right now - UCGrad1992 - 01-25-2018 12:13 AM

Love the guitar change at about the 2:45 mark...

RE: What music are you listening to right now - Lush - 01-25-2018 08:30 AM

RE: What music are you listening to right now - PirateTreasureNC - 01-25-2018 08:17 PM

I got in the mail today:

Eminem: Revival
** Not bad so far... not quite getting the hate this was getting yet. I will say that Walk on Water, while insightful into his mindset, is not the best lead track and I still don't quite feel it.

Metallica's remastered editions of Ride the Lightning and Kill Em All. I got these because a) they were only $6 and b) I was impressed with the remastering on the MoP cd I had gotten. The only BS with these is they rip as the original album and not as __ Remastered. So I had to delete the new ripped files and re-rip them with editing in REMASTERED to the album title. Otherwise it looked like I had double track listings under each album and thus not able to tell which was the remastered cut and which was the original cut. IMO though, RTL is a cleaner sounding album that KeA. Like, the sound quality and production was better, and the songs felt "less raw" in terms of sound quality and overall presence to the ear.

RE: What music are you listening to right now - UCGrad1992 - 01-25-2018 09:23 PM

RE: What music are you listening to right now - Lush - 01-26-2018 01:00 PM

listening to this cd in the wife's car

RE: What music are you listening to right now - UCGrad1992 - 01-26-2018 09:09 PM

(01-26-2018 01:00 PM)Lush Wrote:  listening to this cd in the wife's car

Anything with Levon is great. Beautiful, gorgeous, soulful song. 04-cheers

RE: What music are you listening to right now - PirateTreasureNC - 01-26-2018 09:39 PM

(01-25-2018 09:23 PM)UCGrad1992 Wrote:  

I was feeling this title....

RE: What music are you listening to right now - UCGrad1992 - 01-26-2018 10:06 PM

RE: What music are you listening to right now - BEARCATDALE - 01-26-2018 11:35 PM

Peter Green is so underappreciated.

RE: What music are you listening to right now - BEARCATDALE - 01-26-2018 11:48 PM

(01-26-2018 10:06 PM)UCGrad1992 Wrote:  BeeGees

Been waiting for someone else to post this band before I responded. These guys are talented and should be respected more than they are dismissed. Flame away if you want but I stand by them even if the videos are dated the music stands on its own merit.

RE: What music are you listening to right now - UCGrad1992 - 01-27-2018 12:32 AM

(01-26-2018 11:48 PM)BEARCATDALE Wrote:  
(01-26-2018 10:06 PM)UCGrad1992 Wrote:  BeeGees

Been waiting for someone else to post this band before I responded. These guys are talented and should be respected more than they are dismissed. Flame away if you want but I stand by them even if the videos are dated the music stands on its own merit.

04-cheers

RE: What music are you listening to right now - PirateTreasureNC - 01-27-2018 12:54 PM

Filled out my Judas Priest "The Remasters" series sans the two live albums today as the remaining discs just arrived in the mail today. I gotta say, that Priest, when they are in full on rock mode are so bad ass with everything in their arsenal that its hard not to be a fan. When they slow things down, Halford's vocals really change how the song feels. I can't think of any band I have ever heard that sounded like them, either in their older years and continuing on with newer material as 2014's Redeemer of Souls was BAD ASS!

RE: What music are you listening to right now - Lush - 01-27-2018 05:25 PM

didn't realize this was a bee gee song