CSNbbs
Cajuns fall to Rice - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+---- Thread: Cajuns fall to Rice (/thread-15296.html)

- SwampHound - 02-21-2004 04:30 PM

Another OOC loss and blown opportunity, 05-nono Cajuns lose to Rice 81-76. Now we MUST win the conference tourney or else :rolleyes:

- HerdZoned - 02-21-2004 04:47 PM

The way ESPN hyped the games hi-lites it sounded like a good game.

- SwampHound - 02-21-2004 04:48 PM

HerdZoned Wrote:The way ESPN hyped the games hi-lites it sounded like a good game.
I listened to it on the radio, did sound like a very hard fought and great game to watch except for the outcome :bang:

- Cajunman02 - 02-21-2004 05:07 PM

Jay Bird said it best on the radio...."Rice is cooked best at home." Some really good home cooking going on in Houston.

GEAUX CAJUNS!!!

- SwampHound - 02-21-2004 05:12 PM

Cajunman02 Wrote:Jay Bird said it best on the radio...."Rice is cooked best at home." Some really good home cooking going on in Houston.

GEAUX CAJUNS!!!
We MUST find a way to win these games on the road since we cannot/will not get good OOC teams into the Cajundome. We have had a good season but have come up short in these big games.

- studentfan - 02-22-2004 02:09 AM

We have to start winning these games or else it's going to be the same story every year. We win the tourny or we go to the NIT if that even.

- sammytheowl - 02-22-2004 11:38 AM

Good game Cajuns. You guys played great and I'm not afraid to admit we got the majority of the calls. Sorry the fight had to mar an otherwise great game too. The only thing I thought is that #42 was a little rough inside and might have had some extra incentive to show his wares because he was from Houston??

I'm sure the calls will go your way when we play out there next year.

Good luck in the Sun Belt tournament. Even with a win and our RPI now at 57, we're probably in the same boat as you. We'll have to win the WAC tournament (or maybe every game between now and then except a WAC championship game). I don't think this loss would have been the difference between an at-large bid or no at-large bid. The WAC may also be a 1-bid conference this year and our conference RPI is quite a bit better than the Sun Belt this year. The BCS conferences get way too many bids and there is nothing teams like Rice or ULL can do about it.

Thanks also to your fans for bringing good numbers to Autry. Hopefully we can start playing you guys more than once every 28 years now in hoops.

- CAJUNNATION - 02-22-2004 11:54 AM

Thanks for the kind words Owl fan.

I, too, think it would be great for us to play more, in every sport. We also had good and competitive games when Houston came to the dome and Cajun Field . There is such a great opportunity for our schools to develop some great rivalries.

Unfortunately, it probably makes too much sense to happen. :frown:

- SwampHound - 02-22-2004 11:58 AM

sammytheowl Wrote:Good game Cajuns. You guys played great and I'm not afraid to admit we got the majority of the calls. Sorry the fight had to mar an otherwise great game too. The only thing I thought is that #42 was a little rough inside and might have had some extra incentive to show his wares because he was from Houston??

I'm sure the calls will go your way when we play out there next year.

Good luck in the Sun Belt tournament. Even with a win and our RPI now at 57, we're probably in the same boat as you. We'll have to win the WAC tournament (or maybe every game between now and then except a WAC championship game). I don't think this loss would have been the difference between an at-large bid or no at-large bid. The WAC may also be a 1-bid conference this year and our conference RPI is quite a bit better than the Sun Belt this year. The BCS conferences get way too many bids and there is nothing teams like Rice or ULL can do about it.

Thanks also to your fans for bringing good numbers to Autry. Hopefully we can start playing you guys more than once every 28 years now in hoops.
Look forward to you guys returning the trip next year. I don't know about your team but we seem to have a horrible time getting quality OOC opponents into the Cajundome. The only "good" team from OOC we had this year was Houston. It is a shame that schools like ours (add Houston, Southern Miss, Tulane, SMU, LaTech) can't play more regional OOC games one for one we all need it anyway. Yet here our fans are forced to watch teams like Loyla-New Orleans or University of Mobile come to Lafayette. Congrats on your win and good luck in the WAC tourney.

- Cajunman02 - 02-22-2004 03:03 PM

I can't believe no one has posted the about "The Kick." When Hamilton was in the fight and get separated, he was pulled back behind the basket. One of the Rice cheerleaders kicked him in his leg. Look at the tape. You can clearly see "The Kick."

GEAUX CAJUNS!!!!

- SwampHound - 02-22-2004 03:07 PM

Cajunman02 Wrote:I can't believe no one has posted the about "The Kick." When Hamilton was in the fight and get separated, he was pulled back behind the basket. One of the Rice cheerleaders kicked him in his leg. Look at the tape. You can clearly see "The Kick."

GEAUX CAJUNS!!!!
Did not see the game, where was he kicked :eek: Hopefully not a Rodman job :rolleyes: Male or felmale cheerleader? Either way they should be suspended from the squad for the rest of the season. No need for that. If a fan had done they would have been arrested.

- Cajunman02 - 02-22-2004 03:15 PM

SwampHound Wrote:
Cajunman02 Wrote:I can't believe no one has posted the about "The Kick."  When Hamilton was in the fight and get separated, he was pulled back behind the basket.  One of the Rice cheerleaders kicked him in his leg.  Look at the tape.  You can clearly see "The Kick."

GEAUX CAJUNS!!!!
Did not see the game, where was he kicked :eek: Hopefully not a Rodman job :rolleyes: Male or felmale cheerleader? Either way they should be suspended from the squad for the rest of the season. No need for that. If a fan had done they would have been arrested.
KATC showed "The Kick" like 5 times on the news last night. It was a female football kicker, oops I mean cheerleader. She kicked him right in the calf.

GEAUX CAJUNS!!!